Tipping Ettiquette at a hair salon?

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Of course its not unbelievable to think that someone may have dirty hair or stink. but I thought that most people cleaned themselves. And that most people had good hygiene. Thankfully, its not like I run into someone everyday who has filthy hair. Its sad to think that there are so many people who have that attitude that I should have to deal with all of that with a smile on my face because "its my job" I'm seeing a lot of that in this topic "Oh its your job so you better deal with it" Its kind of like what goes on in the cosmetics industry forum. People there get mad that customers come into MAC at 9:45 PM and ask for a full makeover without buying anything. But the MA's have to deal with it because "its their job and thats what they signed up for"

People get treated like shit in the beauty industry. We are talked down to and disrespected....its as if we owe the clients something.

Anyone can say "Your job should pay you well enough so that you don't need tips" The world is not that perfect great place where all jobs pay wonderfully. I wish my jobs paid me well enough so that I didn't have to depend on tips. But thats not going to happen. I think its silly to say "I'm not going to tip you because I think your boss should pay you enough so that you don't need it" Thats just...wrong. And even cheap.

I agree with you 110% I worked as a server for several years. Luckily I never ran into any ignorant people who didn't tip because they felt my boss should pay me more. That's not how it is here in N. America. Servers get paid Less than $4 an hour & they depend on tips to survive. Yes, it would be nice if the restaurant owners just paid a better salary & tips weren't expected. But that's just not how it is & I'm sure it won't change anytime soon. So if you go into a restaurant here, be prepared to tip. If you don't feel that tipping is something you should do, stay home & serve yourself. And the people who just want to say "it's their job, they have to deal with it." truly disgust me. It's cocky, rude & inconsiderate. And believe me servers, nail techs, hair dressers I remember what it was like to depend on those tips, so you better believe when I go into your establishment that I will have no problem leaving a BIG FAT TIP!