This isnt funny

panda0410

Everyone here has jumped to the conclusion that it has been suggested by the OP that MAC is producing fakes? I'd like to see ANYWHERE in this thread that that has even been mentioned!!

What has ALREADY been said SEVERAL times now is that the jar itself is FINE. It was simply a question on the box.

And in case it hadnt occured to anyone here it IS possible for fakes to end up among authentic stock - trust me, because I have actually seen this in retail - there are PLENTY of people who switch out at stores simply because they can once they realise they have been duped, it happens ALL the time, much like shoplifting.

seabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Everyone here has jumped to the conclusion that it has been suggested by the OP that MAC is producing fakes? I'd like to see ANYWHERE in this thread that that has even been mentioned!!

What has ALREADY been said SEVERAL times now is that the jar itself is FINE. It was simply a question on the box.

And in case it hadnt occured to anyone here it IS possible for fakes to end up among authentic stock - trust me, because I have actually seen this in retail - there are PLENTY of people who switch out at stores simply because they can once they realise they have been duped, it happens ALL the time, much like shoplifting.

i'm going to go with post #6, where the op says "The actual pot itself is real, but not the box. It cant be real, its shiney, not the very subtle sheen you get on the boxes and it the texture is different to all of my other pigments and glitters" what the op inferred with that, to my understanding, was that she believes she recieved a fake box from mac, which leads people to believe that mac would be producing/selling fakes, whether it is to their knowledge or not. specktra really needs a chill pill smilie.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabird
i'm going to go with post #6, where the op says "The actual pot itself is real, but not the box. It cant be real, its shiney, not the very subtle sheen you get on the boxes and it the texture is different to all of my other pigments and glitters" what the op inferred with that, to my understanding, was that she believes she recieved a fake box from mac, which leads people to believe that mac would be producing/selling fakes, whether it is to their knowledge or not. specktra really needs a chill pill smilie.

Incorrect. It doesnt lead people to believe that at all, especially considering the fact that it was already stated that the jar itself was fine. That would be contradictory now to make such a claim wouldnt it?

Like I said, its more believable that someone has done a switch on the box, or perhaps it was quality control, but NO-ONE ever stated that MAC themselves were now selling counterfeits.

Penn

I understand your concern for the box, but if the actual PRODUCT itself is fine I don't see the point in returning. However I do think you should go and get it checked out in case it is an old batch of packaging, but returning the product which you state is fine simply because the box is off is a little unnecessary. Mac throws out all returns even if it is unused so I don't see how they could have ended up with a fake. Still, like I said you should bring it to the store and get an explanation for the box =)

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
Mac throws out all returns even if it is unused )

Actually we already know that this isnt entirely true either... Several people here on specktra have received items supposedly BNIB DIRECTLY from MAC with finger prints in cream based products or used lipsticks. These may have been an error in practice, however, the system isnt infallible - and it proves not everything is thrown away. Its is a distinct possibility that was a returned item itself. In which case it may have been tampered with or had its box switched as well.

Penn

Quote:
Actually we already know that this isnt entirely true either... Several people here on specktra have received items supposedly BNIB DIRECTLY from MAC with finger prints in cream based products or used lipsticks. These may have been an error in practice, however, the system isnt infallible - and it proves not everything is thrown away. Its is a distinct possibility that was a returned item itself. In which case it may have been tampered with or had its box switched as well.

I never knew that, so thank you for informing me.
smiles.gif

seabird

Quote:
Incorrect. It doesnt lead people to believe that at all, especially considering the fact that it was already stated that the jar itself was fine. That would be contradictory now to make such a claim wouldnt it?

Like I said, its more believable that someone has done a switch on the box, or perhaps it was quality control, but NO-ONE ever stated that MAC themselves were now selling counterfeits.

i think you've missed the point.

abbyquack

Quote:

Well perhaps we are jumping to conclusions, but here is how I see it: why would anyone care what the box looks like if the product is real? I would imagine she's worried b/c the box looks a little funny, therefore, is the product also fake? It could be a tell tale sign if the box is funny, particularly since the jar and product is often hard to discern from a fake. Since this is under "Counterfeit MAC" it leads readers to think there's a counterfeit product. So even though that's not what you picked up, others did obviously. Thanks for trying to clarify it.

