Theme Makeup with a Purpose

aradhana

LOL, I meant Shape the Future. Talk about making up ish. LOL I want to try the Shu uemura mascara... Nordies also has some great shoes on sale right now... SMH... just can't do it right now.
Bamboom (sorry I spelled it wrong) is a paint by Mac. They were popular before paint pots took over. I have always LOVED them more... but caught up in the paint pot wave. http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/mac-unsung-heroes-bamboom-paint/

I had to double check what I have and it is the dark peach brightening corrector in the wand. When I used the corrector it was dark peach as well. If you use peach and like it let me know.
tan-ray is also good if you can't find bamboom....but it might have also been LE. those things last FORever. i've had mine since whenever that sushi collection came out...2005? and i use it pretty regularly....

VampyCouture

My allergies are under control now and I was out and about celebrating memorial day all weekend. I did simple eye looks, but wore Riri Woo ALL weekend with and without cherry l/l. I seriously love it! Contemplating a backup, but I know that if I do, Ruby Woo will get no love :(

MissTT

I bet you looked hot-to-trot Vampy. It rained here all weekend so I hardly wore any makeup. Just stayed shut up in the house. But I did look at my RiRi Woo. Does that count? LOL I extended the lipstick all the way up and just kind of stared at it lovingly. The kids thought I was weird.

I think the NARS Tinted Moisturizer is breaking me out. Why do tinted moisturizers cause pimples on me? I'm so disappointed. I think it has something to do with silicones. I didn't wear a primer under it always b/c I don't think I should have to. It's a moisturizer that has tint. Why should I have to treat it like foundation and add extra products? I thought it was supposed to be a product to make my routine easier. Anyway, if I don't use primer it doesn't last as long and oxidizes. I'm wearing it again today w/ a primer. Hoping for the best.

Tan-Ray sounds beautiful, but I haven't really found a swatch of it yet. I'll have to check to see if it's still available, but I suspect it's not.

VampyCouture

I bet you looked hot-to-trot Vampy. It rained here all weekend so I hardly wore any makeup. Just stayed shut up in the house. But I did look at my RiRi Woo. Does that count? LOL I extended the lipstick all the way up and just kind of stared at it lovingly. The kids thought I was weird.

I think the NARS Tinted Moisturizer is breaking me out. Why do tinted moisturizers cause pimples on me? I'm so disappointed. I think it has something to do with silicones. I didn't wear a primer under it always b/c I don't think I should have to. It's a moisturizer that has tint. Why should I have to treat it like foundation and add extra products? I thought it was supposed to be a product to make my routine easier. Anyway, if I don't use primer it doesn't last as long and oxidizes. I'm wearing it again today w/ a primer. Hoping for the best.

Tan-Ray sounds beautiful, but I haven't really found a swatch of it yet. I'll have to check to see if it's still available, but I suspect it's not.
Thanks MissTT! I loved the look of RRW for the weekend. Brightened up my mood. I'm going to try to incorporate So Chaud sometime this week. Sorry to hear about your TM. I've tried a sample of Nars TM, but not long enough to see any breakouts so I don't have experience with that. Yeah, TMs are meant to be light and defeats the purpose when you manipulate it with powders. Hmm...do you apply with your fingers? I know I break out sometimes if I am touching a lot of things with my fingers then decide I want to apply makeup on my face
lol.gif

Nothing good ever comes of that. How are you liking the Smashbox one though?

MissTT

You're just gonna work those reds all summer. Do you apply lashes with it? I wanna try that next.

I've been applying with a brush. I got 4 little pimples since the weekend. I don't usually have acne and certainly not multiples so I'm sure the new product is the cause. It also allows me time to see which techniques I prefer and what accompaniments. I wore the Smashbox twice, but I was trying to stick to the NARS for a period of time so if there were any issues I'd know which was the culprit. Both need a powder due to my oily skin. Smashbox needs a powder for color correcting. I'm going to give it a good trial later in the week and report back. So far I've been less oily with Smashbox, but it truly could be weather related. Like today is super humid and warm. Last week was cooler most days.

Medgal07

Wow---I have some catching up to do here!
You're just gonna work those reds all summer. Do you apply lashes with it? I wanna try that next.

