Theme Makeup with a Purpose

MissTT

THANKS, EVERYONE! I know the dress is bizarre. When I saw it I said, "Who the hell would wear that? It's hideous! Those ants make my skin crawl." Then I started seeing review pics and thought some girls were rockin' it. Found my size at 75% off. Started thinking it's quirky charm wasn't that bad. I wasn't confident the first day I wore it. People stare and point at it. Now I feel amazing in it. It's a very unique piece. Even men compliment it all though some think it's termites. I never thought I could pull of mint green/pastel clothes (nor bugs LOL) but the Fire Ants Maxi Dress proved me wrong.

Wore Zestful again today. I actually like the eye look a little better today although Zestful does have fallout and seems to have faded already. I took a picture, but left my camera at home. If it looks good I'll post later tonight. (Also photographed my Fire Ants look.)
*What paint pot would y'all recommend for a good neutral/light base that won't look ashy if worn alone? I'm thinking Painterly, Soft Ochre, or Bare Study but I know they can be ashy on brown skin.

EYES
Groundwork p/p all over as base (neutral taupe)
Zestful edes on lid (iridescent mint green)
Stolen Moment edes in crease (dark plummy taupe)
Rimmel Eye Kohl in black
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner- black (winged)
Armani Eyes to Kill mascara Black
FACE
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Medium recommended by VampyCouture; it's too light + grey going on, but seems to settle in with a brush.
Ben Nye Translucent Powder in Topaz (orange tinted to warm up the BB Cream color)
Bobbi Brown corrector Dark Peach
NARS Radiant Concealer - Caramel
Ben Nye Banana powder to set concealer (soft yellow)
NARS Outlaw Blush (soft rose w/ golden shimmer)
Spiked brow pencil
LIPS
Jack Black lip balm
NYX Nude Pink l/l
Rimmel Kate Matte #104 (mauve-y rose pink) recommended by VampyCouture
Chanel Glossimer in Wild Rose (soft plummy pink)

Quick cell pic of today's dress pattern and butterfly shoes. (Excuse the lack of polish; pedicure is on the books so I remove color.)

sagehen

Yay to butterflies! And yay to to green e/s!

I am also wearing brights:

Face:
Black Radiance Oil Control Primer
Revlon Colorstay combo/oily in Caramel/Mahogany
Silica Powder (it's hot and humid here)
CG Ebony Bronze to lightly Contour
MAC Fleur Power blush

Eyes:
NYX Love in Paris 9-pan in Pardon My French (I used the bright and midtone greens on lid, the deeper bronze for transition and the dark matte brown in outer crease)
MAC Brown Down on brows
some liquid pen eyeliner in black
CG LashBlast Fusion mascara

Lips:

ULTA Rum Raisin l/l
MYX Haute Melon l/s
Stila Longwearing lipcolor (old formula) in Coral

Medgal07

MissTT I didn't see bugs/ants...I saw pretty colors & a lovely dress! I like today's outfit too...nice dress & shoe match. I like your makeup choices too!!
I love wedge heels. I haven't even pulled all of my warm weather shoes and clothes out. I'm on the slow bus it seems. I'll get around to it soon.
girlhaha.gif

THANKS, EVERYONE! I know the dress is bizarre. When I saw it I said, "Who the hell would wear that? It's hideous! Those ants make my skin crawl." Then I started seeing review pics and thought some girls were rockin' it. Found my size at 75% off. Started thinking it's quirky charm wasn't that bad. I wasn't confident the first day I wore it. People stare and point at it. Now I feel amazing in it. It's a very unique piece. Even men compliment it all though some think it's termites. I never thought I could pull of mint green/pastel clothes (nor bugs LOL) but the Fire Ants Maxi Dress proved me wrong.