I do agree that fake products can easily get mixed with real products - when I worked at Nordstrom, some people accused of us selling fake True Religions- which is untrue, but for all you know, a fake pair could've been returned unbeknownst to Nordstrom and someone bought it. The same could be true with the MAC product, but I would figure if the box is fake, how did a real product get into a fake box? That's why I believe the box is probably real, just a 2nd or older printing.

panda0410

I think we have all have differences of opinions. I think there is a danger in people assuming that because its in the counterfeit fourm must mean we are accusing person/s of having/selling counterfiet goods. If people can understand that this is a forum to raise questions about items without jumping to the wrong conclusion then everyone will be a lot happier.

The forum is NOT just a place for fingerpointing... its also a place to OBJECTIVELY raise questions... nowhere has the OP made an accusation. In fact the OP stated that the jar was fine. She has a right to question the box. Everyone else jumped to the conclsuion that she was insinuating it was fake.

Everyone would fare better from keeping an open mind and respecting the right of others to actually raise those questions in an objective manner here.

BunnyBunnyBunny

It is impossible for it to be older packaging since the Reflects Glitters were introduced in 2007, and MAC packaging has not changed for the glitters since then.

I don't know if perhaps it could be a faulty manufacturing or something, but I have never seen or heard of MAC packaging being like you (original poster) described. Hold onto the box and take it to the counter to inspect, and if they don't know what's up with it, try to contact the website and higher ups. The strange packaging is worrying me a GREAT deal.

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
I think we have all have differences of opinions. I think there is a danger in people assuming that because its in the counterfeit fourm must mean we are accusing person/s of having/selling counterfiet goods. If people can understand that this is a forum to raise questions about items without jumping to the wrong conclusion then everyone will be a lot happier.

The forum is NOT just a place for fingerpointing... its also a place to OBJECTIVELY raise questions... nowhere has the OP made an accusation. In fact the OP stated that the jar was fine. She has a right to question the box. Everyone else jumped to the conclsuion that she was insinuating it was fake.

Everyone would fare better from keeping an open mind and respecting the right of others to actually raise those questions in an objective manner here.

i totally agree with you panda0410.
Here is the introduction of this sub forum: Not sure if a MAC product is authentic? Have you purchased from a seller who carries authentic MAC product? Please perform your own research to support any claims made of counterfeit or authenticity in this forum.

Hence, this forum is made for questionning, wondering but not necessarily condemning. Otherwise, what would be the point of a forum???

Chikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
am i not seeing the same as others, cos I dont see anything wrong with it?

Me neither... I see a slight difference, but would just chalk it up to printing, nothing devious.

speedygirl247

The glitter and the box is on its way to Julie for her comment. I know I havent gone completely insane.......LOL

NaturalSister19

Rub some Cleanse Off Oil onto one of your other boxes, then wipe it off. See if the other box gets this texture you're suspicious of.

julie150463

Hi ladies

Well the box arrived this morning from Speedygirl (I'll email you later).

I've compared it to my Blackened Red and the box is definitely shinier than the matte box I have. Speedygirl is right - it does sound different when you scratch it - so I can confirm you are not mad lol. The sticker is spaced differently to mine - SG's is one word per row where as mine if Reflects - 1st row and the Blackened Red 2nd row BUT both boxes are authentic!!!

There's one marker which confirms this - I won't say on this post as you just don't know who is lurking but if you want details PM me. Most people are aware of this 'marker' unless you are a counterfeiter ;-)

I rely heavily on the boxes to suss out counterfeit items so I do find it a worry that there is a difference in these
ssad.gif

speedygirl247

Thanks Julie, at least I know I havent completely lost the plot. I was so shocked when I unpacked it with all of my other things I bought on the same trip.