I've been applying with a brush. I got 4 little pimples since the weekend. I don't usually have acne and certainly not multiples so I'm sure the new product is the cause. It also allows me time to see which techniques I prefer and what accompaniments. I wore the Smashbox twice, but I was trying to stick to the NARS for a period of time so if there were any issues I'd know which was the culprit. Both need a powder due to my oily skin. Smashbox needs a powder for color correcting. I'm going to give it a good trial later in the week and report back. So far I've been less oily with Smashbox, but it truly could be weather related. Like today is super humid and warm. Last week was cooler most days.
You may also want to track your hormone spikes too just in case the makeup isn't the sole culprit.

VampyCouture

Thanks MissTT! I loved the look of RRW for the weekend. Brightened up my mood. I'm going to try to incorporate So Chaud sometime this week. Sorry to hear about your TM. I've tried a sample of Nars TM, but not long enough to see any breakouts so I don't have experience with that. Yeah, TMs are meant to be light and defeats the purpose when you manipulate it with powders. Hmm...do you apply with your fingers? I know I break out sometimes if I am touching a lot of things with my fingers then decide I want to apply makeup on my face
lol.gif

Nothing good ever comes of that. How are you liking the Smashbox one though?
Medgal, beautiful look as usual. I wore my own variation of Tropical nail polish. I was browsing CVS on Saturday and came across the Spoiled Viva Brazil nail polish display and they have a polish named Pirate's Booty. I layered it over a teal polish. I can't stop looking at my nails and only minor chip and wear. Not bad for $2. Riri Woo gets you lots of attention I bet. I still can't get over how amazing you looked in it. Plus, when I pair it with Cherry l/l, can't nobody tell me NOTHIN.
flower.gif
I love SLN, but haven't gotten around to wearing it because of RRW!

Medgal07

Medgal, beautiful look as usual. I wore my own variation of Tropical nail polish. I was browsing CVS on Saturday and came across the Spoiled Viva Brazil nail polish display and they have a polish named Pirate's Booty. I layered it over a teal polish. I can't stop looking at my nails and only minor chip and wear. Not bad for $2. Riri Woo gets you lots of attention I bet. I still can't get over how amazing you looked in it. Plus, when I pair it with Cherry l/l, can't nobody tell me NOTHIN.
flower.gif
I love SLN, but haven't gotten around to wearing it because of RRW!
girlhaha.gif
Awww thanks Vampy. You must post a pic for us, and I'm sure you'll look just as lovely in SLN. I've only backed up lip sticks on three occasions, & SLN is one of them. I love the name of the NP that you found! Sounds awesome. I'm addicted to nail polish and would love to see a pic of your creation!

MissTT

Those Temp Rising polishes are
th_drool.gif
Refined Golden would give you a pretty glow, too, Medgal. I wish I was interested in one off the bronzers so I could have the compact.

I'm pretty sure it's not my own hormones that cause the acne. It happens when I try new products that tend to have silicone. It's hard to describe, but I can kind of tell they're clogged pore breakouts b/c it doesn't look like acne I would get from my hormones. I don't have monthly breakouts or anything like that. I took Accutane a few years ago so pimples for me are rare. I exfoliate daily chemically and use my Clairisonic a few times per week.

Medgal07

I just polished my nails with Scorching Hot & it's gorgeous. I'm not even crazy about glitter NPs but this stuff is amazing.

I like Refined Golden for minimal makeup looks in the warmer months. You'r right about the compacts. They're pretty special.

It must be pretty frustrating trying new products---at least now you know it's silicone and can hopefully avoid silicone based products. I recently started using a daily exfoliant by Garnier, and I'm finding quite a few exfoliants made for daily use. I use my Clarisonic twice a day.
Those Temp Rising polishes are
th_drool.gif
Refined Golden would give you a pretty glow, too, Medgal. I wish I was interested in one off the bronzers so I could have the compact.

I'm pretty sure it's not my own hormones that cause the acne. It happens when I try new products that tend to have silicone. It's hard to describe, but I can kind of tell they're clogged pore breakouts b/c it doesn't look like acne I would get from my hormones. I don't have monthly breakouts or anything like that. I took Accutane a few years ago so pimples for me are rare. I exfoliate daily chemically and use my Clairisonic a few times per week.

MissTT

Strangely I don't have the same skin problems with foundations.
th_dunno.gif
If exfoliation keeps the bumps away I may be able to continue using it. I was lazy exfoliating the last 5 or so days.

