Too funny... Mean Girls? LOL...

Shimmer

When you wear a uniform you accept the responsibility and code of conduct that goes with it. *shrug*
They knew their code of conduct when they became cheerleaders...so...I can't say I really feel bad for them.

amoona

That's pathetic ... only a 15 day suspension? Those girls should have been kicked off the team and their parents should have been forced to care. If they want to disrespect themselves by acting like lil brats then that's fine. For them to disrespect their coach and do all those horrible things to her is wrong.

I'm not even that old (I'm ONLY 20) and in my high school if you pulled that kind of crap you would have been expelled soooooo fast. I don't see high school (or school in general) as a place to socialize and have fun, that comes after education. Respecting your teachers, coachs and authority figures comes along with all of that.

Shimmer

they had like five coaches in three months.

I don't think it's too much to expect of a group to behave a certain way.

Shimmer

That's the fault of the parents, and the school district for not enforcing the rules.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
That's the fault of the parents, and the school district for not enforcing the rules.

I totally agree. I know people from high school that weren't the best student or even a good role model or influence but respect for the school and the teachers was something that was inforced at my school.

Being immature is something that is common amongst children, that much is obvious ... however it's the obligation of their parents to shape their maturity. The parents bitching at the school district for being too strick is silly. And people wonder why teenagers are so wild these days. As much as we all hate rules, they have to be enforced especially when you're shaping the lives and character of young people.

Everyone, not just young people, can be easily influenced. These girls should be having people influence them in the right way. They should know that they can't get away with whatever they want and act a fool and be disrespect to figures of authority. It's like we discussed in a past thread about how people have no respect for cops and stuff. You have to have someone who has told you to respect people so that you know it's the right thing to do.

I can admit people in high school influenced me a lot, but I'm glad that they did because I feel like they influenced me in the right way. I surrounded myself by friends who did positive things with their lives. And the friends I had who would drink and do drugs, well they influenced me as well. They taught me that they are NOT the person I want to become.

This is exactly why my mother sent me to Catholic school from Elementary School until High School and ALL my cousins went too. She knew that because their teaching ideals where based from religious beliefs (and trust me my school was) I would mold into a well mannered person who was able to make the right decisions in life. My cousin even sends her kids to private school, she sends them to an Islamic Academy in Las Vegas (how ironic lol) because she doesn't want them to be influenced in making the wrong decisions so early. She wants them to learn what's right before she sends them out into the real world. Then they can make their own decisions.

Raerae

I just think it's funny how it took pictures of the girls pretending to give a candle penis felacio. I mean c'mon, they were describing the photo's like comething from girls gone wild. Oh no, a girl in a bikini drinking. Oh no, some panties (as if we dont see other girls thongs on a daily basis). At least they were IN a condom shop. Chances are the girls were having sex too, at least they know where to buy protection. Kids do the darndest things these days! No one in my highschool EVER did that stuff while I attended!
rofl.gif

If anything more and more people are finally learning how visible things like MySpace, and Live Journal, and even photo's you post on fourms really are.

Once it's posted, it public domain really. I woulnd't be surprised if you see more and more articles like this one. Parents never saw the photo's before, because they were stashed away in secret places. But MySpace is no longer a secret place.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
too strick is silly. And people wonder why teenagers are so wild these days.

Teens aren't any wilder now then they were when I was in HS. It's just more visible now with the advances in technology. Things like MySpace and U-Tube and Camera Phones/Digital Cameras weren't availible. All those types of photo's there talking about existed when I was in school, (and probably before as well), they were just actual pictures, instead of just digital photo's.

Quote:
She wants them to learn what's right before she sends them out into the real world. Then they can make their own decisions.

Translation: There going to go wild and crazy once there finished being overly protected and thrown out into the real world, with zero street smarts.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Teens aren't any wilder now then they were when I was in HS. It's just more visible now with the advances in technology. Things like MySpace and U-Tube and Camera Phones/Digital Cameras weren't availible. All those types of photo's there talking about existed when I was in school, (and probably before as well), they were just actual pictures, instead of just digital photo's.

