Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Prettypackages

Wow! That's not good. I remember that you were working some pretty long hours too. I'm glad you'll be taking some time to allow yourself to get better! Heck Prettypackages we need you around here.
bouquet.gif
Thank you! It was a simple cold that turned into a really bad sinus infection,flu like symptoms, sore throat (could barely talk), swollen lymph nodes, couldn't keep food down. Not a big deal if I could have taken the time off when it first happened. I would've bounced back in no time. The doc looked at me Sat and said this is horrible.
I still went into work b/c they have banned days off until March since it is our busy period and gave us mandatory OT. So I was not going to take my days b/c they will trip. Hard. I work with the most unprofessional managers ever. This year it killed me b/c it was busier the week after Txgiving, a Month earlier than they anticipated. We had a lot of training and inadequate staff.
I'm considering going in Today, to clear off my desk, so ppl won't have to wait until Wed. (And my manager tried to imply that I don't pull my own weight).

anyway!!! back on topic.

I went out for a quick minute last nite. (yeah I know I needed to stay home, but I've been under a rock for Months, so it seems. And it wasn't worth it. )

Lips Firm Form--- I think this is a HUGE no no for me. It just isn't me.
EYEs Chanel's Gold IDO with Flicker in the center, with black winged eyeliner
CHEEKS---poised. OMG I love it. Totally brightened up my face.

Medgal07

Sorry about that... Punctuation helps huh? LOL But I'm definitely taking my meds. I don't play with that stuff. I was already feeling better by that Evening. Not 100%, but at least 50% better.
Thank you! It was a simple cold that turned into a really bad sinus infection,flu like symptoms, sore throat (could barely talk), swollen lymph nodes, couldn't keep food down. Not a big deal if I could have taken the time off when it first happened. I would've bounced back in no time. The doc looked at me Sat and said this is horrible.
I still went into work b/c they have banned days off until March since it is our busy period and gave us mandatory OT. So I was not going to take my days b/c they will trip. Hard. I work with the most unprofessional managers ever. This year it killed me b/c it was busier the week after Txgiving, a Month earlier than they anticipated. We had a lot of training and inadequate staff.
I'm considering going in Today, to clear off my desk, so ppl won't have to wait until Wed. (And my manager tried to imply that I don't pull my own weight).

anyway!!! back on topic.

I went out for a quick minute last nite. (yeah I know I needed to stay home, but I've been under a rock for Months, so it seems. And it wasn't worth it. )

Lips Firm Form--- I think this is a HUGE no no for me. It just isn't me.
EYEs Chanel's Gold IDO with Flicker in the center, with black winged eyeliner
CHEEKS---poised. OMG I love it. Totally brightened up my face.
I have yet to try Firm Form primarily because I have so many new & unused products. I hope to get to it soon. Did you find FF too dark? It sounds like you really enjoyed the rest of your look.
pretty.gif

Medgal07

It was too dark for me, and I don't have the right liner to wear with it. I'll try a few more times.
Well, hearing your thoughts on this makes me wonder if I should just try it as a stain? I struggle with wearing really dark lippies, but I love them. I think it takes some getting used to--like a new hair cut/hair style.

aradhana

Well, hearing your thoughts on this makes me wonder if I should just try it as a stain? I struggle with wearing really dark lippies, but I love them. I think it takes some getting used to--like a new hair cut/hair style.
i agree. sometimes it also just requires a change in haircut/style/colour to totally change what makeup you feels wearable. i find with my new glasses it's easier to wear bright lipsticks. it's partly the colour of the frame, but also the shape of the frame.

Medgal07

i agree. sometimes it also just requires a change in haircut/style/colour to totally change what makeup you feels wearable. i find with my new glasses it's easier to wear bright lipsticks. it's partly the colour of the frame, but also the shape of the frame.
What color and shape are your frames? What's your preference in foundation?
th_dunno.gif
I was feeling red today---red lips & nails.....MM colex, CIS and BL's Come to Bed Red.