Medgal07

Strangely I don't have the same skin problems with foundations.
th_dunno.gif
If exfoliation keeps the bumps away I may be able to continue using it. I was lazy exfoliating the last 5 or so days.
I was afraid of exfoliating too much but when I started doing it about a year ago, I noticed a dramatic improvement. I just make sure the product is formulated for daily use.

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Hello Everyone---we're approaching a new month and we need a new theme. Bronze & Brights maybe, to make use of fun summer colors???

MissTT

wavey.gif
Hello Everyone---we're approaching a new month and we need a new theme. Bronze & Brights maybe, to make use of fun summer colors???
I'll need to buy my own bronzer or steal from my daughter's stash. Could we start the month with bronzing tips and techniques? I recall in the Temp Rising thread a few WOC weren't really familiar with bronzing. I have plenty o' brights to play with.

sagehen

I love the idea of Bronze & Brights. When we decide, can we also compile a list of bronzers to give us ideas, in addition to tips on technique? I know there was a "Bronzer for the Bronzed" thread and I will try to bump it up, but t never hurts for some new ideas.

My fave bronzers:
CG Queen Ebony Bronze (very little shimmer)
Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in 08 Ebony (shimmer in compact does not translate to face)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Sun Power (that might be one word)

My bright contribution in keeping with this month's color theme:

Face:
L'oreal Invisble Lift Cream fnd in Classic Tan
Sephora Mattifying Powder fdn in R50
Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in Ebony 08
Black Radiance Baked Blush in Raspberry very lightly applied

Eyes:
WnW Blue Had me at Hello Palette teal shimmery shade on lids, navy matte shade (the one on the left) in crease, shimmery black shade blended in at outer crease
Rimmel wp liner pencil in 006 Deep Blue on lower lash line
Rimmell wp liner pencil in Sparkle Black on top lash line
CG LashBlast Fusion wp in Very Black

Lips:
CG lip perfection liner in Beloved
Neutrogena lip treatment

MissTT

I just got a Rimmel Soft Kohl pencil in Denim Blue. Thanks for the inspiration. I wasn't sure how to wear it.

VampyCouture

I agree, sounds like a great theme!

Sagehen, I've been looking into Guerlain bronzers. What''s the difference between #7 and 8? I was told to get #7. I can cosign CG Ebony Bronze and Sun Power. I love them both. Sun Power is an amazing bronzer for a neutral look. You just look bronzed, but people don't know from what lol

sagehen

I agree, sounds like a great theme!

Sagehen, I've been looking into Guerlain bronzers. What''s the difference between #7 and 8? I was told to get #7. I can cosign CG Ebony Bronze and Sun Power. I love them both. Sun Power is an amazing bronzer for a neutral look. You just look bronzed, but people don't know from what lol
To my eye, #8 is darker and cooler, which, for me, makes for a better contour. No. 7 is warmer and would be more suitable for an all-over bronzer. For example, I applied #8 in the reverse 3's to give my face a little shape and definition today, with a somewhat dense, angled brush. I would apply #7 with a fluffy brush just for allover warmth. This is me saying it from an NC50-ish perspective. My only beef with Guerlain is the dang powdery, perfumey scent. I can't use it all the time because I can't always take the scent. That is too bad.

FYI, Nordstrom is now offering a Guerlain bronzer with a free brush. I can't vouch for the quality. I believe it's available in all shades.

ETA: It is only available in shade #3 online - you would have to go into a store to get any other shade. Dumb.

MissTT

To my eye, #8 is darker and cooler, which, for me, makes for a better contour. No. 7 is warmer and would be more suitable for an all-over bronzer. For example, I applied #8 in the reverse 3's to give my face a little shape and definition today, with a somewhat dense, angled brush. I would apply #7 with a fluffy brush just for allover warmth. This is me saying it from an NC50-ish perspective. My only beef with Guerlain is the dang powdery, perfumey scent. I can't use it all the time because I can't always take the scent. That is too bad.

FYI, Nordstrom is now offering a Guerlain bronzer with a free brush. I can't vouch for the quality. I believe it's available in all shades.
icon_eek.gif

But yeah I hear you on the scent. I have the balls and they actually smelled up my bedroom for awhile. That's way too much perfume in a product. I can smell it when I open my vanity even though I rarely use them. Any color recommendations for me, sage? I may have to start out cheap since I'm new. Hopefully they sell CG Queen around here so I can get Ebony Bronze.

Latest posts