Tinted Moisturizers - Discussion & Recommendations

MizzTropical

By mixing ur fav primer with ur fav foundation u can create the best TM. The primer will help it go on so smooth and it will last all day. I just mix a dab of each in my palm and smooth it on. It works so nice for a light feel. I like using Hard Candy's primer with Revlon Colorstay.

bella.ng

Hi Ladies,

Do you know where I can find the Cover Girl Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer in Toronto? I didn't see it at Walmart or Shoppers.

lumonia

I some time ago bought pixi´s illuminating tint and i really liked it. It´s oil free and has got a spf 20. There were 4 colour obtions i think. Anyways it has a slight coverage it gives you a nice colour more than conceales and i like that it comes with a matching concealer. I will definately purchase it again in the future and a big plus is that it´s not very expensive.

my favorite tinted moisturizer has to be Neutrogena's Healthy skin enhancer tinted moisturizer its wonderful, it totally evens out my skin. I have tried Laura Mericer tinted moisturizer and i hated it, too much shimmer for me

cassie05

my HG tinted moisturizer in laura mercier. i use the oil free in summer,and the regular one on winter. i'm nc25 and my tinted moisturizer shade is NUDE.
smiles.gif

Kragey

I usually just mix a day moisturizer with SPF with a little foundation. However, lately I've been loving the Hardy Candy tinted moisturizer in Fair; it's replaced my foundation.
smiles.gif

dollbaby

I'm really loving Smooth Operator from Tarte. It's an all natural, oil-free, tinted moisturizer with SPF 20. It gives the most dewy look to the skin, covers without feeling cakey, and stays on all day once set with powder. I absolutely recommend this tinted moisturizer and it will be all I'm using this summer! Also, I have very sensitive skin & flare up with most products so I have to be careful with what I use. I'm allergic to most MAC foundations. Tarte has really made things easier on my skin, and has improved my skin with all natural ingredients, and it's Paraben free. So, those with sensitive skin, I highly recommend this one!

dollbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie05
has anyone tried stila sheer tinted moisturizer?

I used this last summer. Although I loved the look it gave me, it didn't last all day for me. I wound up sweating it off on vacay and I had to wash my shirt two times in order to get it off.
thmbdn.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I really want to try out Laura Merciers tinted moisturizer but it has pretty crappy reviews on makeupalley

I used to go by the reviews on MUA, but then after a while I realized that people on there are just using the wrong products for their situation, and then rating them crappy b/c they are pissed off. So I just do my own research and test out what I'm interested in and go from there (with well-written reviews in mind).

Another vote for Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer
smiles.gif

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I used to go by the reviews on MUA, but then after a while I realized that people on there are just using the wrong products for their situation, and then rating them crappy b/c they are pissed off. So I just do my own research and test out what I'm interested in and go from there (with well-written reviews in mind).

Another vote for Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer
smiles.gif

Yeah, even though it's tedious, I always always ALWAYS read the text portion of reviews to see if people were just using the product in an odd way or were expecting something unrealistic. I also don't judge by "Would buy again," because plenty of people LOVE the product, but wouldn't buy it again because it's "expensive" or because they "don't get to use it that much."

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
Yeah, even though it's tedious, I always always ALWAYS read the text portion of reviews to see if people were just using the product in an odd way or were expecting something unrealistic. I also don't judge by "Would buy again," because plenty of people LOVE the product, but wouldn't buy it again because it's "expensive" or because they "don't get to use it that much."

I find the bold to be quite bothersome, and definitely hope that one day the rulers of MUA find a way to standardize the ratings. Although now as I type this, I remind myself that reviews can never really be standardized, but I'm sure you understand what I am trying to say.
tong.gif

Some people forget that they are reviewing the product for other people, not themselves.
smiles.gif

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I find the bold to be quite bothersome, and definitely hope that one day the rulers of MUA find a way to standardize the ratings. Although now as I type this, I remind myself that reviews can never really be standardized, but I'm sure you understand what I am trying to say.
tong.gif

Some people forget that they are reviewing the product for other people, not themselves.
smiles.gif

I really agree with what you say! I too don't really go by what MUA say, i've tried things which people love which i don't & vice versa! I think the best thing is to go to a counter & get the SA to try it on for you!
greengrin.gif
I will be getting my LM Oil free Tinted too today!
greengrin.gif
yayyys i can tell you how it goes! (hope it's good! It's sooooo expensive here in Australia!
ssad.gif
)

bumblebees24

Agree! Certain products may work for some and not for others. I have seen reviews with 5 stars on MUA that says "this mascara flakes, smudges and doesn't last on me" but I guess I'll buy it again. It's like ????? If it's so sucky why are u buying it again!?

cassie05

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbaby
I used this last summer. Although I loved the look it gave me, it didn't last all day for me. I wound up sweating it off on vacay and I had to wash my shirt two times in order to get it off.
thmbdn.gif

thmbdn.gif
boo... now i know i'm not going to use this in the summer
shockt.gif

saizine

Like others have said, I love Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer! It's the best one I've tried and really doesn't wear off. Sometimes I have to mix it with my moisturizer though because I find it that its coverage is closer to a light-to-mid coverage foundation instead of a heavy coverage moisturizer.

I also like to mix my foundation with my moisturizer if I was a more "sheer" coverage.