Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

I actually went to work without a lick of makeup. Now you know I'm tired. LOL
Mama said there'd be days like this
greengrin.gif

Prettypackages

Mama said there'd be days like this
greengrin.gif
LMAO!!! Now that's funny. Lets make that TWO days in a row. My coworker told me I looked nice today. I was like I have on no makeup, haven't combed out my hair in 3 days, and blah blah... She told me to take the compliment and shut up!

aradhana

i did that for a whole bunch of days before the holidays...i think my colleagues must have thought i had burnt out or something! i tend to look very sleepy without eye makeup, especially mascara, so i try to avoid it for early mornings, but sometimes it's difficult enough rolling out of bed! :)

i wore magenta blush today using the yachiyo....i was quite impressed that i had absolutely zero blending issues using this brush/blush combo. actually here's the youtube tutorial that i based the cheeks on:
http://youtu.be/TcjkndEgnao
she used frankly scarlet i think, but i don't have that, so i went with the magenta instead.

also, i've been using a little sample of studio fix in nc43 that i picked up recently...i usually end up with foundations that i quickly realize are not quite right...this one is perfect - i wish mac would produce it in some of the other formulas!

Medgal07

LMAO!!! Now that's funny. Lets make that TWO days in a row. My coworker told me I looked nice today. I was like I have on no makeup, haven't combed out my hair in 3 days, and blah blah... She told me to take the compliment and shut up!
lmao.gif
mama said, mama said hey hey

Medgal07

Originally Posted by Audrey C

Sunday Winter Berries:

Lips: Hang Up, Strictly Plutonic CSG
Cheeks: Plum Foolery
Eyes: A Natural Flirt, Rich Core, Dark Diversion f/l

First wearing of lipstick and blush in January - check
First pairing of Hang Up (perm) and SP (LE) - check

well done on keeping to your 'resolution'! i think i might try to do somewhat same/similar eye looks each day for work, and play with the blushes and lipsticks, since those two items are the ones i've purchased the most of lately! i had been trying not to buy too many lip products recently especially lipglosses, since i have gotten to have so many in my collection, but 2012 was a bad year for that, especially on the lipstick front. there were just too many awesome ones. i think i really need to cool it, and the only shades i'm really missing are brown variations and terracotta. but i'm gonna stay away! This is a conservative estimate but I probably purchased over a dozen [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]lipsticks within the past 2-3 weeks. It's madness, but I so like it! I need to slow down too!![/FONT] Quote: Originally Posted by Prettypackages

i did that for a whole bunch of days before the holidays...i think my colleagues must have thought i had burnt out or something! i tend to look very sleepy without eye makeup, especially mascara, so i try to avoid it for early mornings, but sometimes it's difficult enough rolling out of bed! :)
i wore magenta blush today using the yachiyo....i was quite impressed that i had absolutely zero blending issues using this brush/blush combo. actually here's the youtube tutorial that i based the cheeks on:
http://youtu.be/TcjkndEgnao
she used frankly scarlet i think, but i don't have that, so i went with the magenta instead.

also, i've been using a little sample of studio fix in nc43 that i picked up recently...i usually end up with foundations that i quickly realize are not quite right...this one is perfect - i wish mac would produce it in some of the other formulas!

I've worn eye looks using the All Woman quad 3 days in a row so I need to do something else. I watched the video. I have to say I've never paired a dark/vampy lip with dark eyes but it looked really nice!! The Yachiyo brush is perfect for hyper-pigmented blushes. I have Frankly Scarlet and it's much brighter and redder than the video depicted. Before I got the Yachiyo I used the MAC 188 which is good for the same purpose, however I find that the shape of the Yachiyo gives it an advantage over the 188.
I think I'll try that dark eye, vampy lip/bond girl thingy this weekend!
girlhaha.gif

kimibos

Yesterdays look: Hurry Up SPRING!!!!!!!

eyes: Brilliantly lit all over eyes no base, maybelline clear brow gel and lash curler no mascara.
Face: Weleda Almond Cream, F&B plus blotting powder and Melba Blush
Lips: a littleeee bit of Mac Flamingo and Jack Black Lipbalm in shea butter and vitamin E.

for skin care lately i have been using the clarisonic's acne wash. (i got it for free and exfoliates ok) and the purity from philosophy. the weleda almond oil, and some lumene serum vitamin c i just got. and the weleda almond cream. my bother got the philosophy man set and it has the microexfoliator something. i really want it, but ill wait to finish the clarisonic one and the dr peter thomas orange ones.

