Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

Hope everyone is having a great start to the new year so far
smiles.gif
th_hello2.gif
glammy girl! Your Gingerly/Melba combo sounds just lovely! I haven't ventured into the Inglot gel liners...too busy buying nail polish like it's facing a ban and we'll never have access to it again. Please don't ask me to explain this madness.
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

I didn't wear makeup again today, but not because I didn't want to. I was hit with the cleaning bug and spent the day cleaning. I was planning to put it on after I was done (or just stopped, rather), but it's late now. I was actually thinking about putting it on before I started cleaning. I'm glad I didn't. It's like a workout session when I get into my cleaning fits. The only thing is that I may have overworked myself too soon. Even if I did, I'm still doing a look tomorrow.

Medgal07

I didn't wear makeup again today, but not because I didn't want to. I was hit with the cleaning bug and spent the day cleaning. I was planning to put it on after I was done (or just stopped, rather), but it's late now. I was actually thinking about putting it on before I started cleaning. I'm glad I didn't. It's like a workout session when I get into my cleaning fits. The only thing is that I may have overworked myself too soon. Even if I did, I'm still doing a look tomorrow.
I hope you didn't ruin your gorgeous mani with this cleaning jag and/or cause a medical setback! Careful now CC.
nonono.gif

aradhana

You're right on all fronts. I'm still trying to shake the remnants of my cold. My back feels better, but there are still some minor aches. I always let as much light in as I can. I guess my mood has been more grey. It's bright and sunny today and I do feel better.
You must be reading my mind. That's exactly the look I was going to try to do, Hot Chocolate with a sparkly purple eye. You must wear Lilibet's Jubilee ASAP and here's why! I posted more pics in the nail polish thread. I'm not sure if it's spamming to upload the same photos into different threads.

is that just one nail polish? your manicure is beautiful, and you have very nice nails/fingers...

aradhana

i just received my 'makeup your mind' book yesterday from amazon! it's been on my wishlist for something like 3 years at least...anyway, it's so cool! i hadn't realized that it had acetate overlays...i'd like to try out one or two of the looks, but many of them are just way too avant-garde for me to attempt. but the book kept me busy reading for two hours last night, and i ended up being late waking up this morning. woops!

anyway, this morning i wore the high society trio on eyes - lavender all over up to brow, green n outer corners and lower lashline, and purple in centre and lower lashline. and i wore launch away on cheeks, vendanges on lips. it was a pretty simple look, but that's probably a good thing since i was so late!

VampyCouture

I also haven't been wearing makeup lately :(

Tomorrow, I have a look in mind though:

Taking the eyes easy...
Mac MES in Silver Birch on Lid
Nars Coconut Grove in crease (lightly, also as a transition color)
Sephora Prism eyeshadow in Pearl as highlight

Mac Brow Fluidline in DDB
Lancome Definicils mascara

Face
Mac Studio Fix Foundation mixed with Revlon Colorstay
Nars Stick Concealer in Armande
Mac MSFN to set (Dark)
Studio Rose (highlight and blush)
Contour with Sleek Contour Kit
Set with UD All Nighter

Lips
I want to wear Hot Chocolate, but that lipstick needs a break. I keep wanting to wear it! So I think I"m going to do:
Tarte Matte Lipsurgence in Envy (one of my favorite shades in the whole world)

What do you think? The eyes may change, but I'll play around with it some more.

Oh yeah, nail polish!

OPI Live and Let Die

I follow the NP thread, and you guys are the biggest enablers. I just ordered from Zoya and A England because of you!

CartoonChic

is that just one nail polish? your manicure is beautiful, and you have very nice nails/fingers...
Thank you! It's two polishes. I applied two coats of Butter London Lillibet's Jubilee on every nail. Then I layered two coats of Deborah Lippmann Today Was A Fairytale on my pinky and index fingers to accent.

Medgal07

I also haven't been wearing makeup lately :(

Tomorrow, I have a look in mind though:

Taking the eyes easy...
Mac MES in Silver Birch on Lid
Nars Coconut Grove in crease (lightly, also as a transition color)
Sephora Prism eyeshadow in Pearl as highlight

Mac Brow Fluidline in DDB
Lancome Definicils mascara

Face
Mac Studio Fix Foundation mixed with Revlon Colorstay
Nars Stick Concealer in Armande
Mac MSFN to set (Dark)
Studio Rose (highlight and blush)
Contour with Sleek Contour Kit
Set with UD All Nighter

Lips
I want to wear Hot Chocolate, but that lipstick needs a break. I keep wanting to wear it! So I think I"m going to do:
Tarte Matte Lipsurgence in Envy (one of my favorite shades in the whole world)

What do you think? The eyes may change, but I'll play around with it some more.

Oh yeah, nail polish!

