Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

ryan-eh

The colors are the same, and the formula has not changed. Use the TF concealer brush to apply, less is more, build up slowly, use your finger to blend it out. I took my original Spice and Platinum to the store and compared them. Exactly the same. As for less product, really??? How many have hit the glass with these? A dot literally does the entire eye. Do store upside down with the lid on tight, and not in direct sunlight or a bathroom.

Store upside down? I've been doing everything wrong :p

ashievic

All the Chanel d'ombre, MAC fluid line, pretty much semi liquid vs, dry powder in a jar should always be stored upside down, to keep the top section from drying out. Bathrooms temp can wreck havoc on all makeup. As can direct sun light. Yes, I even do this for the cream blushes from TF and Chanel in compact form and the TF contour/highlighter compacts. The one cream blush from Chanel I forgot and stored for months right side up in now sort of dried out, pills, but since it was a LE, I hang onto it....

MaryJane

All the Chanel d'ombre, MAC fluid line, pretty much semi liquid vs, dry powder in a jar should always be stored upside down, to keep the top section from drying out. Bathrooms temp can wreck havoc on all makeup. As can direct sun light. Yes, I even do this for the cream blushes from TF and Chanel in compact form and the TF contour/highlighter compacts. The one cream blush from Chanel I forgot and stored for months right side up in now sort of dried out, pills, but since it was a LE, I hang onto it....

Interesting. I have never heard that storing those products upside down will keep the top layer from drying out. Not sure how it makes any difference (upside down, right side up) as long as they are sealed tightly. I don't store any of my gel liners, cream eyeshadows upside down and I've never had a problem with them drying out unless the lid wasn't sealed.

I guess it's worth trying anything to keep an expensive product from drying out.

ashievic

Any one who has endured coking school, is taught to store sour cream upside down. Guess the same thought applies to makeup. Which in a way makes sense....

GreenEyedAllie

Interesting. I have never heard that storing those products upside down will keep the top layer from drying out. Not sure how it makes any difference (upside down, right side up) as long as they are sealed tightly. I don't store any of my gel liners, cream eyeshadows upside down and I've never had a problem with them drying out unless the lid wasn't sealed.

I guess it's worth trying anything to keep an expensive product from drying out.

Any one who has endured coking school, is taught to store sour cream upside down. Guess the same thought applies to makeup. Which in a way makes sense....

Yeah, anyone in microbio, too....agar plates we incubate upside down stay more moist and last longer than those right-side up.

Still am bad about doing it with my makeup, though....

ashievic

I knew one of scientists would be able to explain far better then me why to store upside down!!!! Thanks for the help!!!! Still can't get emails for postings. Have done all the steps and it keeps flipping back to no emails, ugh....

clidre

I can't decide between CT Jean and TF Opale. Does anyone with fair-light skin have both? Which one do you prefer? I swatched Opale, but I found it glittery, so there wasn't love at first sight...

hitchcockblonde

I can't decide between CT Jean and TF Opale. Does anyone with fair-light skin have both? Which one do you prefer? I swatched Opale, but I found it glittery, so there wasn't love at first sight...

Here is my comparison swatch of the two. I'm cooler toned and I personally prefer Opale. If you're warmer toned I think Jean would work better for you.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

GreenEyedAllie

My Sphinx arrived yesterday. I'm not quite sure what to do with it. It's gorgeous and unlike anything I have, so I'm happy to have it. It just looked weird on its own on my lids, so I used a little Naked Bronze (Spice) with it to help.

ashievic

Own both, and depends if you want a fluffy formula or a creamy formula. To me the colors are really close. For the sphinx issue. I use it to add some jazz to darker color. Plays well with CT fat pencil shadows. I use just a dap on the inner eye or the center lid. Yes, I am super fair and love both CT and TF.

tobysmama

Anyone else here having problems with Lips and Boys turning? I just discovered 14 of mine (hangs my head in shame) some not even used or swatched starting to smell rancid! I am really embarrassed to take them back but I also don't want $490+ tax to go in the trash. I should have thought of this when I went crazy buying them. Any suggestions on what to do?

Last edited:

DMcG9

Anyone else here having problems with Lips and Boys turning? I just discovered 14 of mine (hangs my head in shame ������������������) some not even used or swatched starting to smell rancid! I am really embarrassed to take them back but I also don't want $490+ tax to go in the trash. I should have thought of this when I went crazy buying them. Any suggestions on what to do?

I'd take the entire lot back together. Who cares about shame when it is clear that there is something wrong with the formula across several different colour batches? That's a lot of $ spent on product that should've lasted a lot longer.

elegant-one

Oh my goodness noooooo! I will do a smell test of all mine tomorrow! I would definitely take them back. TF needs to get a grip on this. They are waaay too pricey to have this happen.

tobysmama

I'd take the entire lot back together. Who cares about shame when it is clear that there is something wrong with the formula across several different colour batches? That's a lot of $ spent on product that should've lasted a lot longer.

i thought of that and I actually have 32 of them as I wanted to have the whole set but went against it because some colors didn't work for me. I guess what I'm saying is I feel bad for the SA and the embarrassment of going there to say it didn't work out. I don't want her to be mad at me- she always talks about losing her commission etc so I don't want to put her in a bad spot. I'm so frustrated now that I just want to sent them all off! What would you all do ladies?

tobysmama

Can I get trouble for returning 14 TF lips and boys? I mean I purchased all of them at Nordies, stickers are still in the box- not lying but is few of them I swatched on my hand but that shouldn't affect it right?

elegant-one

Can I get trouble for returning 14 TF lips and boys? I mean I purchased all of them at Nordies, stickers are still in the box- not lying but is few of them I swatched on my hand but that shouldn't affect it right?

Nordies is really great with returns! As long as you have proof/receipt it is never an issue returning product, especially when you tell them why.

elegant-one

i thought of that and I actually have 32 of them as I wanted to have the whole set but went against it because some colors didn't work for me. I guess what I'm saying is I feel bad for the SA and the embarrassment of going there to say it didn't work out. I don't want her to be mad at me- she always talks about losing her commission etc so I don't want to put her in a bad spot. I'm so frustrated now that I just want to sent them all off! What would you all do ladies?

Take them back. It's not your fault & the SA will have to understand.