This isnt funny

speedygirl247

Take a look at these boxes, my issue is the one in the middle. Please can somebody confirm my gut feel on it. I am absolutely speechless
angry.gif
, I will say where its from if somebody agrees the box isn't right.

glitterboxes.jpg

Thanks in advance.

panda0410

I'll agree the box looks off to me as well... its tatty and the card is inconsistent with the others... was it a return maybe?

speedygirl247

No, I bought it from Mac............ I went to the 20% evening after work tonight and bought this along with other stuff and other glitters. I dont quite know what to say, apart from I am totally disgusted. The actual pot itself is real, but not the box. It cant be real, its shiney, not the very subtle sheen you get on the boxes and it the texture is different to all of my other pigments and glitters. It stands out like a sore thumb with all of my other mac. I am absolutely stunned.

X_SiN_X

WTF???? You've got to be kidding right?

Ok have we jumped to conclusions on others selling fakes or is MAC selling them too now?

I'm confused

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl247
No, I bought it from Mac............ I went to the 20% evening after work tonight and bought this along with other stuff and other glitters. I dont quite know what to say, apart from I am totally disgusted. The actual pot itself is real, but not the box. It cant be real, its shiney, not the very subtle sheen you get on the boxes and it the texture is different to all of my other pigments and glitters. It stands out like a sore thumb with all of my other mac. I am absolutely stunned.

what is the date of manufacture (batch) on the box that's different to the others?

i find it hard to believe you'd get a counterfeit anything from MAC. Just wouldn't happen.

It could be a different batch of boxes or one that shouldn't have passed QA but did.

chantelle8686

wow...that does look sooo different!! id take it back and get another one!!! and to buy it from the store wow....just speechless!!

X_SiN_X

hmmm I had a couple of sellers tell me they get seconds that dont make it to the mac shelves when i asked about their fake sh*t... Wonder if its true lol

speedygirl247

I wont have time to take it back today but I will on Monday, i will post more information when I get home from work and I will take a few more pictures tomorrow. I was so shocked i just took the one picture really quickly to post it asap.

Mabelle

i REALLY doubt this is fake. Mac would not sell fake Mac Merchandise, they just wouldn't. I think you're jumping to conclusions. If you return this, they'll end up throwing it out, just because you're paranoid.

redambition

Quote:
I wont have time to take it back today but I will on Monday, i will post more information when I get home from work and I will take a few more pictures tomorrow. I was so shocked i just took the one picture really quickly to post it asap.

I can understand that you'd maybe take it back for them to compare to their other stock... but i don't see how returning it would be of any use at all.

you also haven't mentioned if the box came from a diffferent time period (batch codes) than the others you have - i'm interested to know as it would show differences in the manufactured product over time and would be helpful in id-ing real vs fake.

speedygirl247

Its a blackened red glitter, it doesnt have a batch. If one of you could touch it and see it 'in the flesh' you will know what I mean. the pot, lid, inner lid, bottom of the pot is all absolutely fine. The box is just not the ticket. LOL I know I can be ultra paranoid sometimes, i know I am not this time. It even makes a different noise when you just rub your thumb along the cardboard lightly to everything else. There isnt an insert either, which i know can be the case sometimes. I need somebody else to give it the touchy feely and just look at the box, I know I am not going mad. I will email another UK specktra member to see if she will post her thoughts on it if i send it.

panda0410

Quote:
Its a blackened red glitter, it doesnt have a batch. If one of you could touch it and see it 'in the flesh' you will know what I mean. the pot, lid, inner lid, bottom of the pot is all absolutely fine. The box is just not the ticket. LOL I know I can be ultra paranoid sometimes, i know I am not this time. It even makes a different noise when you just rub your thumb along the cardboard lightly to everything else. There isnt an insert either, which i know can be the case sometimes. I need somebody else to give it the touchy feely and just look at the box, I know I am not going mad. I will email another UK specktra member to see if she will post her thoughts on it if i send it.

There isnt an insert? Is this the leaflet or the insert lid inside the jar?

seabird

i think it's very unlikely that mac themselves will be selling fakes. as others have said, perhaps it is from a different batch which made it through quality control when it shouldn't. and i really wouldn't return it just because the box is off, as the whole thing would get thrown out.

julie150463

Quote:

Send it along - I'll compare it to my glitter boxes. I'm expecting some Blackened Red any day soon as well
smiles.gif

speedygirl247

Thank you Julie, I know I am not going mad (well no madder than usual anyway LOL). The pot isn't the issue its the rotten box. I will send it on Monday to you. thanks a lot x

abbyquack

I agree with everyone else, I find it highly unlikely that Mac would be producing fakes... How would that even work anyways, the company making a fake of itself? That would mean its not fake just possibly of lesser quality. I have had variations in boxes labels and containers based on the age or batch as has been mentioned. Don't worry too much! And lucky you got 20% off!!
smiles.gif