Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

pbpink

regarding the reds in tom ford, they also had a red in the original white packaging lipstick collection called smoke red. I have a paper swatch of their red family...it isn't complete tho I will try my best to collect the remaining items haha. Anything labeled in purple are lipsticks and in light blue are nail polishes. Frankly speaking I really don't think theres a need to acquire everything since a lot of them look extremely alike in action. too bad I can't help it as an obsessive tf collector lol. Can't wait for the new colors vampire kiss and rouge fatale!

@pbpink: as you can see in the photo (sorry it's a bit dull i havent tuned the brightness yet) cherry lush is definitely a cool toned red. scarlet rouge is warmer.

thank you so much for the photo! scarlet rouge def popped out to me! love your collection!

pbpink

I feel that unlike neutrals nudes or pinks where tonal changes can have a drastic difference, most people can pull off a wide range of reds. I'm a warm/yellowy toned asian medium but I prefer cool toned reds. although i also have a few warm reds or browns in my stash like TF warm sable or mac approaching storm...

On a side note, my favourite tom ford red is the limited narcotic rouge. I'm starting to freak out about stocking up a new one because my current one is nearly half gone. (but they can't be found anywhere...sigh....i hate limiteds.

are you in US? good news, narcotic rouge is def still available!! i just saw it in store at both NM + Saks!! i saw all 4 colors from holiday 2012!!

i watched a TF review by raereview on youtube and i thought crimson noir looked stunning on her!

lipstick is so hard too as i will not try it on other than my hand and it's really hard to tell in store, i have seen glorious colors on my hand only to have them look like a hot mess on my lips - i got chanel's pimpante and it was scary on me!! i don't think orange/corals look good, reds def look way better on my warm skin....

i am hoping to like vampire kiss, i love the name!!

peanut

Is Pink Adobe lipstick discontinued or just OOS everywhere?
Well isn't that odd! You're right, I can't find Pink Adobe anywhere. But I was surprised to find both Nordstrom and Bloomingdales carrying the full line of TF$. Nice!

sarabeautime

Yes now Ice Queen is available. I ordered it myself too, still waiting it to arrive. Here are great swatches: http://belletristicbeauty.blogspot.de/2013/10/tom-ford-ice-queen-eye-shadow-quad-winter-2013-review-swatch.html Unfortunately the mid shades look very similar. I wonder if they will show different on my lids.

Teger

They dont have any of the shade and illuminate :( i have intensity 2 but im starting to think i want instensity 1 instead. Shade 2 is just too chocolaty brown for my face. I love using my mac copper beach cream pro sculpt to sculpt my face (limited edition of course mac) and thats lighter and yellower so maybe intensity 1 is closer to that?? Any of u who have 1 think itll work on my nc44 skin??
I think anyone NC should use Intensity 1, and NW should use Intensity 2. Intensity 1 is more of a yellow-toned brown... Not quite as yellow as copper beach, but I think you would like it more than Intensity 2; which is more a neutral leaning red brown. Here is a picture of my contouring/bronzing stash. (Taken in natural light)
2f1d217b_image.jpeg
NARS Zen, MAC Coffee Walnut, Chanel Notorious Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate Intensity 1 & 2 Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base, Kevyn Aucoin Medium And I did some damage at bloomies... Ordered the blush brush, illuminating pens (in citrine, lavender voile, liquid bronze, and naked bisque), blush in love lust, lipstick in vanilla suede, and eye pencil in bruise.

luvlydee

I think anyone NC should use Intensity 1, and NW should use Intensity 2. Intensity 1 is more of a yellow-toned brown... Not quite as yellow as copper beach, but I think you would like it more than Intensity 2; which is more a neutral leaning red brown. Here is a picture of my contouring/bronzing stash. (Taken in natural light)
2f1d217b_image.jpeg
NARS Zen, MAC Coffee Walnut, Chanel Notorious Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate Intensity 1 & 2 Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base, Kevyn Aucoin Medium And I did some damage at bloomies... Ordered the blush brush, illuminating pens (in citrine, lavender voile, liquid bronze, and naked bisque), blush in love lust, lipstick in vanilla suede, and eye pencil in bruise.
Lovely stash! My intensity 1 came but i just came back from the bahamas so im darker now and i barely see it on my face (still see my copper beach though) and intensity 2 looks better with my skin being darker. With that said i still like shade 1 cuz im rarely this dark and i have darker powders that i love and look more natural on me than shade 2 when im my normal skin tone. So im going ahead and selling my intensity 2

pbpink

And I did some damage at bloomies... Ordered the blush brush, illuminating pens (in citrine, lavender voile, liquid bronze, and naked bisque), blush in love lust, lipstick in vanilla suede, and eye pencil in bruise.
i just bought S/I #2 and i am tawny 07 in TF with warm skin - i am so confused as to which one would be better for me! #2 def works but i wonder if #1 would work better! from what i read #1 had a green tint to it which is why i ordered #2!! guess i will need to try them both on at store........i have the matching S/I brush but i like the TF cream brush much better, perhaps i need to practice more with the S/I brush but i don't see a huge differece when i use the S/I brush vs. any other brush

have the pen in citrine, it is stunning, you will love it! will def order lavender voile! on the TF liquid bronze + peach blush, i found them to be identical to chanel's sheer fluid in sun kissed and the chanel bottle is huge compared to TF pen and costs less, check it out if you can!

