Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

GreenEyedAllie

Whoever described the Afternooner trio as softly pretty was spot on. It's such a lovely soft, subtle glowing combo. I mean subtle here as a compliment.

I do not have Gold Dust, but from what I remember from swatching a couple months ago, it is not the same at all. More shimmery and beige. The trio bronzer has some reddish tones and little-to-no visible/obvious shimmer.

The highlight shade is fantastic. I don't have any Hourglass powders, but this seems along those lines based on descriptions and swatches I've seen. It truly does the melting into your face, glow from within thing.

The blush is the least exciting for me. I don't have any immediate dupes, but it seems very dupable. That said, it is pretty and hard to overdo, so it makes a great daily/work-friendly shade.

I'm happy I kept it and broke into it. :) Can't wait for my Bicoastal to grace me with its presence.

JerseyGirl

I agree with your description of Afternooner. I haven't had a chance to post but I wore it the last few days and it does not disappoint. It looks really pretty - I like having bronzer, blush, and highlighter all together. I agree, the blush is hard to overdo and the highlighter is pretty and subtle.

GreenEyedAllie

I agree with your description of Afternooner. I haven't had a chance to post but I wore it the last few days and it does not disappoint. It looks really pretty - I like having bronzer, blush, and highlighter all together. I agree, the blush is hard to overdo and the highlighter is pretty and subtle.

Like button! (<-This is what I'm going to do now until we have one again, haha)

Monsy

I am not feeling the cream blushes. They are very sheer and will show up as a blush/cheek color only on lighter skin. I assume as a nice glow on medium and darker. I tried to layer it a bit more to get more color and ended up looking like a clown. Then I had to struggle to tone it down. It is thick and hard to blend (tried multiple brushes and with fingers). I am far far from impressed. I need product to work like easy breezy for that price tag. You can get the same color/effect with much less "making it work" from Nars multiples in Orgasm and south beach (or even Maldives which is less yellow more neutral).
They only thing that impressed me with these is the packaging. That's all.

Vineetha

I am not feeling the cream blushes. They are very sheer and will show up as a blush/cheek color only on lighter skin. I assume as a nice glow on medium and darker. I tried to layer it a bit more to get more color and ended up looking like a clown. Then I had to struggle to tone it down. It is thick and hard to blend (tried multiple brushes and with fingers). I am far far from impressed. I need product to work like easy breezy for that price tag. You can get the same color/effect with much less "making it work" from Nars multiples in Orgasm and south beach (or even Maldives which is less yellow more neutral).
yeah the tackiness and how it works best on bare skin are the reason I didn't get this year's shade!!a beauty blender is how it applies best over foundation without moving it around! not my fav cream blush formula!

Monsy

yeah the tackiness and how it works best on bare skin are the reason I didn't get this year's shade!!a beauty blender is how it applies best over foundation without moving it around! not my fav cream blush formula!

meh... it will go back for sure

hitchcockblonde

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Makes me feel better about deciding to skip the cheek colors again this year.

maeonsaturday

Which shade did you get?

GreenEyedAllie

I actually really like Pink Sand, but I'm very pale, so the color shows. It is very tacky. I use small amounts and build up slowly. It's a more work-intensive cream blush for sure.

elegant-one

I got the Soleil palette today & it turns yellow/orange-ish on me :( If I use the coral blush over it, it gets even more orange. I do love the blush by itself. I also got Les Mepris ls & its very very pretty on.

GreenEyedAllie

I got the Soleil palette today & it turns yellow/orange-ish on me :( If I use the coral blush over it, it gets even more orange. I do love the blush by itself. I also got Les Mepris ls & its very very pretty on.

Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry! :(

Would love to see Les Mepris on you. Strongly contemplating that one.