Theme Makeup with a Purpose

aradhana

Do you use Beautymarked in the outer V to deepen the crease? I am trying to get ideas - I love Beautymarkked but don't wear it nearly enough.
yes, i've been doing the same look repeatedly - shale on upper lid (sometimes on lower too), trax just above crease, then i line with smolder or feline (thickly on upper lashline, fattening toward outer corner, and thinly on lower waterline/lashline)...and finally beautymarked to 'set' the liner (top n bottom) and sometimes blended into the outer V.

i just got beautymarked, so haven't done much else with it!!

MissTT

Try not to be jealous, but I was able to hang with our very own Prettypackages on Monday. We were like old friends getting along naturally. I
heart.gif
her! She was sweetly complimenting my eye look so I thought I'd share it. The lipstick was bright so it fits. We also made a very late phone call to CartoonChic in the middle of Rihanna-gate 2013. It was so sweet to speak to her for the first time and get live reporting of the drama. Sorry for calling you at 1am or whatever time it was, CC. LOL

FACE
By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Primer
CoverGirl Queen All Day Flawless Foundation in Amber Glow Q805 (PP liked this, too)
Bobbi Brown Dark Peach Corrector under eyes
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Biscuit
Ben Nye Banana Powder to set concealer
NARS Light Reflecting Powder – all over
Shape the Future EDSF – used as blush and highlight (PP correct me if I was not wearing this LOL)

EYES
Groundwork p/p –beige – whole eye
Romantico – frosted taupe bronze – inner corner 1/3
Bare My Soul – frosty gold – middle 1/3
Friendly – bronzy chocolate – outer corner 1/3
Najm el Lail – matte blackened brown – crease
Soft Brown – light med brown – transition above crease color
When in Rio – green w/ copper pearl – smudged bottom lashes
Urban Decay Perversion liner – black
Armani Eyes to Kill mascara - black
Spiked Brow pencil

LIPS
Prep + Prime Lip
Ablaze liner & lipstick

And I wore...

*Sorry I suck at Polyvore. Just giving an idea of items.

aradhana

Try not to be jealous, but I was able to hang with our very own Prettypackages on Monday. We were like old friends getting along naturally. I
heart.gif
her! She was sweetly complimenting my eye look so I thought I'd share it. The lipstick was bright so it fits. We also made a very late phone call to CartoonChic in the middle of Rihanna-gate 2013. It was so sweet to speak to her for the first time and get live reporting of the drama. Sorry for calling you at 1am or whatever time it was, CC. LOL

FACE
CoverGirl Queen All Day Flawless Foundation in Amber Glow Q805 (PP liked this, too)
Shape the Future EDSF – used as blush and highlight (PP correct me if I was not wearing this LOL)

EYES
Spiked Brow pencil

LIPS
Prep + Prime Lip
Ablaze liner & lipstick

And I wore...

your outfit and makeup sound fab!

i do envy you guy hanging out with PP and chatting with CC...!!! (CC, PP, TT...i digress) :)

Medgal07

That's so awesome MissTT & Prettypackages. I noticed you two were missing from the frenzy in the RiRi thread. Better that you were off on a
shopping spree and not embroiled in that mess! Do you ladies get to order anything??? CC is a night owl, like me---do some of the best hauling in the
wee hours!

MissTT your entire makeup look sounds AMAZING! I love the outfit too. Really very nice!!!
heart.gif

FACE

EYES
Spiked Brow pencil

LIPS
Prep + Prime Lip
Ablaze liner & lipstick

And I wore...

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Sagehen,
wavey.gif
Aradhana. I love Beauty Marked too, and use it quite a bit in the winter over a burgundy cream shadow for a smokey burgundy look. Aradhana that eye look you're wearing sounds nice and I should be giving it a try!!!

yes, i've been doing the same look repeatedly - shale on upper lid (sometimes on lower too), trax just above crease, then i line with smolder or feline (thickly on upper lashline, fattening toward outer corner, and thinly on lower waterline/lashline)...and finally beautymarked to 'set' the liner (top n bottom) and sometimes blended into the outer V.

i just got beautymarked, so haven't done much else with it!!

aradhana

wavey.gif
Sagehen,
wavey.gif
Aradhana. I love Beauty Marked too, and use it quite a bit in the winter over a burgundy cream shadow for a smokey burgundy look. Aradhana that eye look you're wearing sounds nice and I should be giving it a try!!!
sounds nice!
that reminds me of an eye look i use to do with a burgundy mufe star powder over a crimson mufe shadow/blush...gotta crack that stuff back into the mix again...but i guess i will wait till fall!