Wore Zestful again today. I actually like the eye look a little better today although Zestful does have fallout and seems to have faded already. I took a picture, but left my camera at home. If it looks good I'll post later tonight. (Also photographed my Fire Ants look.)
*What paint pot would y'all recommend for a good neutral/light base that won't look ashy if worn alone? I'm thinking Painterly, Soft Ochre, or Bare Study but I know they can be ashy on brown skin. I think all of them would work, and I've never experienced any ashiness with any of them

EYES
Groundwork p/p all over as base (neutral taupe)
Zestful edes on lid (iridescent mint green)
Stolen Moment edes in crease (dark plummy taupe)
Rimmel Eye Kohl in black
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner- black (winged)
Armani Eyes to Kill mascara Black
FACE
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Medium recommended by VampyCouture; it's too light + grey going on, but seems to settle in with a brush.
Ben Nye Translucent Powder in Topaz (orange tinted to warm up the BB Cream color)
Bobbi Brown corrector Dark Peach
NARS Radiant Concealer - Caramel
Ben Nye Banana powder to set concealer (soft yellow)
NARS Outlaw Blush (soft rose w/ golden shimmer)
Spiked brow pencil
LIPS
Jack Black lip balm
NYX Nude Pink l/l
Rimmel Kate Matte #104 (mauve-y rose pink) recommended by VampyCouture
Chanel Glossimer in Wild Rose (soft plummy pink)

Quick cell pic of today's dress pattern and butterfly shoes. (Excuse the lack of polish; pedicure is on the books so I remove color.)

Medgal07

Face:
MAC Fleur Power blush

Eyes:
NYX Love in Paris 9-pan in Pardon My French (I used the bright and midtone greens on lid, the deeper bronze for transition and the dark matte brown in outer crease)
MAC Brown Down on brows

Lips:

ULTA Rum Raisin l/l
MYX Haute Melon l/s
Love your color choices Sagehen. No makeup for me today---I had dental work yesterday and I look like a squirrel w/jaw full of acorns.
icon_eek.gif

sagehen

^^Oh no - I hope you feel better soon. This will give you time to ponder the most perfect makeup/nail polish choices lol!

MissTT

Love your color choices Sagehen. No makeup for me today---I had dental work yesterday and I look like a squirrel w/jaw full of acorns.
icon_eek.gif
Sorry, dear, but I'm chuckling at your chubby cheeks. I hope you're feeling better soon. I know the dentist can be a bear for a lot of people. Get your springy clothes out! (Nevermind when I pulled out of the garage today I saw a tub of open toe shoes I know I haven't worn in a year.) We practically went straight from winter to summer here. So icky and humid today.

sagehen

Haute Melon sounded... hot!!!! I looked it up and love it. So how does the silica powder work? How do you keep it from looking ghostly on your face? You know I'm always gonna ask you fifty'leven questions since you got 'sage' in your name. Plus you're always so sweet and helpful to me. Reminds me - I need to wash my wig tonight. My scalp is unhappy. Not yet outraged though.
greengrin.gif
Don't let it get outraged!

I take some silica powder and either sprinkle on a tissue or into the cap of the container I am using, take a large powder puff, dip lightly into powder and PRESS into skin. no rubbing just pressing. When done with whole face, take a dense powder brush and buff the excess away. On days when I am too heavy handed, I then dust on some translucent powder, but that's rare. I can go almost a day without blotting this way. I don't mind blotting but I am just happy my MU is not melting off may face in a couple of hours. Did I mention the silica blurs fine lines and pores? IJS.

Medgal07

Haute Melon sounded... hot!!!! I looked it up and love it. So how does the silica powder work? How do you keep it from looking ghostly on your face? You know I'm always gonna ask you fifty'leven questions since you got 'sage' in your name. Plus you're always so sweet and helpful to me. Reminds me - I need to wash my wig tonight. My scalp is unhappy. Not yet outraged though.
greengrin.gif

Sorry, dear, but I'm chuckling at your chubby cheeks. I hope you're feeling better soon. I know the dentist can be a bear for a lot of people. Get your springy clothes out! (Nevermind when I pulled out of the garage today I saw a tub of open toe shoes I know I haven't worn in a year.) We practically went straight from winter to summer here. So icky and humid today.
Are silica powders safe? I've never used one, so out of curiosity I looked it up and happened upon multiple warnings regarding its use.