PixieDancer

Wowza! LOVE this thread ladies!! This may be JUST what I need to pull me out of my makeup rut! Was filming a movie the last 3 weeks and for continuity purposes, had to wear the EXACT same makeup look EVERYDAY!! It was gorgeous, but I got sick of it quick!! Now I need some motivation!
So do you do themes every week as a group? Or do you just post your individual themes? Curious about how this works...

aradhana

My frames are translucent plastic, somewhere between blue and grey, with little black opaque chunks floating within. (Looks a little like leopard spots from a distance.) They're subtly cat-eye shaped. I think the translucent blue-grey and the delicateness of the frame helps balance with bright lipsticks.-- my old frames were heavy dark brown plastic, and though they worked with nudes, other colours looked a little too much or off balance on my face.

Medgal07

Wowza! LOVE this thread ladies!! This may be JUST what I need to pull me out of my makeup rut! Was filming a movie the last 3 weeks and for continuity purposes, had to wear the EXACT same makeup look EVERYDAY!! It was gorgeous, but I got sick of it quick!! Now I need some motivation!
So do you do themes every week as a group? Or do you just post your individual themes? Curious about how this works...
wavey.gif
Hi PixieDancer! So glad you happened by and hope you'll keep coming back! This thread is an off-shoot of a thread that we initiated back in October 2012--Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM). That project included the challenge of wearing pink themed makeup and/or nail polish for the entire month. We had such a good time together that we decided to continue, but with a different theme each month. Embedded in this project is the challenge to maximally use our makeup products. You see, it's no secret that we all love makeup and haul a good bit of it--so much so that we buy and accumulate products that, although we love them, they may go unused because of sheer quantity. So, within the monthly theme we target our newer products. For February we'll focus on colors associated with Valentine's Day--primarily red, but pink is also prominent for V-Day. Instead of reporting what we wear on a daily basis (way too labor intensive) we pick the look that we liked best within a 7-day period. You can however, post as often as you like. I love hearing the looks that others have come up with because I come up short in the makeup creativity department. I hope this was helpful, and I hope you'll participate and have some fun in the process. If you're looking for even more fun, stop over and join us at the nail polish thread where there's no shortage of fun and real heartfelt enabling going on!!!
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif

Medgal07

My frames are translucent plastic, somewhere between blue and grey, with little black opaque chunks floating within. (Looks a little like leopard spots from a distance.) They're subtly cat-eye shaped. I think the translucent blue-grey and the delicateness of the frame helps balance with bright lipsticks.-- my old frames were heavy dark brown plastic, and though they worked with nudes, other colours looked a little too much or off balance on my face.
They sound really cool. I wear glasses for reading and distance so they're more of an after thought when it comes to my makeup. I love the way you honed in on the color issue and made it work. Now the looks that you create and the colors you select are endless & unrestricted!

PixieDancer

wavey.gif
Hi PixieDancer! So glad you happened by and hope you'll keep coming back! This thread is an off-shoot of a thread that we initiated back in October 2012--Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM). That project included the challenge of wearing pink themed makeup and/or nail polish for the entire month. We had such a good time together that we decided to continue, but with a different theme each month. Embedded in this project is the challenge to maximally use our makeup products. You see, it's no secret that we all love makeup and haul a good bit of it--so much so that we buy and accumulate products that, although we love them, they may go unused because of sheer quantity. So, within the monthly theme we target our newer products. For February we'll focus on colors associated with Valentine's Day--primarily red, but pink is also prominent for V-Day. Instead of reporting what we wear on a daily basis (way too labor intensive) we pick the look that we liked best within a 7-day period. You can however, post as often as you like. I love hearing the looks that others have come up with because I come up short in the makeup creativity department. I hope this was helpful, and I hope you'll participate and have some fun in the process. If you're looking for even more fun, stop over and join us at the nail polish thread where there's no shortage of fun and real heartfelt enabling going on!!!
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
Oh how fun! Ok... I'm prepping my little mind for V-Day February-themed makeup as I type! So I'm guessing the trick is to incorporate our new products with old favorites?! I'm all over this honey!!! Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Medgal07

