Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

YarahFlower

Are you all ordering from the counters, or from websites? I ordered with the website, but if you all know a way that I can get my goods quicker, please let me know. I would appreciate it very much :heart:

Yazmin

I was going to pre-order from my SA at Neiman's, but it's been radio silence since she first reached out to me. I placed my order with NM online and used MrRebates.com for 5% cash back. I won't get my order until early May, but I can wait.

YarahFlower

I was going to pre-order from my SA at Neiman's, but it's been radio silence since she first reached out to me. I placed my order with NM online  and used MrRebates.com for 5% cash back. I won't get my order until early May, but I can wait.
I ordered from the site as well. 5% cash back is a plus! It was my first order with Neimans so I got 10% off my order!!! Not going to lie though, the wait is going to drive me insane!! Lol...might just have to go to a counter and play with some stuff in the meantime :)

Haven

Ernie thank you for all of the pics and swatches! What was the texture of the powder shadow in the duos? Just wondering how glittery they were. Are they comparable to the glitter shadows in the quads?

Medgal07

Squeals!!!
yahoo.gif
Thank you so much for taking the time to swatch and sharing them here!!!

Medgal07

I was going to pre-order from my SA at Neiman's, but it's been radio silence since she first reached out to me. I placed my order with NM online and used MrRebates.com for 5% cash back. I won't get my order until early May, but I can wait.
Like the rest of us Yazmin---we'll give each other moral support while we wait. I've already gotten my cash back notice from Ebates---$10.20. Not bad.
You don't get that when you go through a sales associate--as sweet as they can be, the cash back is just a little bit sweeter.

Medgal07

Are you all ordering from the counters, or from websites? I ordered with the website, but if you all know a way that I can get my goods quicker, please let me know. I would appreciate it very much
heart.gif
I ordered from Neiman's online. I don't mind the wait---I have so many other new MU items that I haven't even touched. It gives us something wonderful to look forward to!

YarahFlower

[COLOR=0000FF] I ordered from Neiman's online.  I don't mind the wait---I have so many other new MU items that I haven't even touched.  It gives us something wonderful to look forward to![/COLOR]
Its a shame all the goods I have, but have not opened as of yet, smh...Perhaps my stash will hold me over until my TF haul comes...who am I kidding, I'm going to be thinking of nothing but this haul until it arrives!!! Nothing better than new makeup!!!! I'm a #junkie :help:

YarahFlower

[COLOR=0000FF]I love my Chanel cream blushes, especially after  learning how to wear them UNDER my foundation----they look so amazing that way.[/COLOR]
UNDER?! Oh my...Medgal07, I think you have just changed my whole life! I must give this a try!!!

Ernie

[COLOR=0000FF]I love my Chanel cream blushes, especially after  learning how to wear them UNDER my foundation----they look so amazing that way.[/COLOR]
i think it might almost be like a pigmented highlighter. Tell me how you apply your cream blushes please.

Psych1

Under?? Look out now, I have a new makeup technique to try tomorrow! LOL Thanks for the tip!!

Medgal07

i think it might almost be like a pigmented highlighter. Tell me how you apply your cream blushes please.
I apply my cream blush after my primer, using a MAC 130 brush---the bristles are short and good for stippling the product. You can use your fingers if you prefer, I just prefer using a brush. Because you're wearing it under your foundation you don't have to be as precise. Likewise, if you think you've applied too much, you get to cover it with your foundation. I use a liquid foundation which works out well with this technique. I apply foundation everywhere and save the blush area for last---if you start with the blush area you might be too inclined to apply more foundation there and the blush won't show up. The difference in the appearance of the blush is amazing and gives a color-from-within look. I hope you'll try it and I'd love to hear what you think.

Psych1

I preordered from NM.com today bc of the GC event, especially since there were other items I needed to order from them already. (Now I'll have to call & cancel my preorder at the counter). But I wonder why the ship date is May 4 when the collection is expected to arrive at the counters next week? I'm assuming they're overshooting the date as they typically do with preorder items)?

Ernie

[COLOR=0000FF]   Oh me too.  I purchased a Dior blush, a YSL baby Doll Kiss & Blush & Touche Eclat, two Bobbi Brown shimmer brick highlighters, A MJ lipstick, Armani lipstick and a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   couple of NPs this week [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]alone.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR]:eek:hboy: [COLOR=0000FF]   This technique is absolutely[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]life c[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]hanging, and I found out about it right here on Specktra.  I always feared cream blush and made an absolute mess of it until I started [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   wearing it under my [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]foundation.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]I apply my cream blush after my primer, using a MAC 130 brush---the bristles are short and good for stippling the product.  You can use your fingers if you prefer, I just prefer using a brush.  Because you're wearing it under your foundation you don't have to be as precise.  Likewise, if you think you've applied too much, you get to cover it with your foundation.  I use a liquid foundation which works out well with  this technique.  I apply foundation everywhere and save the blush area for last---if you start with the blush area you might be too inclined to apply more foundation there and the blush won't show up.  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]The difference in the appearance of the blush is amazing and gives a color-from-within look.  I hope you'll try it and I'd love to hear what you think.[/COLOR]
thanks so much Meddy, can't wait to try this! :bouquet:

Medgal07

But I wonder why the ship date is May 4 when the collection is expected to arrive at the counters next week? I'm assuming they're overshooting the date as they typically do with preorder items)?
That would be nice if they are, but it's not at all unusual for counters to get the product before it goes up on the web site.