Top five dissapoinments from MAC 2011!

Haven

I saw this idea posted by Sequinzombie in another thread and thought that it might be interesting to discuss.

What were the top 5 most disappointing MAC products or collections for 2011?

My List is:

1. The rereleased infamous 226 brush that was nothing like the original
2. Lightscapade or should I say beigescapade
3. Evil eye quad - yes I do like it somewhat but it could be so much better!
4. Whoops - love, love, love the color but hate the formula
5. Big Bounce eye shadows

sss215

Surf Baby: from the promo pic to the MIA blush sticks, the horrible crushed pigment stacks that melted and were just awful and the collection just being run of the mill. I expected more. Marine Life is still the champ!

Big Bounce shadows... a big mess. This was the most editorial and non useful collection MAC has ever released!

So many MES. I'm just not a fan

PinkBasset

- Quite Cute collection with the exception of Play Time and Candy Yum Yum. Little Girl Type polish sucks, the quad was horrible (glad I didn't get it) and couple of the lipsticks were something beyond (I guess everybody already knows how much I hated Quite Cute lipstick ;) ). The glosses were uninspiring.

- Big Bounce shadows. I only liked Up The Ante! on top of a MES. The shelf life is so poor and the formula has issues.

- Wonder Woman collection. Huge disappointment.

- Cham Pale collection. Another disappointment.

- Glitter&Ice as a whole. I love the couple products I got from it, but for a such a huge collection it is a miss. I never seem to care much for the holiday stuff.

Sequinzombie

Potent fig - I love the color but the staying power is awful. Half wild p/p - I hate how it looks on me. Quite cute l/s - ughhh All the mes that came out because I don't like them. Lavender whip wasn't re-released.

PinkBasset

Lavender whip wasn't re-released.
I agree with you about the MES. I still don't get how popular for example the Semi-Precious ones were, I thought the majority of them were awful. I only liked couple. Saying this, I do think Mac has done a little better with some of the recent MES, earlier they were very, very bad.

PixieDancer

1. Miss Piggy "Collection" - As a Muppet fan & Miss Piggy fan specifically, I really think MAC could've taken this somewhere really creative and interesting. The pink eyeshadow under-performed in my opinion for it being the only unique to Miss Piggy product released. And overall it just seemed thrown together and not well thought out. And it could've been really awesome!

2. Big Bounce - I just never got them to work right, and I REALLY wanted to love them! I still haven't tried them with MES's like some suggested, but I don't feel I should have to try THAT HARD to like a product. And it didn't perform AT ALL as described!

3. Wonder Woman Eyeshadow Quads - Just a miss all the way around. Poor quality. Another example of how MAC knows something will sell based on poularity of a name instead of really hitting it out of the park with an amazing product to back up the name.

4. Surf Baby Collection's Saffron - I missed out on this shadow at it's first release. I was so excited to get it based on rave reviews. And it didn't perform like I imagined it would. And lots of people said the formula was different. UGH!

5. The Newer Release of the 226 - I grabbed 2 of these to backup my original because I love it THAT much... but, as MANY noticed, it wasn't the same form. VERY disappointed with that!

Haven

Oh I forgot about the Quite Cute collection LOL! If I had remembered it, then it would have made my list too. Probably would have stolen a spot from Whoops.
- Quite Cute collection with the exception of Play Time and Candy Yum Yum. Little Girl Type polish sucks, the quad was horrible (glad I didn't get it) and couple of the lipsticks were something beyond (I guess everybody already knows how much I hated Quite Cute lipstick ;) ). The glosses were uninspiring.

- Big Bounce shadows. I only liked Up The Ante! on top of a MES. The shelf life is so poor and the formula has issues.

- Wonder Woman collection. Huge disappointment.

- Cham Pale collection. Another disappointment.

- Glitter&Ice as a whole. I love the couple products I got from it, but for a such a huge collection it is a miss. I never seem to care much for the holiday stuff.

GlamQueen21

1. Wonder Woman Collection- That collection was disappointing and only got two items from that collection.

2. Big Bounce Shadows- I'm glad I skipped them.

3. Jeanius Collection- I'm glad I skipped that collection. It was too boring.

4. Some of the MES from Semi-Precious were very pretty and some of them were disappointing (i.e. Quartz Fusion. Glitter bomb mess).

