Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

RuLaRu

Hey Kittens ! Long time since i posted, Hope your all well !.

So my negligee lipstick from fall 2014 has started to smell and taste (on the lips..im not eating it haha) like a cheap lipstick...im very sad however Iv grown to like the shade less and less so its not a huge loss :rolleyes:

My local Tom Ford are holding a ticketed members event next week that iv been invited to, anyone need to know about anything ? i can ask any questions you have about the summer collection too :thumbsup:

franlynne

I don't think it depends on the shade. How long did Blush Nude last? I've purchased my first TF lipstick 6 months ago (I have five of them now), and I'm starting checking the older ones almost everyday now...
My Blush Nude lasted about a year and a half, if I remember correctly. Never paid to much attention to it because I have very pigmented lips, with very pale skin and it looked horrible on me. I have no idea why I ever bought it! Chalk it up to temporary insanity.

Monsy

My local Tom Ford are holding a ticketed members event next week that iv been invited to, anyone need to know about anything ? i can ask any questions you have about the summer collection too :thumbsup:

i would like to know about the new shade of bronzer coming out

starletta8

So my negligee lipstick from fall 2014 has started to smell and taste (on the lips..im not eating it haha) like a cheap lipstick...im very sad however Iv grown to like the shade less and less so its not a huge loss :rolleyes:

My Negligee is one of the ones starting to turn, too.

Prettypackages

Anyone else here having problems with Lips and Boys turning? I just discovered 14 of mine (hangs my head in shame) some not even used or swatched starting to smell rancid! I am really embarrassed to take them back but I also don't want $490+ tax to go in the trash. I should have thought of this when I went crazy buying them. Any suggestions on what to do?

Yeah we talked about this early on. Was thus the first or second set?

Prettypackages

I'm on my phone and don't want to go back and quote, but I'm noticing that nordies has a customer service desk where you can do returns and you don't have to go up to the makeup cointer. I've noticed at the two by me.

tobysmama

Indian Rose, sable smoke and Casablanca were the first 3 of the regular sizes I noticed to turn rancid. The Lips and Boys i got is the most recent one from nov 2015 that's why I was so bummed. I returned them and told my SA that I just couldn't justify keeping them and not even being able to use them because I'm not going to use rancid lipsticks.

tobysmama

I'm also wondering- would an SA know who returned what if a customer returns an item if returned to a different store ?I know Nordies takes their commission back that's why instead of returning I just usually try to switch stuff but sometimes I just don't feel like doing that.

I'm on my phone and don't want to go back and quote, but I'm noticing that nordies has a customer service desk where you can do returns and you don't have to go up to the makeup cointer. I've noticed at the two by me.

Shars

My Negligee is one of the ones starting to turn, too.

Funny, my Negligee is one of the ones which has started to turn. I had it for a couple months and never even used or swatched it and went to wear it one day and noticed it smelled slightly of crayons. I'm really annoyed because it is such a beautiful colour and these TF lippies are not cheap!

Kaidan

All this talk about the TF lipsticks going bad is the only reason why I haven’t bothered buying one despite some tempting colors coughthelipsticksandboyscough. For the price and brand, they shouldn’t expire so fast in less than a year. :( His perfumes, face products, brushes, and eye shadows (the wet/dry formula) however, I'm willing to invest since the quality is there-still overhyped imo- but some are worth it.

Last edited:

Monsy

so bronze age is the new shade of the bronzer. excited to see how it compares to other two in terms of color

ryan-eh

Even I never ever use the blue, I may still have to get this! It looks too good on you!

I used it once, lightly, in the crease of the eye and it's pretty but because at work lately I'm wearing moss and olive with some khaki accents I tend to only use the other three shades. Have to think of a look with that blue.
Wore the palette again today with no creasing, wow .

JerseyGirl

I'm very tempted by the contouring compact. It looks so pretty on the web-site. Has anyone seen swatches anywhere? I tried searching for anything and nothing about that one showed up.