Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Sabrunka

I seem to be having issues with my sphinx! It's a gorgeous color but I cant get it to settle nicely on my eyes. First of all, if I apply it on its own it seems that the color doesn't stand out as well (and my capillaries poke through). So I decided to apply my UD primer, then a thin coat of foundation to even my skintone, then I applied sphinx and it creased a bit within half an hour. Also, it seems that regardless of what I do, the color on my actual lid fades while it stands out in the inner and outer corners. Ugh.

Winthrop44

I seem to be having issues with my sphinx! It's a gorgeous color but I cant get it to settle nicely on my eyes. First of all, if I apply it on its own it seems that the color doesn't stand out as well (and my capillaries poke through). So I decided to apply my UD primer, then a thin coat of foundation to even my skintone, then I applied sphinx and it creased a bit within half an hour. Also, it seems that regardless of what I do, the color on my actual lid fades while it stands out in the inner and outer corners. Ugh.

This is not a popular opinion (to say the least) but I did not like Sphinx. On my skintone (pale with yellow undertones) it just looked like a glitterbomb with very little color and what color there was I did not care for on me unfortunately. It does look beautiful in the pot though.

Last edited:

ashievic

Caviar is the darker one, and here are the colors of the new lip patents. Yes, more colors will be coming probably in the fall/holiday 2016. Yes, there will be some nudes. I have found if I use the Dior clear lip liner, no feathering issues for me. IMG_0043.jpg IMG_0087.JPG

ashievic

I use sphinx in the inner corner of eye or for a highlight. I use the TF concealer brush to apply. I love it for a tiny touch. Or the Chanel tiny flat brush, can't remember the #, sorry.....I also mix sphinx with another shade such as the burnish copper and it is a nice look.

ashievic

In the pic I posted, it is comparing Black Oyster (heavy swap) to Caviar (only 2 swaps). Sorry if there was confusion.

ThatGaze

I am sure it is written many times but could someone maybe help and tell me which quads are being discontinued?
I might have to pick up a few of them before they disappear. Thanks in advance.

TraceyMc

I am sure it is written many times but could someone maybe help and tell me which quads are being discontinued?
I might have to pick up a few of them before they disappear. Thanks in advance.

Cognac Sable , Sahara Haze , Ice Queen and Lilac Lust are being discontinued ;)

Icecaramellatte

Caviar is the darker one, and here are the colors of the new lip patents. Yes, more colors will be coming probably in the fall/holiday 2016. Yes, there will be some nudes. I have found if I use the Dior clear lip liner, no feathering issues for me. View attachment 52297 View attachment 52298

Great to hear that more colors are coming. Really like the idea of nudes even though I have a hard time finding one that is easy to wear. I'm crazy over Ravageur. Trying to decide on the next one to get.

Vineetha

Golden Peach and Naked bronze are up
on Nordstrom on back order with a ship date of apr 8!! (Part of summer collection)

TraceyMc

Thanks! Not one more? (since they release five)

No I think Honeymoon was just a new release in the wet dry formulae like Nude Dip , they are apparently going to be a few new wet dry formulae quads released in the Fall from TF but I think they may be Ltd Ed ones .

karlaedith

Golden Peach and Naked bronze are up
on Nordstrom on back order with a ship date of apr 8!! (Part of summer collection)
Thats great news, im happy for those who wanted them and miss them out, they dold out so fast along with the pink glow palette(which i couldnt get my hands on:() i have GP and NB and they are absolutely amazing, worth every penny IMO.. Im considering getting the mightnight sea one

Latest posts