Prettypackages

Hey ladies, I absolutely enjoyed my time with MissTT. When I dropped her off, I was like, wait I want a do over. It's not like I can call her next week to meet up I'm glad I got to meet her. I would love to meet and hang out with you guys. Aradhana, I've never been to Canada as an adult.
You all KNOW she MADE me buy makeup right. ~side eye~
She is gorgeous, and the outfit she had on was very cute. Now the makeup look was lovely. I kept staring at it. That quad does nothing for me, but on her it had such a pretty sheen. On me it barely shows up. Same with BMS or is the other TR. . She also looks good in Ablaze, don't let her tell you differently.
Now my makeup and outfit? hot mess. I went out the night before and didn't have all of my essentials with me. LOL
It was sooo much fun calling CC. It felt like we were all old friends. It was funny b/c after dinner, I was like, you know we should have been stalking the collex, I bet it's out. Sure enough! LOL

I'm so far behind on the threads. I now need a guided tour. I'm afraid to step in the nail polish thread. I had one of the busiest 8-9 days in awhile. So if I wore makeup, I don't remember what. I almost missed TT b/c the Friday before I went to work, a play, and a bday party (but went out Thursday). That Saturday I went car shopping and then to a Festival in the park and my boy talked my ear off until the wee hours in the morning. . Went out Sunday, dinner Monday, out Tuesday, out Thursday, and this past Friday I finally got my car. WOHOOO! I'm so excited about how my time is going to free up. No more 1.5 hour commute one way. I don't regret the busyness, it's Summer! LOL Plus after the last 6 months I need it.

Anyhoo, I'm rambling, but meeting MissTT was a pleasure. It was very relaxed, and the conversation just flowed. We must do it again!!

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Hi Prettypackages! I've missed you. You are one busy lady
thud.gif
Glad you and MissTT met up, had fun and stayed out of trouble
girlhaha.gif

Hey ladies, I absolutely enjoyed my time with MissTT. When I dropped her off, I was like, wait I want a do over. It's not like I can call her next week to meet up I'm glad I got to meet her. I would love to meet and hang out with you guys. Aradhana, I've never been to Canada as an adult.
You all KNOW she MADE me buy makeup right. ~side eye~
She is gorgeous, and the outfit she had on was very cute. Now the makeup look was lovely. I kept staring at it. That quad does nothing for me, but on her it had such a pretty sheen. On me it barely shows up. Same with BMS or is the other TR. . She also looks good in Ablaze, don't let her tell you differently.
Now my makeup and outfit? hot mess. I went out the night before and didn't have all of my essentials with me. LOL
It was sooo much fun calling CC. It felt like we were all old friends. It was funny b/c after dinner, I was like, you know we should have been stalking the collex, I bet it's out. Sure enough! LOL

I'm so far behind on the threads. I now need a guided tour. I'm afraid to step in the nail polish thread. I had one of the busiest 8-9 days in awhile. So if I wore makeup, I don't remember what. I almost missed TT b/c the Friday before I went to work, a play, and a bday party (but went out Thursday). That Saturday I went car shopping and then to a Festival in the park and my boy talked my ear off until the wee hours in the morning. . Went out Sunday, dinner Monday, out Tuesday, out Thursday, and this past Friday I finally got my car. WOHOOO! I'm so excited about how my time is going to free up. No more 1.5 hour commute one way. I don't regret the busyness, it's Summer! LOL Plus after the last 6 months I need it.

Anyhoo, I'm rambling, but meeting MissTT was a pleasure. It was very relaxed, and the conversation just flowed. We must do it again!!

Medgal07

Hello Everyone---Looks like we're winding down and June is coming to an end. I can hardly believe that Monday will be July 1st. I have been rocking really bright lips---mostly red, orange & coral.

What are your thoughts for a theme for July?

How do you all deal with the heat and your makeup? When I wear foundation in the summer it's generally MAC Face & Body or Chanel Perfection Lumière.

VampyCouture

That's so awesome MissTT & Prettypackages. I noticed you two were missing from the frenzy in the RiRi thread. Better that you were off on a
shopping spree and not embroiled in that mess! Do you ladies get to order anything??? CC is a night owl, like me---do some of the best hauling in the
wee hours!
I do too! They say your inhibitions are lower that's why there are so many infomercials lol

I haven't been in this thread in a while (my apologies!), but I haven't done a look that particularly sparked any interest. I will say that I am loving Beet l/l, Heroine l/l & Maybelline's Vivid lipstick in Brazen Berry for my lips ATM. I've also been into doing a lot of looks with gold like Mac's Rose Gold, Golden Gaze & Urban Decay Baked & Half Baked

VampyCouture

Hello Everyone---Looks like we're winding down and June is coming to an end. I can hardly believe that Monday will be July 1st. I have been rocking really bright lips---mostly red, orange & coral.