5. Saffron e/s from Surf Baby. I should've got Saffron from Mickey Contractor Collection.

geeko

hmmm

For me it has to be the
1. Semi precious mes (didn't like the color payoff and texture of these MES except for blue sheen and the dark green one which i forgot the name)
2. Glitter and Ice.... the whole collection was Blah, I was expecting more from glitter and ice. I didn't bought a single item frm this collection
3. Lightscapade msf from Fall collection (this was nowhere to the original lightscapade msf which i bought several yrs back, very very faint swirls...it almost looks like by candlelight msf..I will stick to my old lightscade...)
4. 226 brush .... (I swear this is diff from the one which i bought from BBR, my one was more tapered n pointed at the end which made it really good for creasework blending, however, this new one is more fluffy... and almost look like the 217 just the it's only slightly more tapered. Duhz!)
5. Pro longwear lipgloss (Nice colors, but too sticky for my liking...awww....)
6. Big bounce e/s (no matter how i blend with my fingers OR brushes, I never get them to stay nicely on my eyelids and end up becoming PATCHY) Duhz... Gimme paintpots anytime pls.

rubytitania

Here are mine. These aren't my votes for the *worst* products of the year - just the ones that disappointed me personally:

Ego Mega Metal eyeshadow: I loved all the others I tried, but Ego just seems lacking in pigmentation and texture. I really need to layer it over a good base to make it work for me.
Carbonized eyeshadow: So many people loved this but mine was just a sheer, chalky, dirty black-brown.
Wonder Woman Valiant quad: I dont hate it. I just think it could've been so much better. I LOVE the colours and wish the quality was as good as I'd hoped for.
Angel Flame quad: Nothing against the quality of it, but I just couldn't get a look from it that I liked.
Jealousy Wakes: It's just nothing special and I can't really find a look that makes it shine.

Mac-Guy

Here are mine. These aren't my votes for the *worst* products of the year - just the ones that disappointed me personally:

Ego Mega Metal eyeshadow: I loved all the others I tried, but Ego just seems lacking in pigmentation and texture. I really need to layer it over a good base to make it work for me.
Carbonized eyeshadow: So many people loved this but mine was just a sheer, chalky, dirty black-brown.
Wonder Woman Valiant quad: I dont hate it. I just think it could've been so much better. I LOVE the colours and wish the quality was as good as I'd hoped for.
Angel Flame quad: Nothing against the quality of it, but I just couldn't get a look from it that I liked.
Jealousy Wakes: It's just nothing special and I can't really find a look that makes it shine.
Have a look at the face chart to get some inspiration. I hope you find a look you like.

rubytitania

Have a look at the face chart to get some inspiration. I hope you find a look you like.

Thanks - I will do that :) I have seen looks that I think work on other people, but to be honest I think the colours just don't really suit me. Maybe I will give it another try before swapping/selling it.

Dreaming Dancer

Wonder Woman- I skipped it completely. I didn't like the packaging at all, and none of the products were special enough to get in spite of not liking the packaging.

Big Bounce- These were a complete miss for me.

Mega Metal Eye Shadows- something in them caused an allergic reaction on my eyes so i had to send them all back. I was sad- i really liked some of those colors.

Quite Cute- None of those were colors i liked. Pastels just are not flattering on me.

Dazzlespheres- because i really wanted to get one, but i don't use loose pigments, and all of the lip gloss ones came with cremesheen glass, which i don't care for. I wish there had been one with all new colors of dazzleglass.

LMD84

big bounce shadows were my biggest dissapointment as well as the way that lightscapade looked this time around.

Thia Winter

1. Quite cute....Ugh...only a few things I was even tempted by but not enough to buy.

2. Lipglass Dazzlespheres.....Just not a great selection of colors imo.

3. Crushed Metal Pigments.....I'm finding these REALLY hard to work with....they take just the right amount for color payoff but if you use too much you get creasing no matter what you do.

4. Wonder Woman Collection.....nothing in it even remotely interested me and I was always a wonder woman fan as a kid.

5. Sheen Supreme Lipstick Formula.....the only one I have is supremely confident, and it's definitely not a fave. While the color's ok I feel like the payoff and amount of time it lasts is more like my lipglasses than a lipstick.

nazih09

This might be a stretch...but every collection other than the mickey contractor collection. That was the only collection I bought almost everything lol

DILLIGAF

1. Crushed Metal Pigments. Pigments are difficult enough to work with. This formulation just makes it worse.
  2. Glitter and Ice. I dont think I've bought anything from a Holiday collection since.... MAC Mischeif Makers and the one product I got was at a CCOs months after the collection had left stores.
  3. The colored Zoom Lash macara from Wonder Woman. I loved the colors but on my super dark lashes you could barely see them.
  4. The Evil Eye Quad. I agree with the OP. I like the quad but I think it could have had better pigmentation