Im about to finish one philosophy shower gel in snow angel so yeahhh i finished like 2 body lotions last week and the ddf moisturizer. i think that my main issue right now is dry winter skin. so i have been showering before bed and just putting body lotion at night in a crazy way. my back was really itchy, but not anymore.

** i think we should have the month empties, like keep everything we have finished and just write them at the end. my idea comes in late cause i put some stuff in the trash already but what the hell, ill report back on the
31st.

++medgal 07 can i posts skin care stuff?? like what i do with my body lotions to add moisture??? or my addiction to philosophy shower gels??idk if that is going to help
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Yesterdays look: Hurry Up SPRING!!!!!!!

eyes: Brilliantly lit all over eyes no base, maybelline clear brow gel and lash curler no mascara.
Face: Weleda Almond Cream, F&B plus blotting powder and Melba Blush
Lips: a littleeee bit of Mac Flamingo and Jack Black Lipbalm in shea butter and vitamin E.

for skin care lately i have been using the clarisonic's acne wash. (i got it for free and exfoliates ok) and the purity from philosophy. the weleda almond oil, and some lumene serum vitamin c i just got. and the weleda almond cream. my bother got the philosophy man set and it has the microexfoliator something. i really want it, but ill wait to finish the clarisonic one and the dr peter thomas orange ones.

Im about to finish one philosophy shower gel in snow angel so yeahhh i finished like 2 body lotions last week and the ddf moisturizer. i think that my main issue right now is dry winter skin. so i have been showering before bed and just putting body lotion at night in a crazy way. my back was really itchy, but not anymore.

** i think we should have the month empties, like keep everything we have finished and just write them at the end. my idea comes in late cause i put some stuff in the trash already but what the hell, ill report back on the
31st.

++medgal 07 can i posts skin care stuff?? like what i do with my body lotions to add moisture??? or my addiction to philosophy shower gels??idk if that is going to help
girlhaha.gif
Indeed hurry up spring! I'm not a fan of the cold weather.

I had a sample of that same Philosophy microexfoliating wash and used it with my Clarisonic. I would consider buying the full size but I need to use others that I have open at the moment.

Kimibos this is a fun thread and you/we can add whatever we want. I love the sharing and the ideas---it's ALL GOOD!
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif

Medgal07

I'm posting this look in honor of Prettypackages who is not talking to me! Yep--she's giving me the silent treatment.
weeping.gif

WEDNESDAY EYES:
Quite Natural PP to lids
Chanel Prelude guad, Dark Brown e/s to lids
Swiss Chocolate e/s above crease
Brun e/s in the crease, blended upward
Rice Paper e/s to brows
Blacktrack fluidline topped with Carbon to line upper lids
PLW Eye pencil Rich Experience to waterline NEW
Chanel Prelude guad, Dark Brown e/s to lower lash line

FACE:
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (Applied w/193 Brush) - NEW
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Copper Beach to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Copper Beach (NARS Yochiyo brush)
Poised blush ( (applied with 128 Brush) NEW
Porcelain Pink MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush) NEW
MSF natural (applied with 129 Brush) to finish the look
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
80% lip pencil to line NEW
Warm Companion L/S NEW
Nice & Simple MLB NEW