What are your thoughts for a theme for July?

How do you all deal with the heat and your makeup? When I wear foundation in the summer it's generally MAC Face & Body or Chanel Perfection Lumière.
For foundation I have been reaching for Revlon Colorstay Whipped, Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and my Smashbox BB Cream. Some really lazy days, I'll just do my Nars concealer and put a powder on top (most likely MSFN). I also set my face with a finishing spray.

Hmmm....July should be glowing skin and bold lips or something that has to do with the hot weather since I'm sure we are all sweating wherever we are lol

MissTT

It gets so humid here in July. Blargh! Tips to keep makeup from melting would be great. I'd also like to know how you ladies transport your lipsticks in the summer. This is my first summer wearing lipstick and I'm afraid if I'm spending the day outside my lipstick is gonna melt in my purse. Is this a valid fear?

My CoverGirl Queen All Day Flawless foundation has been holding up well in the heat. I want to try Colorstay Whipped next, but my research shows me that I am the shade Toast which apparently is not sold in stores. It's on Amazon and that's about it.

I did some brights this month, but I never did try a bronzer. I'll ask my daughter about one this weekend. I have NARS Laguna, but the NARS SA said that wouldn't be dark enough for me.
th_dunno.gif
Can ya'll give tips again on how/where to bronze?

sagehen

For foundation I have been reaching for Revlon Colorstay Whipped, Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and my Smashbox BB Cream. Some really lazy days, I'll just do my Nars concealer and put a powder on top (most likely MSFN). I also set my face with a finishing spray.
Hmmm....July should be glowing skin and bold lips or something that has to do with the hot weather since I'm sure we are all sweating wherever we are lol
I think this is a good idea - I was thinking flawless skin with a pop of color.

Medgal07

It sounds like you want a 'Temperature Rising' theme in deference to the weather that we're currently experiencing and what's to come, as the summer progresses.
I love the idea of glowing skin and bright lips!! My skin seems to take a hit in the warmer months---more frequent skin eruptions, so I try to keep my skin as clean as
possible. I dislike heavy products but I must wear something, so I aim for products with adequate SPF, usually 30 - 50. I've not incurred an issue with my lipstick
and warm weather probably because I'm not outdoors for extended period where I would need to reapply it. I'm usually in the car and then into a store or restaurant.
I will be in a situation soon where this will be a concern, and I'm thinking I may forego lipstick and use lipgloss instead. I do keep Fix + in the refrigerator in the
summer and spritz my face before running out the door. I would love to know some of things that you all do to maintain your makeup in the heat.
I think this is a good idea - I was thinking flawless skin with a pop of color.
Love the idea.

PixieDancer

It sounds like you want a 'Temperature Rising' theme in deference to the weather that we're currently experiencing and what's to come, as the summer progresses.
I love the idea of glowing skin and bright lips!! My skin seems to take a hit in the warmer months---more frequent skin eruptions, so I try to keep my skin as clean as
possible. I dislike heavy products but I must wear something, so I aim for products with adequate SPF, usually 30 - 50. I've not incurred an issue with my lipstick
and warm weather probably because I'm not outdoors for extended period where I would need to reapply it. I'm usually in the car and then into a store or restaurant.
I will be in a situation soon where this will be a concern, and I'm thinking I may forego lipstick and use lipgloss instead. I do keep Fix + in the refrigerator in the
summer and spritz my face before running out the door. I would love to know some of things that you all do to maintain your makeup in the heat.

I like MAC Face & Body and Chanel Perfection Lumière foundations because they are both super light. I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation. Also, thanks to
Erine, I've been using my cream blushes under my foundation. Talk about a flawless look. I am loving this approach so much. It really does look like the blush is
coming from within and not like something that you slapped on your face after your foundation. I'm hooked on this approach!!!
I use bronzer when I'm going for a minimalist look. I love it actually, and I apply to my cheeks, on an angle, my jawline and my hairline
Love the idea.
I'm loving our newly discovered (*side eye to elegant*) Smashbox CC Cream in this heat! It holds up wonderfully! And the added SPF is a HUGE bonus!

As for putting the Cream Blush under your foundation... how are you applying these steps? I'm afraid using a foundation brush to apply my foundation over top of the cream blush would move the cream blush around on my face? Any application tips to share? Thanks doll... I really wanna try this! I actually saw a MUA apply powder bronzer before foundation once too. Have always been curious to try it.

MissTT

Pixie I have the same fear. How do you avoid moving the blush product in areas where it isn't wanted?

Sadly PP and I did not take a pic despite us both being gorgeous.
winkiss.gif
I plan to make an attempt to see her again this year when we have more time to hang out. Doing it on a school night was brutal.