Theme Makeup with a Purpose

meka72

Hey ladies, I hope you're staying warm. I've been feeling a lot under the weather. I spent the entire weekend in the bed. But my makeup was cute though! I'll post details when I'm not about to pass out.

aradhana

get well soon meka!

i had a superfast look today...i just can't seem to wake up!

aqua cream 15 all over lid, feline thickly on upper lashline, super thin on lower waterline, smudged out with havana extra dimension eyeshadow. black mascara, upper and lower....and daydream blush. c'est tout!

i need to start waking up earlier....but i am glad that i managed to pull in havana for a look...and that i no longer have an eye infection!!!

aradhana

Hi Ladies! How y'all doin'? Hope your holidays are off to a good start. I have two weeks off for the holidays, which is rare for me. Looking forward to rest and relaxation...hopefully that'll help me wake up earlier, have time to do daily makeup looks and get to work on time! ;) I pulled out a bunch on mineralize products last week and reminded myself I have them...i'd like to keep doing this in the new year rather than focusing on new stuff...

meka72

Hey ladies! I'm all better and have time to give y'all the rundown. Lately I've been feeling rundown, which is most likely related to my thyroid. Unfortunately, my thyroid has caused me some "hair issues" so Santa is bringing me some hair! Lol. I've been natural before and have no issue with getting all my hair cut off but I'm just not "there" right now. Oh well. I bought the sigma f80 (flat kabuki) on Black Friday and just received it last week. As much as I love the beauty blender, I'm loving that brush! My foundation looks great! For the past 2 weeks or so, I've been changing my foundation weekly. Last week I used clinique pore minimizing foundation in pecan, which is perfect for my complexion. A very good match. That said, I realized that my Nars Sheer Glow in Trinidad is probably a touch too light/yellow/beige/something. This week, I used SG with Mac MSF in dark deep/deep dark to give a darker appearance. It was okay but the clinique foundation spoiled me re the match to my skin. Last week, I wore my eye makeup everyday, which was the usual: Milani eye primer Maybelline color tattoo in matte brown as additional base Nars Galapagos to lid Mac Swiss chocolate as transition Mac brown script to crease Mac carbon/cover girl black gel to line upper lid Dior show/Tarte lights, cameras, lashes (some days) Various lipstick This week, I'm changing up my lipstick. Unfortunately I can't remember what I've worn. I hope you ladies are well and have happy holidays!

meka72

Enjoy your time off!
Hi Ladies! How y'all doin'? Hope your holidays are off to a good start. I have two weeks off for the holidays, which is rare for me. Looking forward to rest and relaxation...hopefully that'll help me wake up earlier, have time to do daily makeup looks and get to work on time! ;) I pulled out a bunch on mineralize products last week and reminded myself I have them...i'd like to keep doing this in the new year rather than focusing on new stuff...

sagehen

@meka - LOL at Santa bringing you some hair. Not making light of your situation (and here's hoping you get better, soon), but love the sense of humor you have about it. I swear that helps. Yay for rotating foundations! How's the eye shadow practice going? That sounds like a lovely eye.

meka72

I'm trying to be in good spirits, honestly. I realize that my health issues could be more severe. Surprisingly, my eyeshadow application has gotten better. Of course you ladies were right. Actually applying eyeshadow has been the best teacher. I've also learned that using the shimmery shades from my Sonia Kashuk palette adds a lot of depth to my crease (in addition to saddle/brown script in the crease). I've had a number of samples of foundations that I need to use. I can't wait to try the sigma brush with the Marc Jacobs gel foundation.
@meka - LOL at Santa bringing you some hair. Not making light of your situation (and here's hoping you get better, soon), but love the sense of humor you have about it. I swear that helps. Yay for rotating foundations! How's the eye shadow practice going? That sounds like a lovely eye.

