Top Drugstore Buys/ Bargain Basement Beauties?

LMD84

at the moment i am loving collection 2000 dazzle eye dust powders and the glitter eyeliners! both £3 each and really pigmented and last a while
smiles.gif

franken_stein

I don't have a whole list right now but I do want to mention L'Oreal Telescopic mascara! I have the Clean Definition Telescopic in Blackest Black and I felt it was worth mentioning because it seriously changed my view on mascara. I have such tiny eyes and lashes that I always thought that mascara never did anything for me. But the only ones I've ever really used was Clinique's free samples/giveaways. Those ones usually have the regular wands you usually see. But the Telescopic wand makes such a huge difference for me! It made me like mascara
smiles.gif

Pink_Puddleduck

GOSH Velvet Touch eyeliners £4.50 ish and Boots 17 volume mascara a bargainous £5 - i previously was a Too face Lash injection and Benefit bADgirl bADlash user ... no longer!

fakecake

Current d/s faves

1. Revlon Makeup Eraser Pen - excellent mistake fixer upper
2. L'Oreal infallible - Advance Never Fail Foundation - makes me oily after a few hours - I have never, ever had oily skin before....
3. L'Oreal infallible - powder
4. L'Oreal infallible - lip gloss
5. L'Oreal infallible - never fail lipstick --- I sense a theme here...
6. L'Oreal - Double Extend lash tubes mascara
7. ... I'll be back soon to add my last three items.

jenizzle

I bought more from my favourite brands last night!

Got a lipstick from Gosh' new collection.

Then spent the change on a few lipsticks and pencils from Essence. They have a purple collection out now and the purple and silver pencils in it look awesome, and they cost €2-€3
greengrin.gif

MizzVivaGlam

Revlon Colorstay is the best. The foundation,bronzer,shadows,eyeliner... It's all so high quality and just as good as my MAC stuff!

makababy

I have 2 things that I cannot be without lipstick and blush both from rimmel. I will go get the exact names and edit my post .

Edit: rimmel sweet stuff lipstick in dont look
rimmel blush in cheeky

Kragey

Most of my products are from independent companies or drugstores. :p So let's assume I could only pick 10 make-up products (not beauty or hair, LOL!), I would have to pick these 10, in no particular order:

1. L'oreal True Match foundation -- great medium-coverage foundation that's buildable or can be lighter coverage if used carefully. The "3 tone" sampler packs are GREAT for make-up kits, if you can find them...I have one in shade 2, which I use on myself in the neutral shade, and one in shade 5, which works well for medium-skinned models.

2. NYC liquid eyeliner -- I use this all the time. A super thin brush, which I like, and a bottle will last you foreeeeever!

3. Wet n' Wild blushes -- VERY limited color range, but the actual product is amazing for just $3 a blush. Buildable and beautiful!

4. CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara -- I actually don't own my own tube of this. I had to use my mother's make-up over Thanksgiving break, and I was especially upset about having to use her mascara, since she always buys "brown black" (even though all of the women in our family have jet black eyelashes...oi). But this has the creamiest formula and the best brush I've ever used! No clumps! And it volumized and lengthened AMAZINGLY! I'm buying my own tube ASAP. It's going to replace my L'oreal HIP mascara.
winks.gif

5. Jane lipsticks, the ones in the blue bullet packaging -- I've only owned a few colors, and I only have one in my posession right now, but I LOOOOVE! Great texture, staying power, and minty smell that never fades.

6. NYX single shadows -- my sister dragged me to a now-defunct drug store back when I was in high school to check these out. I bought a couple and fell madly in love! I haven't bought any more since, since the drug store closed down shortly thereafter and I've yet to order any more online, but I'm stocking up as soon as I can. And I don't even like pressed eyeshadows all that much!

7. TKB Trading pigments -- these aren't "drugstore," but they're definitely bargain basement. $1.50 for 1 teaspoon -- 1 TABLESPOON of awesome product? Um, SO THERE!

