Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Haven

I agree that there are better products than the TF lipshines that have a similar effect. I am happy that I tried three of them, but I do not plan on buying anymore.

I also heard that there is a new collection to be released in the coming months, so I will save my TF $$ for that. Hopefully it is not full of repromotes.

sweetscent

Do the YSL Volupte shines have that awful overpowering sweet scent that the other YSL lipsticks have?
oh u don't like their scent? i love them...me very strange like my YSL mascara scent as well as their lippies too...same for guerlain ballz. :)
pretty.gif

powderprincess

Today I got sucked in at the Tom Ford counter at NM. I asked to try the Frantic Pink blush with a clean brush. The TF cheek brush is divine! The blush melted effortless into my skin and was much warmer than when I had swatched it on my hand. The blush and brush were a splurge, but worth it. I can't wait to try the brush out with all of my blushes. I don't think I will ever buy another cheek brush.

quantumkitten

Hi Everyone!

I know this is a long-shot but does anyone know where I could get my hands on the Enchanted quad? My sister has asked me to do her makeup on her wedding and I thought that this quad would be absolutely perfect. Unfortunately, the whole line is still not available in Canada. There's a quad on ebay but for $200 it's out of my price range. And, makeup alley swaps are limited to current swappers only. I'm sure there's no hope this late in the game but I thought I would check since it would be amazing on her special day! Thanks

afulton

When it was completely sold out in my area, I was able to track one down in NY at Berdof Goldman. At that time, they had several left at the counter. The sales rep was very helpful.

Neicy

I wore Frolic last night and it is the best peachy pink!
Yes, these are expensive, but I feel great wearing them and having them. I am in love!

quantumkitten

When it was completely sold out in my area, I was able to track one down in NY at Berdof Goldman. At that time, they had several left at the counter. The sales rep was very helpful.
Thanks for the reply! I tried the NY BG a few weeks ago when a couple of members mentioned that they still had some quads left. Unfortunately, even at that point they were all sold out. Thanks again. I still have a few months left until the event so I'll just keep my hopes up :)

Shypo

I have Frantic Pink and it has become my go-to blush for sure. I also use the TF blush brush and agree, it is perfect. The way you described the blush melting into your skin is spot-on. I just adore it.

Good luck on the Enchanted quad - maybe one will pop up somewhere - you never know - one might have been returned. That's how I got my Guerlain Wulong palette - someone changed their mind.

I hope the summer collection has more to get excited about as well.......I'm not going to bother with the new lip shines - I'll wait for some new l/s colors! ;)

Neicy

I have swatches of summer. I will post them later, the lip gloss looks gorgeous, but not my type with it being in a tube.

powderprincess

I just want to rave about the Tom Ford brushes. They are so divine even though the price is outrageous. So far I have the cheek brush #6, eye shadow brush #11, and the eye blender brush #13. The cheek brush is so soft, fits the apples of my cheek perfectly, and blends like none other. The #11 eye shadow brush is nothing like the 217 as I have heard. It eliminates fall out and applies my eyeshadow in one stroke. The tapered end allows you to get into the crease and blend. The #13 blender brush is very nice, but not the most unique.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just want to rave about the Tom Ford brushes. They are so divine even though the price is outrageous. So far I have the cheek brush #6, eye shadow brush #11, and the eye blender brush #13. The cheek brush is so soft, fits the apples of my cheek perfectly, and blends like none other. The #11 eye shadow brush is nothing like the 217 as I have heard. It eliminates fall out and applies my eyeshadow in one stroke. The tapered end allows you to get into the crease and blend. The #13 blender brush is very nice, but not the most unique.
Second that. I've got a couple that a super-wonderful person got me and they are fantastic. The definer brush makes crease work foolproof!

User38

grr.. I spent an arm and a leg for my brushes and left them home (am on a different continent now and literally have no real home.. lol) .. but I find most of my real hair brushes are getting a funky smell from being stored.. ugh. Will have to revisit this thread. A good washing and some cologne water to rinse? anyone any suggs?

hugs to KAtred
heart.gif

User38

C~ as you know I am a total sucka for the TF ls.. I have about 9 now.. but I still grab the Flamingo the most..
heart.gif
pompom.gif

Neicy

Hey, not nice to call me a Ninny on BTiB's blog comment . You should of left your name as you know mine! ;)

Anyway, I got Sahara Haze, Flush blush, a 3rd blending brush, the smokey brush and Quiver lip shine. Love them all! :)

I

Yazmin

The brushes are beautiful and I haven't brought myself to use them yet. The bronzer brush is the most expensive brush I own (still can't believe I bought it without a second thought).

My birthday's coming up so I'm going back to get the three brushes I don't already have as a present to myself.

Yazmin

How are the eyeshadow quads?
I only have the Crushed Amethyst quad, but I love it! The shadows are really pigmented, go on smoothly, blend like a dream and have great staying power. I'm looking to add either Cognac Sable, Cocoa Mirage, or Golden Mink to my collection next. I may go swatch those this week.

califabulous

all i know is June Ambrose IG'd herself wearing TF Nude Vanille lipstick and I about fainted....it looked so beautiful! I don't have anything TF and really shouldn't be looking at this thread at ALL!! I'm i trouble...