also, i LOVE the eye primer duo - i only had nars eye primer to compare to but when i did my DD eye's for halloween party in a bright blue, the TF eye primer made it pop like crazy - i have also used it as a concealer on teeny tiny blemishes and it worked!

thanks for pic + would love to hear your thoughts on your TF goodies when they arrive! did you try the chanel quint yet? shade 3, middle bronze color is by far my fave but it seems close to chantecaille's bronze in the 2013 diamond trio and i will only get one palette....

pbpink

Yes now Ice Queen is available. I ordered it myself too, still waiting it to arrive. Here are great swatches: http://belletristicbeauty.blogspot.de/2013/10/tom-ford-ice-queen-eye-shadow-quad-winter-2013-review-swatch.html Unfortunately the mid shades look very similar. I wonder if they will show different on my lids.
thanks for link you look stunning in every quad you have!! how do you do it?!? I don't think I could ever wear ice queen as it seems so cool toned! also has anyone tried the pink from burnished amber as a blush? would it even work? may have to get my paws on that quad as I fear I may regret it if I don't!!

Teger

i just bought S/I #2 and i am tawny 07 in TF with warm skin - i am so confused as to which one would be better for me! #2 def works but i wonder if #1 would work better! from what i read #1 had a green tint to it which is why i ordered #2!! guess i will need to try them both on at store........i have the matching S/I brush but i like the TF cream brush much better, perhaps i need to practice more with the S/I brush but i don't see a huge differece when i use the S/I brush vs. any other brush  have the pen in citrine, it is stunning, you will love it! will def order lavender voile!  on the TF liquid bronze + peach blush, i found them to be identical to chanel's sheer fluid in sun kissed and the chanel bottle is huge compared to TF pen and costs less, check it out if you can!  also, i LOVE the eye primer duo - i only had nars eye primer to compare to but when i did my DD eye's for halloween party in a bright blue, the TF eye primer made it pop like crazy - i have also used it as a concealer on teeny tiny blemishes and it worked!  thanks for pic + would love to hear your thoughts on your TF goodies when they arrive! did you try the chanel quint yet? shade 3, middle bronze color is by far my fave but it seems close to chantecaille's bronze in the 2013 diamond trio and i will only get one palette....
Waiting for the quint to be delivered. May have to give the Chantecaille trio a look. Do you think its distinct enough from the Charming quint? And I need to find out if this formula (the Chanel) can be used wet. Oooh. I love the Chanel sunkissed fluid. It is beautiful, but the splash-mouth packaging disenchants me. Looking forward to having a similar shade but in the convenient portable & easy-use pen packaging. It's great to hear you have citrine. What do you like about it? It looks faintly chartreuse-toned in color. How fabulous! The S&I brush is a bit ingenious. I heard that it was designed to pick up the perfect amount for one side the face. I tested it out and it worked, curious if you've found this as well? So how are you liking Int2? My main concern with Int1 is if it would be dark enough on your tone. The cream foundation brush is exceptional at multitasking; I could own several. One of the must-haves from the range. I passed on Ice Queen because its so muted. Would rather have Chanel Lagons any day. (and it's discontinued!!)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Unfortunately the mid shades look very similar. I wonder if they will show different on my lids.
Thanks for the link! I like the shades, but as others have said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of variation. I feel like those are shades that I can find elsewhere for less money. (Funny, I almost picked up Marc Jacobs "The Mod" this weekend and it looks REALLY similar.) Guess I'll just keep my love for the lippies.

sarabeautime

Thanks for the link! I like the shades, but as others have said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of variation. I feel like those are shades that I can find elsewhere for less money. (Funny, I almost picked up Marc Jacobs "The Mod" this weekend and it looks REALLY similar.) Guess I'll just keep my love for the lippies.
I completely agree with you Katred. Nothing special about the shades and many of us make-up enthusiasts have something similar in our stash.

On the bright side, this one has superb quality and a lot of product in there so it may still make sense to invest in something like that for the ones who are yet in search for a cool grey palette.

I am wearing it today and I really like it!
pompom.gif
Cool tones worked more than I thought they would do. Yay!

Here is my review on that one:
http://www.colormeloud.com/2013/10/blog-post-series-tom-ford-quads-ix.html

katred

Specktra Bestie
I completely agree with you Katred. Nothing special about the shades and many of us make-up enthusiasts have something similar in our stash.

On the bright side, this one has superb quality and a lot of product in there so it may still make sense to invest in something like that for the ones who are yet in search for a cool grey palette.

pompom.gif

You certainly have a point that these are great, very wearable shades, so there may be a good reason to have them in a superior formula. I still don't know when we'll be getting this up here. Holt Renfrew was supposed to have the complete collection, but not even the TF reps seem to know that. (Although HR sent it out to all their followers on Twitter...)

MACina

pompom.gif

eyelove.gif
....such a beautiful palette!!! So right up mal alley!!!

Thank you for the swatches and review, Sara!

Haven

I have Ice Queen and the MJ palette. While it is true that you can achieve similar looks with both palletes, I prefer TF. The shadows are better quality, the wear is much better, and they are so easy to apply. The shadows are just prettier, & the effect that they give is nicer. Yes Ice Queen is a pretty penny, but it is worth it to me. I should have passed on the MJ palette and just waited for this one. Unfortunately I purchased the MJ palette a while ago. Plus I have used it, so I don't feel right returning it.

I worn Ice Queen several times and have received compliments each time. I have also worn MJ and gotten nothing. Ice Queen has earned a spot on my vanity as a go to palette.