That"s ok---I laughed at my chubby cheek too---just one side though. It will go down in another day or so.
girlhaha.gif

Exactly MissTT---- I wasn't ready for the high temps this early in the season. I have two off-season closets. When I start the transition it's like being in a candy store as I'm reminded of the fun shoes and colorful clothes.
fluffy.gif

sagehen

Thank you!
bouquet.gif
I made sure I had a mani/pedi before my procedure. I have BL Jaffa on my toes (looks amazing with my tan Manolo kitten-heel sandals) and Dior Riviera, topped W Dior Crystal on my finger nails. I knew I'd be too busy holding an ice pack to my face to be concerned about my nails, etc. I hauled a fair amount of TR items before I went to the dentist. A girl must TCB first!

girlhaha.gif

Are silica powders safe? I've never used one, so out of curiosity I looked it up and happened upon multiple warnings regarding its use.

That"s ok---I laughed at my chubby cheek too---just one side though. It will go down in another day or so.
girlhaha.gif

Exactly MissTT---- I wasn't ready for the high temps this early in the season. I have two off-season closets. When I start the transition it's like being in a candy store as I'm reminded of the fun shoes and colorful clothes.
fluffy.gif
@ the bolded: silica is used in many cosmetic formulations (and processed foods, surprisingly, to give a "smooth" feel to them and as an anticaking agent), and the one I use is consmetic grade. I use it in a well ventilated area and do my best not to inhale. There are such mixed opinions about it, but it is the only thing that keeps my makeup on my face at this time of year.

VampyCouture

Face:
MAC Fleur Power blush

Eyes:
MAC Brown Down on brows

Lips:

ULTA Rum Raisin l/l
MYX Haute Melon l/s
icon_eek.gif
Beautiful look, Sagehen. I love Haute Melon by Nyx. You just reminded me to bring that out.

Medgal, feel better soon! I hate dental work
jerkit.gif

I am purposely not wearing makeup as much this week due to my allergies which just causes more uneasiness/reactions when I have it on, so no look for me today either :(

sagehen

Beautiful look, Sagehen. I love Haute Melon by Nyx. You just reminded me to bring that out.
Medgal, feel better soon! I hate dental work
jerkit.gif

I am purposely not wearing makeup as much this week due to my allergies which just causes more uneasiness/reactions when I have it on, so no look for me today either :(
Thank you - BTW, I copped some CocoTan powder this weekend - I am going to experiment tomorrow when I am not at work.

My coworkers and I are having massive allergy issues this week too - I switched to waterproof liner on bottom lid and waterproof mascara - but that is how addicted I am to makep lol. I hate the questions from people walking my my cube when I am minimally made up. I need my corporate armor.

VampyCouture

Thank you - BTW, I copped some CocoTan powder this weekend - I am going to experiment tomorrow when I am not at work.

My coworkers and I are having massive allergy issues this week too - I switched to waterproof liner on bottom lid and waterproof mascara - but that is how addicted I am to makep lol. I hate the questions from people walking my my cube when I am minimally made up. I need my corporate armor.
Lol, I also work in an office and luckily my cube is tucked away so no one can really see me. But yeah, it feels a little bit weird not having makeup on as often as I do, but I know my eyes and skin will get irritated which is not a good look!

Let me know how you like Coco Tan :)

Medgal07

@ the bolded: silica is used in many cosmetic formulations (and processed foods, surprisingly, to give a "smooth" feel to them and as an anticaking agent), and the one I use is consmetic grade. I use it in a well ventilated area and do my best not to inhale. There are such mixed opinions about it, but it is the only thing that keeps my makeup on my face at this time of year.
That's what made me look it up---"it keeps my makeup on my face"----made me think I need that too. The summer months can wreak havoc on a nicely made up face. I switch to a lighter foundation in the summer and a primer w/at least SPF 50. I like the Ben Nye luxury powder but I don't use it all over my face---just as an under-eye powder and it lasts > 16 hrs on me.

sagehen

Ben Nye powers are nice, but my oil breaks right through them, so they are just finishing powders/correctors for me. The lighter foundation is why I am experimenting with the silica, because I want to use something lighter and keep it on. I think I am over the ColorStay.

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
I wore eye makeup to the dentist! Addicted to makeup? Ya think?
girlhaha.gif

Latest posts