Theme Makeup with a Purpose

TXBeautyBaby

Today I wore a pastel on my eyes to close out the month. Testing out my new Tom Ford cream eye shadow I went for a very simple look.

EYES
MUFE HD Primer (trying to use it up so occasionally put on/under eyes)
Tom Ford Beauty Cream Color for Eyes – Escapade – pearlized peach
Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner – black – winged
Rimmel Soft Kohl eyeliner - black
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara
Spiked Brow pencil

FACE
By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Primer
NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer – Cuba
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Biscuit
Ben Nye Banana Powder to set concealer
Blot Powder – Dark in t-zone
Small Vanity blush – dusty rose tan

LIPS
Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm
NYX Hot Red lip pencil
Scarlet Ibis l/s

OUTFIT
Pindot Chambray Shirt & Ackee Pencil Skirt – Anthropologie
Sofft Ramona II pumps
Target Merona skinny belt (was late and totally forgot a necklace/accessories)
I always love your outfit choices! I want to invade your closet!

Medgal07

i know yes, yesterday i was really feeling mortified but trying to downplay....i washed my hair out this morning and tried restyling it...it's going to take A LOT of bobby pins and hairspray to make it look decent...i don't know what i'm going to do when i go to the gym...ugh....
gonna go hide in a box....
How about wearing a bandana? You could get an assortment of pretty colors, play up your eye makeup and wear large hoop earrings. At the gym you
can lose the earrings but a bandana wouldn't look so out of place at the gym?
th_dunno.gif

Medgal07

I hope you all are having more fun with brights than with pastels. I think there are more options with brights.

EYES: BMS Quad form Temperature Rising Collection Eclair paint pot (Light chocolate w/gold pearl) to lids & lower [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]lash line [/FONT]
Friendly e/s (Deep Bronze Chocolate) to lids
Romantico e/s (Light Taupe Bronze) above crease
When in Rio e/s (Deep Green w/Copper Pearl) to crease & outer Vee. Then blend like crazy!!
Bare My Soul e/s (Frosted Gold ) to highlight brow & inner corners
Blacktrack gel liner to upper lash-line
Undercurrent eye pencil (teal w/pearl) to water-line

FACE:
Smashbox CC Cream
MAC Face & Body mixed with Gold Rush luster drops
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana
Refined Golden Bronzer cheeks, forehead & jawline
Shadowy (Deep brown matte) Pro Sculpting powder to contour
Ripe For Love blush (Mid-tone Peach)
Estèe Lauder Heat Wave Highlighter to high-points (# 184 Duo Fiber Fan Brush)
NARS Light Reflecting Loose setting powder to finish the look
Fix + to set

LIPS:
Abalze lip pencil to line & fill
Ablaze lipstick

NAILS: MAC's Ablaze Nail Polish

Medgal07

Medgal, you nailed it.

You totally put my neutral eye and matte red lip to shame lol
girlhaha.gif
You know Sage, I was just thinking about wearing red lipstick, & that's the way to do it....w/a neutral eye. I think I like a bronze eye look w/a red
lip too. There aren't enough days in the week to try all these looks and use up our makeup. So much fun!!! I'm thinking about a hot pink look
too. Oh and orange too. I'm dying to try Tangerine Dream, but my order won't arrive until Friday.

Prettypackages

I hope you all are having more fun with brights than with pastels. I think there are more options with brights.

EYES: BMS Quad form Temperature Rising Collection Eclair paint pot (Light chocolate w/gold pearl) to lids & lower [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]lash line [/FONT]
Friendly e/s (Deep Bronze Chocolate) to lids
Romantico e/s (Light Taupe Bronze) above crease
When in Rio e/s (Deep Green w/Copper Pearl) to crease & outer Vee. Then blend like crazy!!
Bare My Soul e/s (Frosted Gold ) to highlight brow & inner corners
Blacktrack gel liner to upper lash-line
Undercurrent eye pencil (teal w/pearl) to water-line

FACE:
Smashbox CC Cream
MAC Face & Body mixed with Gold Rush luster drops
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana
Refined Golden Bronzer cheeks, forehead & jawline
Shadowy (Deep brown matte) Pro Sculpting powder to contour
Ripe For Love blush (Mid-tone Peach)
Estèe Lauder Heat Wave Highlighter to high-points (# 184 Duo Fiber Fan Brush)
NARS Light Reflecting Loose setting powder to finish the look
Fix + to set

LIPS:
Abalze lip pencil to line & fill
Ablaze lipstick

NAILS: MAC's Ablaze Nail Polish
Oh this sounds hot, might have to try it.