sagehen

I'm trying to be in good spirits, honestly. I realize that my health issues could be more severe. Surprisingly, my eyeshadow application has gotten better. Of course you ladies were right. Actually applying eyeshadow has been the best teacher. I've also learned that using the shimmery shades from my Sonia Kashuk palette adds a lot of depth to my crease (in addition to saddle/brown script in the crease). I've had a number of samples of foundations that I need to use. I can't wait to try the sigma brush with the Marc Jacobs gel foundation.
OMG...you got that foundation? Please come back and tell us your thoughts. This one is on my list to try.

meka72

It's just a sample. I'm glad that I didn't invest in the foundation because the shade match is a little off AND I wasn't very happy with the MJ blush. My experience with the blush (it is like there's a film on the top that inhibits color payoff) soured me on the line really. That said, I've heard great things about the MJ lipsticks. And many people love the foundation.
OMG...you got that foundation? Please come back and tell us your thoughts. This one is on my list to try.

aradhana

It's just a sample. I'm glad that I didn't invest in the foundation because the shade match is a little off AND I wasn't very happy with the MJ blush. My experience with the blush (it is like there's a film on the top that inhibits color payoff) soured me on the line really. That said, I've heard great things about the MJ lipsticks. And many people love the foundation.
i was kind of intrigued by that special mj set they have out at sephora right now...for nights out...it's basically to do a gold and black smokey eye. the shadow palette looks really nice but i don't need the mascara or liner enough to pay over $100 for it....grrrrr!

CartoonChic

Hope you'll continue to feel better meka.

I still haven't worn any makeup yet. Too much going on and I think I need to focus better to be more motivated. I think I'm going to try Olivia Pope-esque looks from Scandal for my January theme. I'm drawn to the look and hope it will inspire me to get out of this makeup rut.

Prettypackages

Great minds, Medgal. I was thinking Small Vanity, too, so I went with a similar shade in Tarte since I gave SV to my daughter. I can't believe your UD palette hasn't arrived yet, however, you have lots of other new goodies to keep you company. (sagehen had nobody to tell so she told me.
cutey.gif
)

FACE
Hourglass Veil Mineral primer
Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme foundation – Toffee Bronze

NARS Radiant Creamy concealer – Ginger

Skindinavia Shine Free setting spray

Notes:
ANF edes – didn’t pop the way I wanted so topped w/ WOG. Think if I would have used a less bright concealer it may have worked.
Lips – brought Chanel Wild Rose Glossimer and Rimmel Kate Matte 104. Lipstick seems almost too pink and gloss seems like it’s not enough oomph. Wonder if I need a beige on my lips?
MUFE Aqua Shadow - applied patchy and bumpy so I'm not happy with that. My look is textured. May also have caused to much shimmer for my work day. Pretty for night though.

Quote: Originally Posted by meka72

MsTT, your makeup always sounds so pretty (and looks so pretty based upon that pic). You have such variety in your makeup arsenal.

My family is tired of my newfound love of makeup yet they want to benefit from it. My daughter insists on Nars blushes. Now my mother has discovered Nars Sheer Glow (thanks to a sample from sephora). She said that it was the best foundation that she had ever tried because it just melted into her skin. She also said she received a lot of compliments on her makeup. Suddenly she wants to take my advice by wearing more color in her face (blush/lipstick) and even asked if I would talk her through contouring her face (we live in different states). I love it!

This is what I wore yesterday as I rushed out of the house:

Korres anti-aging primer to face
Sleek BB cream in dark applied w/beauty blender
Bobbi Brown corrector in dark peach to undereye
Nars concealer in ginger (this combo looked lighter than usual and creased on me for some reason
Milani eye primer
Mac Swiss chocolate all over lid
Mac Limit to browbone
Nars Amour blush
Mac Rebel lipstick

This is what I wore today:

Same primers, foundation and lipstick as yesterday
LaFemme blush in Cinnabar
Mac Swiss chocolate as transition eye shadow
Mac saddle to crease
Mac limit to browbone
Sonia Kashuk jewel of an eye palette (one of the purply colors...sorry)
Spritz of Kat Von D lock n'load fo set makeup

So tonight I was playing around with the Sonia Kashuk palette and came up with a look that I loved. Still the basics with the Swiss chocolate, limit and saddle applications but I added a sparkly brown to my crease and blended more than normal, then used a cranberry shade from the palette on my lid. Love! Perhaps my dissatisfaction with my eye looks was based on not enough blending and not enough depth in the crease? I'm talking like I know what I'm talmbout. Lol.
Meka, how do you like the Korres primer?

