Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

mkoparanova

After all these reports about the lipsticks turning I was thinking that the thinking of TF launching as Permanent the line of Lips and Boys serves not only marketing purposes but also covers up in a way the problem of the already permanent line of his lipsticks.firstly you buy a mini lipstick in half the price of the full one, you get use of it sooner since it is less product so until it turns you have used the biggest amount of product but you bought it cheaper so you don't care and thirdly you get a huge variety in colors and hues in a purse friendly size. Otherwise, Why should TF make them permanent ?
I think this is the main reason. And you actually get more product in the boys. On the other hand, 2 of mine started smelling off after only 5 months, so unless you own only one lipstick, I don't think you can use it up.

I just noticed that First time is £42 ($65) here
ohboy.gif

Medgal07

I think this is the main reason. And you actually get more product in the boys. On the other hand, 2 of mine started smelling off after only 5 months, so unless you own only one lipstick, I don't think you can use it up.

I just noticed that First time is £42 ($65) here
ohboy.gif
Yeah---pay more for poor quality!

ashievic

Has anyone tried the lash tips mascara? I'm very intrigued by the gold for holiday parties.
Yes, I own both colors. If you purchased the Chanel bronze from Holiday 2013, it is basically the same. Use the blackest mascara you own, let it set, then do several layers of the gold over the tips. Obviously, let it dry between layers. A pain, but it does look cool when you do it. I am in Sedona, bad service. When I get back to home base, I will swatch Drake and post.

ryan-eh

Yes, I own both colors. If you purchased the Chanel bronze from Holiday 2013, it is basically the same. Use the blackest mascara you own, let it set, then do several layers of the gold over the tips. Obviously, let it dry between layers. A pain, but it does look cool when you do it. I am in Sedona, bad service. When I get back to home base, I will swatch Drake and post.
Awesome, thanks! I do not have the Chanel bronze--in 2013 I basically just bought MAC haha. I'm going to pick up some new types of mascara in the Nordstrom 2 + 1 sale, so I'll look for something to go with this.

Sedona, Arizona? I hope it is gorgeous!

ashievic

No clue if it is true, but I recall Nordy's was no longer doing the "Mascara Madness" sale. Yes, Sedona, AZ. Cold, beautiful, bad reception, ugh.

Vineetha

No clue if it is true, but I recall Nordy's was no longer doing the "Mascara Madness" sale. Yes, Sedona, AZ. Cold, beautiful, bad reception, ugh.
They have one going on right now till 7th in stores only! Got the invite from my local nordstrom yesterday!

KiKi Kontour

i think for xmas im gonna finally treat myself to a TF shadow palette and I've had my eyes on Nude Dip for a loooong time YET I hear about Cognac Sable quite often! EEEK!! which one should I start with? I'm just soooo done wit the lippies even tho im a glutton for punishment n want cocoa ravish! I'll just stick to getting my TF from nordies that way when they go bad I can just return em lol. This is just saddening to hear of such an expensive brand to kick out poor quality **le sigh** he needs to reformulate or something cuz this is ridick!!
rant.gif

Medgal07

i think for xmas im gonna finally treat myself to a TF shadow palette and I've had my eyes on Nude Dip for a loooong time YET I hear about Cognac Sable quite often! EEEK!! which one should I start with? I'm just soooo done wit the lippies even tho im a glutton for punishment n want cocoa ravish! I'll just stick to getting my TF from nordies that way when they go bad I can just return em lol. This is just saddening to hear of such an expensive brand to kick out poor quality **le sigh** he needs to reformulate or something cuz this is ridick!!
rant.gif
You either love or hate Nude Dip---I happen to LOVE it. I also LOVE Cognac Sable. If I were you I would first get the palette that I would get the most use from. Then I'd
get the other---point being, both are great palettes and I think you would enjoy enjoy both. I agree about the lipsticks---I'm so over it and will NEVER but another unless
the issue is addressed and resolved.

ashievic

Got Mama to take pics, not that any of you think I might be lying, but here is the receipt showing I did purchase Drake, not given by an insider, and the swatch and stuff

Latest posts