MissTT

Love it Medgal! I'm going to steal your eye look. I wore BMS today as well. I took a picture this morning, but my face looked ashy due to the NARS powder. It can give me flashback.

PP the theme is bronze and brights

PixieDancer

Been missing my girls!!! WAYYYYY busy these days! BUT, my AAO haul had me collaborating a FOTD for the theme here! Excuse the pic... I had to literally FORCE makeup on my face today, as I am sooooo sick with the WORST cold/sinus crap the last few days... picked up from all my traveling I guess.

FACE:
Benefit POREfessional Primer
tarte smooth operator illuminating serum
MAC Face & Body Foundation C4
Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer - undereyes
Prep & Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose - undereyes
benefit's Powderflage - to set undereye creams
MAC Magically Cool Powder in Truth & Light - Setting Powder for Face
Cheek Blush - Flower Fantasy Vera Pearlmatte

EYES:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot - eye primer
Urban Decay Ruthless Deluxe Shadow (champagne taupe/beige w hint of gold shimmer) - lid & lower lashline
MAC Mega Metal Shadow in Centre Stage (rich, chocolate brown) - outer v & lightly swept into crease
MAC Pro Longwear Shadow in Carefree (pale, creamy white gold) - inner tearduct, brow highlight, lower lashline
LOTS of Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Black Mascara

BROWS:
tarte Brow Mousse in Medium Brown

LIPS:
MAC Sushi Kiss lipstick

aradhana

Been missing my girls!!! WAYYYYY busy these days! BUT, my AAO haul had me collaborating a FOTD for the theme here! Excuse the pic... I had to literally FORCE makeup on my face today, as I am sooooo sick with the WORST cold/sinus crap the last few days... picked up from all my traveling I guess.

FACE:

EYES:
Urban Decay Ruthless Deluxe Shadow (champagne taupe/beige w hint of gold shimmer) - lid & lower lashline
MAC Mega Metal Shadow in Centre Stage (rich, chocolate brown) - outer v & lightly swept into crease
MAC Pro Longwear Shadow in Carefree (pale, creamy white gold) - inner tearduct, brow highlight, lower lashline

BROWS:

LIPS:
MAC Sushi Kiss lipstick
dancer - that lipstick is PERFECT for you!

PixieDancer

thanks for asking PP - i wasn't 100% sure either ;)
luckily i've been working in that bronzey pencil from TR...but now it's blunt, and i still haven't picked up a large size sharpener...
dancer - that lipstick is PERFECT for you!
Thanks girlie!!! I was on the fence about SK but I REALLY like it a lot! It's perfect for Summer!!

PS PLEASE let me know what sharpener you find that works for those darn TR pencils!!

VampyCouture

I agree w/ everyone! MissTT, you have very good style! Taking a peak in your closet is probably like winning the golden ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory! lol

FACE:

EYES:

BROWS:

LIPS:
MAC Sushi Kiss lipstick

Pixie Dancer, I can''t even tell you're sick! Your skin has a soft glow and sushi kiss looks amazing on you. Definitely brightens up your face. Also, I am really loving that blush on you. Perfect knockout combo!

VampyCouture

I haven't posted a look in a while, but my friend was celebrating her birthday this week and I decided to go all out. I loved the whole look, btw.

FACE
Fusion Beauty Brightening Primer (used to be at Sephora)
Revlon Color Stay Whipped in Caramel (love this for the summer months)
Mac MSFN in Dark to set
Sleek Dark Contour Kit mixed with Stila Shade 1 Bronzer to contour
Mac Double Definition (patina bronze) (only dark side) as highlight and blush
Finished off with Nars Light Perfecting Powder (loose)

EYES
Mac Rose Gold Pigment (rustic gold) on lid
Nars Galapagos (warm brown w/ gold shimmer) eyeshadow in crease and a little bit in outer corner
Make up Forever Aqua Gel Liner in Black to line upper and lower lash line
Mally Volumizing Mascara
Milani retractable brow pencil
Urban Decay Secret Service (very cool brown) to set pencil

Lips
Mac Ruby Woo (retro pin up, bright red)
OCC Lip Tar in Strumpet (retro, plum red) over it

Nails
(I wanted my nails and lips to match)
Sally Hansen nail polish in Cherry Red
OCC Strumpet over it

Sprayed with Mario Badescu facial spray

PixieDancer

I haven't posted a look in a while, but my friend was celebrating her birthday this week and I decided to go all out. I loved the whole look, btw.