TT which tarte blush did you use? HOw is Ginger working out?

Medgal, that haul is beautiful!!!!!! I haven't even started to think of Tom Ford.

I've been using a new foundation, ok I've only worn it twice, by Clinique... Yes, Clinique. My friend and I were playing in Sephora for like TWO HOURS LOL, we did the foundation shade thing, and they chose UD 9 and Givency (something) colors for me. I like the Givenchy color, but it was to thin. I needed a fuller coverage... She happened to try on Clinique Even Better, and I was amazed how it looked soo much like her skin. So I was trying to find the Givenchy shade in that brand. LOL I think I like it. Which is a shock to me. they also matched me to Nars Tahoe, I tried it the other day, and it will work if I blend it in well. I normally use Cadiz. They matched me to NArS TM Martinique, which is also weird (much redder than Tahoe) and I wear Seychelles. Shrugs... I don't know. LOL My skin is so dry right now, I'm not sure I should try to do a matte coverage. Tahoe stuck to my skin like glue. Showed dry patches I didn't know I had.

I wore makeup twice last week, a pretty purple from the Kat Von D Holiday palette and a nude lip in my makeup bag. My intentions were to clean up and organize my make up and life today... but that didn't happen. LOL We celebrated christmas Sunday, and I didn't do ish today.

I've been busy with work, but I'll be trying to stop in more often...

Prettypackages

Oh, MissTT, I wear fedora type hats, and I finally found a winter hat at Nordies last year that has a lining, AND is big enough for my head... My hat list is huge. It had to be big enough, won't mess up curls, can wear if my hair is wet and pulled back, and the material can't pull my hair out.

CartoonChic

Oh, MissTT, I wear fedora type hats, and I finally found a winter hat at Nordies last year that has a lining, AND is big enough for my head... My hat list is huge. It had to be big enough, won't mess up curls, can wear if my hair is wet and pulled back, and the material can't pull my hair out.
Do you have a link for the hat?

meka72

PrettyPackages, I was on a primer buying kick because I had a theory that I'd match my foundation brand with a primer from the same brand and/or match foundation formulation with primer formulation (use a water based foundation and water based primer). That got a little costly after buying the Nars oil free primer and MUFE #4/caramel primer. Lol. I got a sample of the Korres anti-aging primer and it works for every single foundation (liquid/powder/oil based/water based/silicone based) that I have. I gladly paid regular price for the korres anti-aging primer. I use it most days. Unless I'm using Nars or MUFE foundations. Lol.

meka72

I forgot to say that in glad that I'm not the only person falling in love with clinique foundations. I've been really pleased with the pore minimizing foundation in pecan.
PrettyPackages, I was on a primer buying kick because I had a theory that I'd match my foundation brand with a primer from the same brand and/or match foundation formulation with primer formulation (use a water based foundation and water based primer). That got a little costly after buying the Nars oil free primer and MUFE #4/caramel primer. Lol. I got a sample of the Korres anti-aging primer and it works for every single foundation (liquid/powder/oil based/water based/silicone based) that I have. I gladly paid regular price for the korres anti-aging primer. I use it most days. Unless I'm using Nars or MUFE foundations. Lol.

aradhana

So did any of you ladies pick up studded kiss from punk couture? I skipped it and am wondering if that was a mistake. I ended up getting silver dawn e/s and it's physical f/l...those two are pretty special. I kinda wanted an end blush, but can't decide between the three so i'm putting it off for now...

MissTT

I'm gonna come back and get caught up tomorrow, but stopping in to say hello, it's my birthday, and... I's married now!

Latest posts