Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

hitchcockblonde

Oh and I bough one half of "the uniform" last month. I love So Vain! It's really unique to my collection, in some lights it looks more mauve and in others it looks more plum but thankfully not too vampy for me. The glitter is nice too!
8078ff56_image.jpeg

Sugar & Spice

Oh that's great the boys are perm for those that need a less expensive option but can still have the TF experience.

I personally prefer men so no interest in the boys, so I'll continue to wait for the new mattes.

GreenEyedAllie

Oh and I bough one half of "the uniform" last month. I love So Vain! It's really unique to my collection, in some lights it looks more mauve and in others it looks more plum but thankfully not too vampy for me. The glitter is nice too!
8078ff56_image.jpeg
I still love So Vain so much! Wore it today, in fact. Such a nice mild/soft fall color to break up the berries and reds.

maeonsaturday

Has anyone else been receiving chipped or scraped TF lipsticks from the department stores lately? At least 3 of my TF lipsticks came chipped at the top. And look at my Misbehaved. :-( It's just so much hassle to return it and wait for an exchange coz of the international shipping for me.

Medgal07

Has anyone else been receiving chipped or scraped TF lipsticks from the department stores lately? At least 3 of my TF lipsticks came chipped at the top. And look at my Misbehaved. :-( It's just so much hassle to return it and wait for an exchange coz of the international shipping for me.

I think Misbehaved was one of the last TF lippies that I purchased several weeks ago and it was perfect. Several brands have been having various issues with their
lipsticks. I don't recall ever hearing so much about broken lipsticks and chipped lipsticks before now.

ohboy.gif

ashievic

Unless they are berry/purple darker colors. I have trouble with picking shades with Mr. Ford. His lighter colors on me pull more orange/coral on me then they appear in the bullet. I love his formula, but his shades can be tricky for Pink Casper. As for the dents, to me, and I will own I am not a scientist, to have a dent like that it had to be twisted up in the tube, then damaged. Based on, if the cylinder of the container is smooth, even if the actual lipstick got loose, how would it get the mark???

OK, you brainiacs who I am in awe of, please share what you think.....It is not like butter softened is in a cardboard box that can be crushed. Metal unless sat on by Dumbo would not bend. To me this look like returns and resold. Which at least in Illinois I think is not allowed. Unless there is a seal that is still in place. Oh, the testers not being the same size. Love you dearly Ms. Monsy, but next time look at the size of the Chanel d"Ombre tester and compare to the size you actually purchase. The tester is smaller. I agree this is not always the case. But for some products it is.

KiKi Kontour

i would take it back becuz these lippies cost too much to not be delivered with perfection! Plus my OCD wouldn't let it stay lol

ashievic

Ms Kiki, you do understand OCD in our world stands for Obsessed Cosmetic Disorder???? Yes, I have made the medical world aware of this.....

GreenEyedAllie

Maybe send them the pic and see what they're willing to do (meaning partial refund or gift card if you would rather not return it).
[COLOR=0000FF]   Absolutely beautiful on you.  I love So Vain too but I haven't touched it since I purchased CL Imperia[/COLOR]:eyelove:  [COLOR=0000FF]One of my new loves.[/COLOR]
Which is why I won't buy that one til I've used SV a lot! Haha!