FACE
Mac MSFN in Dark to set

EYES
Nars Galapagos (warm brown w/ gold shimmer) eyeshadow in crease and a little bit in outer corner
Mally Volumizing Mascara

Lips

Nails
OCC Strumpet over it

OH I loveeee Strumpet! This look sounds beautiful! Always bums me out that I never remember to use my darn piggies more often! Thanks for the inspiration!

Medgal07

I agree w/ everyone! MissTT, you have very good style! Taking a peak in your closet is probably like winning the golden ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory! lol

Medgal, that look is hot! I love what you did with the Quad and it's funny how perfect Eclair works with the quad. How are you liking Ablaze? I hope it did more justice to you than it did to me. But then again, you are a beauty, so I'm sure it did! I love Ablaze! What was your experience with it?

Pixie Dancer, I can''t even tell you're sick! Your skin has a soft glow and sushi kiss looks amazing on you. Definitely brightens up your face. Also, I am really loving that blush on you. Perfect knockout combo!

Medgal07

FACE
Mac MSFN in Dark to set

EYES
Mally Volumizing Mascara

Lips

Nails
OCC Strumpet over it

Vampy, you totally have me wanting to wear red lipstick !! I love Galapagos! It must look amazing with Rose Gold pigment!!! Love how you paired that!
I recently wore Galapagos with Aurora (pinked taupe) pigment.

CartoonChic

I can't keep up with this thread anymore. 500+ posts behind... Anyway, here's my birthday Chanel makeover look as promised. I was given a face chart of my makeover and will list the products used.

FACE

• Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base
  • 94 Ambre Perfection Lumiere Foundation
  • Concealer (not listed on chart)
  • Powder (not listed on chart)
  • 71 Malice Joues Contraste Blush

EYES

• 40 Brun Cendre Crayon Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil
  • 47 Blue Bay Stylo Eyeshadow
  • 17 Cool Gold Stylo Eyeshadow
  • 88 Noir Intense Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner
  • Black mascara (not listed on chart)

LIPS

• 78 Interlude Rouge Coco Shine
  • 82 Friandise Aqualumiere Gloss

This was part of a Saks event, so they had a special Chanel makeup artist on hand. A Saks MUA did all of my makeup before the Chanel artist came over. She did everything except my eyes. She applied foundation which I still haven't gotten around to doing myself yet. I like how foundation evens out my complexion, but I'm not used to wearing it. It kept rubbing off on stuff and looked like it started to cake up in the creases of my mouth and chin whenever I smiled. She also did this beautiful coral lip with #97 Incandescente Rouge Allure Intense lipstick and #427 Envolee Glossimer. Then when the Chanel artist came over to decide what to do with my eyes, she wiped away the lipstick. I was crushed, but it wouldn't work with the eye look the Chanel artist did.

The Chanel artist tightlined my eyes. He applied a little bit of eyeliner at a time and took breaks in between. I was thankful. I love the result. It really makes my eyes stand out, but I don't think it's something I can do myself. It felt so weird! He applied the blue shadow stick all over the lid and the gold one only in the center. I think he used his fingers. He applied black mascara after tightlining. He did it all so quick. I think you can see the eye look better in the 2nd pic. He also said it was the same eye look that Chanel did for the fashion show in Singapore last week.

Next he used his fingers to apply Malice blush to my cheeks and faded it out with a brush. Then he used a lip brush to apply #78 Interlude Rouge Coco Shine for my lipstick, and topped it with #82 Friandise Aqualumiere Gloss. I left the store with my first Chanel gloss. I bought Friandise, but forgot to purchase Envolee. I'm ordering it today. I also left the store with Lime Light mascara; the Saks exclusive Delicatesse eyeshadow quad; and Cinema, Starlet, and Paparazzi polishes.

I'm also proud that I shaped my eyebrows myself for the first time. I did it right before leaving for the event. I didn't want to go to the event with bushy brows. I usually go get them threaded, but I'm lazy and inconsistent with my appointments. I was tired of walking around with unkempt brows and got fed up with having to rely on someone else to do them. I bought a Tweezerman set with tweezers and a mirror during a Gilt.com sale. Decided to open the box to give it a shot. I was very pleased with my first attempt. It wasn't at all as difficult as I thought it would be. I removed a few hairs at a time going back and forth between both brows to make sure they were even. Even the Chanel artist commented to the Saks MUA that my brows looked really good and that she knows how particular he is about eyebrows. He didn't know I shaped them myself.
blush-anim-cl.gif

I went in the middle of the day, so the store wasn't very crowded. But then a handful of people started to gather around while I was getting my makeup done. The attention was flattering, but awkward at the same time. Having all of those people stare at me like that was making me nervous. I had my glasses off, so luckily everyone looked like fuzzy blobs! It was still a lot of fun and I'm happy I went.