8. Max Factor 3D Lipfinity Max Wear -- I got these in an eBay lot shortly after the company's discontinuation in the US was announced, and holy crap, they are some of the best long-wearing lipsticks I've ever used! I haven't gotten to wear mine much, as I'm at home right now and have been sick for the past month or so, but I can't wait to break them out.
greengrin.gif

9. Artist's brushes -- Half of my make-up brushes are artist's brushes, and they are literally the same thing as a MAC brush, if not better. And for an absolute fraction of the price!

10. E.L.F pressed powder -- I bought tone 1 a quidzillion years ago, and it's been my favorite pressed powder for a while. It's not perfect--you need to buff it a good bit to get a less powdery look--but for the price and the coverage it provides, I'm all there. It's only recently been replaced by The She Space's Cashmere Stockings in level 1, and considering I've used the E.L.F powder for about 5 years now...well, that's saying something!

I have one of the Revlon "automatic" pencils, which I hate, and I've never tried the ColorStay foundation, but everybody keeps recommending those, so I guess I'll have to give them a try!

InspiredBlue

IsaDora lipglosses! I am currently using Express Star Gloss in Reflecting Peach, and I love love love this color. It gives me the perfect glossy nude lip.
smiles.gif

mirauk

My favourite drugstore buys (recent) have got to be...

GOSH Velvet lipstick in 'Darling'

and

Sleek palettes, yes all 4! I love them oh so much it's ridiculous!? How did I not know about this stuff??

Kismet29

1.Revlon Color stay in BUFF my favorite foundation for full full coverage it fills my pores and covers all discoloration especially when used with Primer

2. Monistat Anti chaffing gell used as a primer. It dries to a soft powdery finish and absorbs oil keeps my foundation on all day no smudging or budging!

3. Paladdio (sold at Sally Beauty Supply) I think I spelled it wrong but they have lip glosses that are fabulous! Really everything I have tried from them works awsome but the gloss and khol liner really rocks the liner is soo soft but not too soft and has tons of pigment!

4. CG shadow singles in Champagne. I have used this as my fave highlighter for years it a staple. When its is stock i buy all of them because I'm afraid they will discontinue or change the color.

5. Sally Hannsen Hard as nails top coat it keeps the polish on longer and makes my nails shine. The trick is to apply it when the polish is almost dry cause it isn't quick dry.

6. Mayballine Dream matte Mousse blush I love mouse blush period.

7. CG outlast lip sticks all of the permatone lipsticks are my go to lippies for work cause Idon't have to worry about re applying!

8. I love Wet and Wild for singles then I crush em up and mix new colors its a mad scientist thing I do. I also buy those cheap Bon Bon shadows that are in big bins. I love adding glitters and pressing them to create my own unique colors. I have actually duped a few MAC colors on accident
smiles.gif

9. Cheap sponges

10. Loreal Hip everything. If I am desperate for a new color or look and don't have the cash for MAC Lereal is my go to!

obscuria

Right now I am really liking the Revlon Photoready foundation. Also, at my CVS it's buy one get one free. Score!

And rohto eye drops for removing redness/irritation. This helps me hide my sleep deprivation.

BEA2LS

i love drugstore stuff
smiles.gif
here's my list..

1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation - HG
2. Revlon Lipsticks, I love their mattes
3. Sally Hansen Nail products - polishes, top coats, etc. I love them
4. Milani Blush
5. NYX Eyeshadows (i really want to try their lipsticks next)
6. Miliani Liquid Eye-liners
7. Covergirl eyeshadows - many are perfect for highlighters
8. E.L.F. make-up brushes
9. Essecne of Beauty Make up brushes
10. Neutrogena eye make up remover

Cydonian

1) CoverGirl CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer
2) Milani blush in Luminous
3) Milani lipglosses
4) Sally Hansen XTreme Wear nail polishes (generally $2.99, good range of colors)
4) Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks
5) Wet n Wild eyeshadow palettes
6) Revlon matte eyeshadows (singles)
7) Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara / Volume Maxx

dopalives

Rimmel Airy Fairy
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask
Cetaphil Cleansing Bar
Olay Daily Regenerating Serum
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara (WP)
Milani blush
Pond's cold cream (takes off EVERYTHING)
Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks
Tweezerman tweezers
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion (for my hands)