Nails: MAC's Peachstock

The lowdown: I love Warm Companion on it's own but it looks absolutely stunning with Nice & Simple. Neither of these lip products were on my radar screen and I would not have purchased them without the urging of our very own Prettypackages!!
friends.gif

aradhana

well done on keeping to your 'resolution'! i think i might try to do somewhat same/similar eye looks each day for work, and play with the blushes and lipsticks, since those two items are the ones i've purchased the most of lately! i had been trying not to buy too many lip products recently especially lipglosses, since i have gotten to have so many in my collection, but 2012 was a bad year for that, especially on the lipstick front. there were just too many awesome ones. i think i really need to cool it, and the only shades i'm really missing are brown variations and terracotta. but i'm gonna stay away! This is a conservative estimate but I probably purchased over a dozen [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]lipsticks within the past 2-3 weeks. It's madness, but I so like it! I need to slow down too!![/FONT] i did that for a whole bunch of days before the holidays...i think my colleagues must have thought i had burnt out or something! i tend to look very sleepy without eye makeup, especially mascara, so i try to avoid it for early mornings, but sometimes it's difficult enough rolling out of bed! :)
I've worn eye looks using the All Woman quad 3 days in a row so I need to do something else. I watched the video. I have to say I've never paired a dark/vampy lip with dark eyes but it looked really nice!! The Yachiyo brush is perfect for hyper-pigmented blushes. I have Frankly Scarlet and it's much brighter and redder than the video depicted. Before I got the Yachiyo I used the MAC 188 which is good for the same purpose, however I find that the shape of the Yachiyo gives it an advantage over the 188.
I think I'll try that dark eye, vampy lip/bond girl thingy this weekend!
girlhaha.gif
wow! that's a lot of lipstick! hope you are having a chance to play with your lippies now that mac seems to be relaxing a little with their onslaught! (or so it would appear....i bet they're going to ambush us with more things we can't pass up)
i don't think i'm quite there, but in the past 2-3 months i purchased 12...which for me is a lot, but i can't imagine skipping any of them.
i regularly pair dark eyes and darker lips (not for work and usually not quite as vampy as the video though), but my face tends to look best with dark eye makeup. otherwise there ends up being a conflict between the lips and the eyes, if you know what i mean.
i like watching her videos because she has a similar skintone to me, so there's often useful complexion info...
let us know how your bond girl look goes...actually, i think if i go out this weekend i might try it too ...
girlhaha.gif

MAChostage

I can't believe that MAC is discontinuing 80%! It's in the Goodbyes section of the website.

I'm posting this look in honor of Prettypackages who is not talking to me! Yep--she's giving me the silent treatment.
weeping.gif

WEDNESDAY EYES:
Quite Natural PP to lids
Chanel Prelude guad, Dark Brown e/s to lids
Swiss Chocolate e/s above crease
Brun e/s in the crease, blended upward
Rice Paper e/s to brows
Blacktrack fluidline topped with Carbon to line upper lids
PLW Eye pencil Rich Experience to waterline NEW
Chanel Prelude guad, Dark Brown e/s to lower lash line

FACE:
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (Applied w/193 Brush) - NEW
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Copper Beach to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Copper Beach (NARS Yochiyo brush)
Poised blush ( (applied with 128 Brush) NEW
Porcelain Pink MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush) NEW
MSF natural (applied with 129 Brush) to finish the look
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
80% lip pencil to line NEW
Warm Companion L/S NEW
Nice & Simple MLB NEW

Nails: MAC's Peachstock

The lowdown: I love Warm Companion on it's own but it looks absolutely stunning with Nice & Simple. Neither of these lip products were on my radar screen and I would not have purchased them without the urging of our very own Prettypackages!!
friends.gif

Prettypackages

well done on keeping to your 'resolution'!

i think i might try to do somewhat same/similar eye looks each day for work, and play with the blushes and lipsticks, since those two items are the ones i've purchased the most of lately! i had been trying not to buy too many lip products recently especially lipglosses, since i have gotten to have so many in my collection, but 2012 was a bad year for that, especially on the lipstick front. there were just too many awesome ones. i think i really need to cool it, and the only shades i'm really missing are brown variations and terracotta. but i'm gonna stay away!