OPI Live and Let Die

I follow the NP thread, and you guys are the biggest enablers. I just ordered from Zoya and A England because of you!
Your intended look sounds lovely! I didn't get Silver Birch...it seems to be pretty popular. You're struggling to keep from wearing Hot Chocolate the way I'm trying hard not to wear the All Woman eyeshadow quad. I'm trying to extract my inner vamp by wearing dark lipstick. Today I wore MAC's Chestnut lipstick, lip glass & nail polish. I played the eyes somewhat safe with a neutral look using Chanel's Raffinement eyeshadow quad. If I can pull off a dark smokey eye and vampy burgundy lip I will have beaten my inner vamp who wants me to play it safe & soft.
th_dunno.gif

aradhana

I was being as careful as I possibly could with my nails. I'm happy to say there's no damage. Aside from tcatching a cold, I have no idea what I did with my back. I went to sleep fine and woke up with it in pain. Maybe I was dreaming too hard about buying nail polish.

Thank you! It's two polishes. I applied two coats of Butter London Lillibet's Jubilee on every nail. Then I layered two coats of Deborah Lippmann Today Was A Fairytale on my pinky and index fingers to accent.
added these to my wishlist....hmmm i guess february or something!

VampyCouture

Your intended look sounds lovely! I didn't get Silver Birch...it seems to be pretty popular. You're struggling to keep from wearing Hot Chocolate the way I'm trying hard not to wear the All Woman eyeshadow quad. I'm trying to extract my inner vamp by wearing dark lipstick. Today I wore MAC's Chestnut lipstick, lip glass & nail polish. I played the eyes somewhat safe with a neutral look using Chanel's Raffinement eyeshadow quad. If I can pull off a dark smokey eye and vampy burgundy lip I will have beaten my inner vamp who wants me to play it safe & soft.
th_dunno.gif
Lol you definitely have an inner vamp! :)

So I did all of the above, but added a few things: I lined my eyes with UD Perversion, which really brought the eye look together.
I also caved and wore HC!! (I can't get enough of it!!)
heart.gif
and lined my lips with Mac Cork, but only a little, because I really wanted HC to stand out. I also added a little bit of Stratus blush from HC collection with Stereo Rose, because I wanted something deeper. I still need to get BL Toff so I can match it with my lips. Side note: I LOVE that trend. Matching lips and nails are amazing.

Your look is absolutely beautiful! Sounds like a pretty, nude makeup look. The Raffinement quad is getting a lot of attention for having gorgeous neutrals.

glammy girl

:hello:  glammy girl!  Your Gingerly/Melba combo sounds just lovely!  I haven't ventured into the Inglot gel liners...too busy buying nail polish like it's facing a ban and we'll never have access to it again.  Please don't ask me to explain this madness.    :haha:
Lol I've noticed this thread has a lot of nail polish discussion lately :) I'm not really a nail polish person because I've had a disgusting habit of biting my nails which has only just recently stopped :shock: Enjoy all your goodies though, I've been obsessing over Inglot recently, it's so hard to walk in there and not buy the whole store :) Would love to see more nail polish picture posts Medgal :)

CartoonChic

Would love to see more nail polish picture posts Medgal
smiles.gif
A few ladies in the nail polish thread mentioned that wearing polish actually helped them to stop biting their nails. They didn't want to ruin their pretty manicures or didn't like the thought of putting polished nails into their mouths.

CartoonChic

added these to my wishlist....hmmm i guess february or something!
You may want to get Lillibet sooner rather than later. It's a LE color and has already disappeared from Butter London's website, Ulta and Nordstrom. Beauty.com has it, but I don't know if they ship to Canada.

aradhana

You may want to get Lillibet sooner rather than later. It's a LE color and has already disappeared from Butter London's website, Ulta and Nordstrom. Beauty.com has it, but I don't know if they ship to Canada.
Thanks for the tip. It appears to be on the canadian site when I just checked. Can anyone recommend other colours I should get while I'm ordering? I have a few from the alexander mcqueen collection, and I really enjoyed the formula.

Medgal07

Thanks for the tip. It appears to be on the canadian site when I just checked. Can anyone recommend other colours I should get while I'm ordering? I have a few from the alexander mcqueen collection, and I really enjoyed the formula.
aradhana, I've been enjoying Butter London's Toff. I'm obsessed with it lately. I goes really well with MAC's Hot Chocolate lipstick. LOVE IT!

Prettypackages

I will not get addicted to nail polish, I will not get addicted to nail polish.... I will not get addicted to nail polish...

CartoonChic

I will not get addicted to nail polish, I will not get addicted to nail polish.... I will not get addicted to nail polish...
Listen to MACHostage. Stay away from the nail polish thread if you don't want to become addicted. We're all lost causes over there, but we love it.

CartoonChic

I'm very happy to report that I did a look yesterday. I'm not a liar, LOL! It was inspired by my nails, so I was aiming for a sparkly purple look. I need to type it all out.

Latest posts