Yea I agree, the things I see of young girls on Myspace is disgusting. And YouTube too, girls making videos of themselves shaking their asses?! If you're 18 and legal then do whatever you want, but if you're a young kid then that's when it becomes disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Translation: There going to go wild and crazy once there finished being overly protected and thrown out into the real world, with zero street smarts.

No actually far from it. They're not overly protected, they're being taught what is right at a young age. The oldest is only 8 years old. Like I said all of my cousins, and myself, went to private schools and we were taught what was right and what was wrong. Then when we were older we were given the choice of how we live our lives. None of us went wild and crazy. We're also very street smart, speaking for myself at least I am street smart. If you read the post carefully you would I have seen that I said my cousin wants to teach them what is right while they're young ... that way they're still willing to listen ... and then when they get into the real world they can make whatever decisions they want.

They're not being forced to sit in a house all day and have no communication with the real world. They just go to private school. My mother was a lot stricter on me, I couldn't do anything until I turned 18. Going to the mall after school or even to the movies was a big no-no. I never went wild and crazy. The one cousin I have who was allowed to do whatever she wanted and was not given rules was the one that went wild and crazy, and sadly she's still on that path.

mzcelaneous

Not to single you out amoona or anything like that, but going to private school doesn't necessarily mean your child will have the best judgement, is more educated, or will become more well-mannered than the children that go to public school. I just felt that tone and that you might be implying that :shrug:

I just had to speak my piece because I got into a heated argument with certain individuals who disapproved of my choice to enroll my daughter in public school and this was the main topic of conflict.

Shimmer

Well sure.
Let's just let the kids go buttwild.
They're only going to do it anyway.

Oh wait.

Kids ARE allowed to go butt wild.

And, it annoys every single person on this board when they see the little heathens out in public.
Not a single one of us wants to deal with someone else's bratty ass kids.
Guess where discipline starts?
At home.
Guess where maturity develops?
Within one's own self.

Guess who's responsible for raising their children to behave and respect themselves as well as others?
Parents.
It's not necessarily that kids push the envelope more today than they did 20-30 years ago, it's how far they're allowed to push the envelope.
Being a permissive parent doesn't = being a good parent.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcelaneous
Not to single you out amoona or anything like that, but going to private school doesn't necessarily mean your child will have the best judgement, is more educated, or will become more well-mannered than the children that go to public school. I just felt that tone and that you might be implying that :shrug:

I just had to speak my piece because I got into a heated argument with certain individuals who disapproved of my choice to enroll my daughter in public school and this was the main topic of conflict.

I didn't say that ... if you read my post you would have read that I stated in high school I had friends who were on the wrong path, they did drugs and drank. I said they influenced me because I didn't want to be like that.

mzcelaneous

Quote:
I didn't say that ... if you read my post you would have read that I stated in high school I had friends who were on the wrong path, they did drugs and drank. I said they influenced me because I didn't want to be like that.

Yes, I did read your post and yes, I know you didn't say that which is why I wrote:
Quote:
I just felt that tone and that you might be implying that :shrug:

I'm simply referring to your statement:
Quote:
My cousin even sends her kids to private school...because she doesn't want them to be influenced in making the wrong decisions so early.

Basically what I'm saying is: it doesn't matter if you go to private or public school, it's all about parenting and yes, the school district can take on some responsiblity.

Beauty Mark

The most reprehensible part of the article was that the girls were allowed to get away with the disrespect. The photos I think are trashy and should I ever have children or have custody of children, they will not be doing that.

Whatever the school's rules are in regards to what happens when you're in uniform should apply to them. It's standard with a club, because you represent the school.

amoona

Yea and what's wrong with that statement?! I wasn't saying that only private schools will influence her children to make the right decisions in life. I also didn't say it wasn't all about parenting. I said it was earlier in one of my posts. It doesn't seem that you fully understood what I was saying. Hope this clears it up.

Hawkeye

I have serious issues with these pathetic brats. Do not even get me started on how much teenagers like that annoy me. They want to grow up and are brats. It's the parents letting them have whatever they want.
Kids are allowed to get away with anything these days. We don't dicipline them and they always get a 2nd chance. F*CK the 2nd chances-dicipline them the first time guess what happens? It won't happen again.

Grr.