Yeah, I look sleepy too without. When I was sick, I wasn't wearing as much, and one of my coworkers said I looked beat... Uh well damn... Someone else said I looked exhausted. Shit I am. LOL

Just to explain, I've been working 10+ hour days since the day after xmas. And every Sat except for two.

I attempted to wear makeup today. I had concealer, face powder. havana on my lid and saddle in the crease. I forgot the lipstick. LOL i wanted to were absolute power.

kimibos

SKIN CARE: so i got 2 bottles of oil from now at drugstore.com one is sweet almond oil and the other jojoba oil. what i do is that i add some of each to all my body lotions and creams.

at night i have been using the Au Lait from scottish fine soaps that i found at tjmaxx and the neutrogena fragance free norwegian formula. from the 2. i like the au lait more. the neutrogena one has a weird smell which is really disappointing. im going to try the curel fragance free once i finish all these.

for the day i also use the au lait but my favorite one is the Jergens Crema. in oatmeal. its perfect. the smell is not strong and the consistency is really thick. i add some oil to it too which makes it a little bit greasy. so i always massage it in and wait. and then i wash my hands. they have it in coconut and aloe vera but i dont know how the scent of those 2 is. so im going to keep buying the oatmeal one only.

i got this huge bottle of Pure&basic at tjmaxx 1000ml for $7.99 in tropical paradise. i used it at night BIG MISTAKE. i was traumatized. too scented. i may give it a try in the day cause the fragrance is not that bad. it smells like orchids to me. but yeah not for this fragrance free chapter of mine.

I have been buying the philosophy shower gels on their holiday sale. and they get pretty well with my skin. it is always soft after i shower, i can shower forever and i dont feel that dry skin feeling that you can get with some soaps or gels. they are expensive at $16 but you can get them at the sale right now at $8 and use a coupon (merry) they come out like at $6.50. i have also seen them at tjmaxx. i dont think i would pay full price so i got lots from the sale for the whole year until the next sale. now we all use them here at home.

any recommendations for fragance free lotions?? i have been eyeing the curel one. but i have to finish 3 au lait, the jergens and the orchid one. before i shop for more.

CartoonChic

Still haven't been wearing any makeup, but I'm determined to do something tomorrow. Loving all of the looks. I did my nails tonight and kept the winter theme in mind. I used Butter London Lillibet's Jubilee (silver metallic lavender) and accented with Deborah Lippmann Today Was A Fairytale (silver chunky glitter). It's so pretty, like sparkly purple ice. I feel like the rest of me is too drab compared to my nails. I need to do something to my face and hair to bring the rest of me up to par with my nails.
pretty.gif
girlhaha.gif

I've also been waiting to snap out of my slump. That hasn't happened, so I'm just going to force myself to do something. I'm tired of feeling like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.

Medgal07

Still haven't been wearing any makeup, but I'm determined to do something tomorrow. Loving all of the looks. I did my nails tonight and kept the winter theme in mind. I used Butter London Lillibet's Jubilee (silver metallic lavender) and accented with Deborah Lippmann Today Was A Fairytale (silver chunky glitter). It's so pretty, like sparkly purple ice. I feel like the rest of me is too drab compared to my nails. I need to do something to my face and hair to bring the rest of me up to par with my nails.
pretty.gif
girlhaha.gif

I've also been waiting to snap out of my slump. That hasn't happened, so I'm just going to force myself to do something. I'm tired of feeling like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.
Ahhhhhhh--that's a terrible way to characterize yourself. Winter is just tough, especially when it's cold & gray out. Let as much light into your space as possible. It really does make a difference. Tomorrow there'll be sun...not a song this time. That really is the weather forecast.
th_cheerup.gif

I have Lilibet's Jubilee but I've not yet used it. You love your purple lippies--or even Hot Chocolate will work w/a silver metallic lavender eye look to complement your pretty nails. I have every confidence you'll grab your boot straps and pull yourself up. Actually CC, you were ill last weekend, and just maybe you're not completely over whatever that was. Don't be so hard on yourself!
bouquet.gif

Medgal07

SKIN CARE: so i got 2 bottles of oil from now at drugstore.com one is sweet almond oil and the other jojoba oil. what i do is that i add some of each to all my body lotions and creams.