Oh how fun! Ok... I'm prepping my little mind for V-Day February-themed makeup as I type! So I'm guessing the trick is to incorporate our new products with old favorites?! I'm all over this honey!!! Thanks for the warm welcome!!
grouphug2.gif
That was quick! I just came back to edit my post to include the link to the NP thread, to make it easy for you, so here goes:

http://www.specktra.net/t/181507/nail-polish-discussion-any-brand-mac-opi-china-glaze-essie-illamasqua-butter-london-orly-etc/2100#post_2330257

PixieDancer

Since I had this look on EVERY day for 3 weeks.... I figured I could contribute this to start...
I'll call it the "I'm Tired of This Gorgeous Look" Look! HeeHee

FACE:
PLW Bronzer Sun Dipped
Harmony blush as Contour
Alpine Bronze Blush NEW
Whisper of Guilt Highlight NEW-ish

EYES:
Painterly PP base
Nylon browbone highight
Orb wash in crease
Texture to warm up crease and under eye
Brun to darken outer crease and v
Ice inner 1/3 and corner highlight, also under eye inner 1/2 NEW
Winter Pursuit outer 3/4 lid NEW (blended out in outer v w/ Brun)
Carbon to intensify outer v and under eye

LIPS:
Beet Liner
Apres Chic lipstick NEW
Middle of top & bottom lip accented w/ Ruffian Gold

Prettypackages

Speaking of glasses, I finally found a pair I LOVE. I'm only telling you b/c I asked what frames you had. ;-D . I might even post a pic of them/me in here. Give me some time, y'all know I procrastinate. LOL

Prettypackages

Welcome! You're an actress? Why did I think you were in the health industry?

Prettypackages

They sound really cool. I wear glasses for reading and distance so they're more of an after thought when it comes to my makeup. I love the way you honed in on the color issue and made it work. Now the looks that you create and the colors you select are endless & unrestricted!
Her frames are great! (if they are the same pair I was drooling over)

Thanks for posting the nail polish thread. I was just about to ask for it.

The meaningful beauty infomercial is on. Has anyone tried this?

VampyCouture

I started on the pink and red February theme early!

Last night:

Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo Pomegranate Punk
Mac Pink Bronze (DC)
Sonia Kashuk Brown Crease eyeshadow
ELF Baked eyeshadow in Pixi as brow highlight
Mac Raven Eye Kohl bottom lash
Mac Dark Diversion Upper lash line
Mally Volumizing Mascara

Face
Mac Studio Fix Fluid
Mac MSFN Powder
Mac Passionately Tempted blush
Sleek Contour Kit Medium
Benefit Moon Beam (highlight)

Lips
Mac Brick Lip Pencil
Bobbi Brown Lipstick in Old Hollywood (Bright, classic red)

Nails: Didn't get a chance to change them to red or pink :( still rocking my steel grey manicure

Medgal07

Since I had this look on EVERY day for 3 weeks.... I figured I could contribute this to start...
I'll call it the "I'm Tired of This Gorgeous Look" Look! HeeHee

FACE:
PLW Bronzer Sun Dipped
Harmony blush as Contour
Alpine Bronze Blush NEW
Whisper of Guilt Highlight NEW-ish

EYES:
Painterly PP base
Nylon browbone highight
Orb wash in crease
Texture to warm up crease and under eye
Brun to darken outer crease and v
Ice inner 1/3 and corner highlight, also under eye inner 1/2 NEW
Winter Pursuit outer 3/4 lid NEW (blended out in outer v w/ Brun)
Carbon to intensify outer v and under eye

LIPS:
Beet Liner
Apres Chic lipstick NEW
Middle of top & bottom lip accented w/ Ruffian Gold
pretty.gif
The look sounds amazing! I especially like the way you incorporated several NEW products and your overall product choices. GREAT!!!

Medgal07

The meaningful beauty infomercial is on. Has anyone tried this?
So, will you take the plunge and get those awesome frames?
pretty.gif

I hope you'll join us in the NP thread--total fun, no drama & a whole bunch of enabling.
fluffy.gif
Come on over
grouphug2.gif

I'm not familiar w/'meaningful beauty' and I can't sit through an infomercial, so you'll just have to tell me all about it!
girlhaha.gif