Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

NYCBeautyJunkie

[COLOR=0000FF] Enjoy NYCBJ!!!  That Tom Ford cream foundation brush 02 is insane isn't it!!!  I hope the foundation etc., is perm---I'd love to try them when I'm done with [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   my current stock of foundation.[/COLOR]
I was told the foundation is permanent, so you're good! I'm excited to put all these products (and that gorgeous brush) to use tomorrow!!

Haven

I am tempted to order the new foundation b/c it is supposed to provide more coverage & staying power than the original. I like the original traceless when I first apply it, but it seems to melt/wear off throughout the day. I will try to be good, however, and use up foundations that I already have first.

mel33t

What do you guys think of the brushes? I've been looking at the big powder brush and a few eye brushes. I don't have many Tom Ford products tbh. I have the brow pencil which I love and I had the blush in Love Lust but felt the staying power was weak and am giving it away. I am interested in the brushes though

Icecaramellatte

Both Saks and Bloomingdales has them in store
smiles.gif
Bloomingdale's in Soho? I was just there a week ago and they told me the end of August. Maybe they meant the Color Collection. Thanks.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Yep, it's the Bloomingdales in Soho. To be fair, when I got the products Saturday, the MUA told me they had gotten them just 2 days before, so looks like they got it earlier than expected. They could've been talking about the color collection though, as SAKS also said late August/early September for that release.

Haven

Has anyone seen the foundation ingredients or shade swatches, or even a list of shades from light to dark? The way NM displays them is useless. I can't tell which is the lightest or anything about the undertones. Oh well I guess I don't need to worry about shades until I see the ingredients anyway.

ETA: Here are the ingredients. The lavender oil and linalool make it a no-go for me.

http://www.drugs.com/otc/130808/traceless-perfecting-foundation-broad-spectrum-spf-15.html
I was told that the 3 lightest shades are: Cream (lightest), Rosewood, and Buff. I was also told that the shade names of the old foundation and new product do not necessarily correspond. Shade X in one may not be the same color as Shade X in the other.

I don't know the complete list of shades. I tend to be within the lighter range, so that was the info shared with me.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I was told that the 3 lightest shades are: Cream (lightest), Rosewood, and Buff. I was also told that the shade names of the old foundation and new product do not necessarily correspond. Shade X in one may not be the same color as Shade X in the other.

I don't know the complete list of shades. I tend to be within the lighter range, so that was the info shared with me.
Agreed; the shades aren't the same, at least not for me in the darker range. Warm Almond is lighter in the new formulation than the former. I can only speak on behalf of the darker shades, though.

Winthrop44

Thank you ladies. Looking forward to hearing how people like the foundation and the concealers. On Nordstrom the lightest shade in the new foundation (Cream) looks darker than the lightest in the old one (Alabaster), but it could just be their swatches.

Medgal07

I don't have many Tom Ford products tbh. I have the brow pencil which I love and I had the blush in Love Lust but felt the staying power was weak and am giving it away. I am interested in the brushes though
The brushes are insanely luxurious. The only one that I can't rave about is the shade & illuminate brush (04).
It does the job but it's nothing special, nor is it very versatile. On the other hand, the bronzer (05), cream
foundation (02) & cheek (06) brushes are AMAZING! I have not yet tried any of the TF eye brushes.

Haven

My plan is to wait for reviews & swatches of the new foundation & pen before I rush to buy anything. Let's see how strong my willpower really is.....

NYCBeautyJunkie

So, I'm sad to say that I don't think I'll be keeping either base product! Not because they aren't good; the foundation has such a soft, skin satin matte finish that is incredibly natural and flattering. However, I'm between colors due to my tan (Warm Almond in this formula would work in the winter, whereas Chestnut has a cool/neutral undertone that makes my skin look slightly off/gray.) In regards to the concealer (I bought DEEP), it has a nice creamy texture that isn't too emollient, nor is it drying... however, the color is too warm/yellow for the purpose I intended on using it for (subtle under-eye highligting/brightening and brightening other areas of the face). It's more yellow/beige and darker than my HG concealer, NARS Amande and though the SA had actually recommended I get the medium deep, it was too bright for my liking. Only item I'm really LOVING is that cream foundation brush, lol.

Question about cream foundation brush (02): For those using it for liquid foundations, do you have any tips/tricks? I love how it buffs the product out but I feel as though it's natural hair is absorbing a lot of it?

Medgal07

So, I'm sad to say that I don't think I'll be keeping either base product! Not because they aren't good; the foundation has such a soft, skin satin matte finish that is incredibly natural and flattering. However, I'm between colors due to my tan (Warm Almond in this formula would work in the winter, whereas Chestnut has a cool/neutral undertone that makes my skin look slightly off/gray.) In regards to the concealer (I bought DEEP), it has a nice creamy texture that isn't too emollient, nor is it drying... however, the color is too warm/yellow for the purpose I intended on using it for (subtle under-eye highligting/brightening and brightening other areas of the face). It's more yellow/beige and darker than my HG concealer, NARS Amande and though the SA had actually recommended I get the medium deep, it was too bright for my liking. Only item I'm really LOVING is that cream foundation brush, lol.

Question about cream foundation brush (02): For those using it for liquid foundations, do you have any tips/tricks? I love how it buffs the product out but I feel as though it's natural hair is absorbing a lot of it?
Sorry those items didn't quite work out for you!

I put only small amounts of foundation on the brush and stipple (fast pats) and swirl/buff the product. The brush
is pretty dense and absorbent which is why I use only small amounts of foundation at a time.

Sugar & Spice

Okay curiosity has got the best of me, so I'm going to go have my face done with the new foundation and I'll check out the concealer pen too.

Update: The foundation is amazing! I have a perfect match even better than my YSL and I didn't even think that was possible, so I'm certainly going to get the foundation. The concealer pen didn't do anything for me, I'll stick with Nars creamy concealer for my correcting needs.