at night i have been using the Au Lait from scottish fine soaps that i found at tjmaxx and the neutrogena fragance free norwegian formula. from the 2. i like the au lait more. the neutrogena one has a weird smell which is really disappointing. im going to try the curel fragance free once i finish all these.

for the day i also use the au lait but my favorite one is the Jergens Crema. in oatmeal. its perfect. the smell is not strong and the consistency is really thick. i add some oil to it too which makes it a little bit greasy. so i always massage it in and wait. and then i wash my hands. they have it in coconut and aloe vera but i dont know how the scent of those 2 is. so im going to keep buying the oatmeal one only.

i got this huge bottle of Pure&basic at tjmaxx 1000ml for $7.99 in tropical paradise. i used it at night BIG MISTAKE. i was traumatized. too scented. i may give it a try in the day cause the fragrance is not that bad. it smells like orchids to me. but yeah not for this fragrance free chapter of mine.

I have been buying the philosophy shower gels on their holiday sale. and they get pretty well with my skin. it is always soft after i shower, i can shower forever and i dont feel that dry skin feeling that you can get with some soaps or gels. they are expensive at $16 but you can get them at the sale right now at $8 and use a coupon (merry) they come out like at $6.50. i have also seen them at tjmaxx. i dont think i would pay full price so i got lots from the sale for the whole year until the next sale. now we all use them here at home.

any recommendations for fragance free lotions?? i have been eyeing the curel one. but i have to finish 3 au lait, the jergens and the orchid one. before i shop for more.
kimibos, I love the idea of adding the oils to your lotions & creams for maximum moisture. I think Vaseline might have a fragrance free lotion with vitamins A & E.

Medgal07

AWWWW I'm over here beaming!!! I got a whole look out of it. I am so glad you like them. I'm going to attempt to wear them tomorrow,
Yeah, I look sleepy too without. When I was sick, I wasn't wearing as much, and one of my coworkers said I looked beat... Uh well damn... Someone else said I looked exhausted. Shit I am. LOL

Just to explain, I've been working 10 hour days since the day after xmas.

I attempted to wear makeup today. I had concealer, face powder. havana on my lid and saddle in the crease. I forgot the lipstick. LOL i wanted to were absolute power.
Effort counts too you know
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

Ahhhhhhh--that's a terrible way to characterize yourself. Winter is just tough, especially when it's cold & gray out. Let as much light into your space as possible. It really does make a difference. Tomorrow there'll be sun...not a song this time. That really is the weather forecast.
th_cheerup.gif

I have Lilibet's Jubilee but I've not yet used it. You love your purple lippies--or even Hot Chocolate will work w/a silver metallic lavender eye look to complement your pretty nails. I have every confidence you'll grab your boot straps and pull yourself up. Actually CC, you were ill last weekend, and just maybe you're not completely over whatever that was. Don't be so hard on yourself!
bouquet.gif
You're right on all fronts. I'm still trying to shake the remnants of my cold. My back feels better, but there are still some minor aches. I always let as much light in as I can. I guess my mood has been more grey. It's bright and sunny today and I do feel better.

You must be reading my mind. That's exactly the look I was going to try to do, Hot Chocolate with a sparkly purple eye. You must wear Lilibet's Jubilee ASAP and here's why! I posted more pics in the nail polish thread. I'm not sure if it's spamming to upload the same photos into different threads.

glammy girl

Used Melba yesterday Kimibos, I first applied Gingerly towards the back of my cheeks and then Melba on the apples of my cheeks, I'm officially in love :eyelove: It gives the nicest flush of color, so pretty... Don't have a favorite look of the week, I haven't been doing anything interesting, just using my Sleek Storm and Chaos palettes but hopefully next week I'll have more pretty looks to post, jut picked up some new Inglot shadows, can't wait to use them... Anyone have their gel liners? I got them in 77 and 83 for the first time, any opinions on them? :) Hope everyone is having a great start to the new year so far :)

Latest posts