Top five dissapoinments from MAC 2011!

MACgirl

in order of the year....

jeanuis (the whole collection)- complete miss, seemed rushed, the jeanius eyeshadows were a mess. the concept, pun and color range as a whole were a dissapointment.

quite cute (cutie quad)- im a sucker of collecting quads but i didnt even want this one..it was like weaker copycat of a quad ive seen before.

flighty (big bounce eyeshdow)-MESS. no longevity, i can see the idea behind it but wasnt executed well.

surf baby (curshed metal pigments)- horrid texture, i love crushed metal pigments but these were awful. maybe if each color set was made into a quad id be on board.....

surf baby (blushettes blush sticks)-why did these never come out? so excited for them!

cine-matics (eueshadows duos)-loved the colors and textures, but dissapointed they didnt have names for each shade. i know as a makeup artist myself i hardly use eyeshadow names but descriptions, but still as an eyeshadow collector, i wouldve like it :)

art of powder (the whole collection)-i understand its a collectors item, but even at that, the color range isnt great if i did want to use it...not the best texture on any of the 3 products.

metal-x (the whole collection)- i know it has yet to come out but mac, STOP IT, what is this a third time? and there were 2 with gareth pugh!, STOP IT!, either these are insanley popular and im the only one who hates them, or mac really wants us to love these and believes in them so much they keep coming out. Given, these are pretty when pressed on with the finger for runway, a shoot or just a wash for everyday color but id rather a newer innovative product, preferably one that doesn't crumble and lasts longer.

mineralize eyeshadow (not one in particular)- again...STOP IT! remember the days of mac when a MSF, MES, MB were scarce and such a treat when we would find they are coming?? ive given up on buying anything mineral based as they seem to come out every other month.....i love the formula but too many in a year....i wish they would take a step back and instead of releasing so many MES, they should really take the time on new amazing colors rather then 30 ok, or not so great colors..

while there were some misses mac has really hit high notes this year...we should do a post on top hits!

LMD84

oh i forgot about the jeanuis collection... i wasn't a fan of that at all... riveting rose was the only product i bought... the shadows weren't great from that collection :(

martiangurll

Well, I hate to be negative, but scratch a cynic and you get an idealist right? So these are the things that could have been so much better:

PP from Champale, too much glitter migration.

Agree that Lavender whip should have been repromoted and while, we're at it, how about another Perfect Topping MSF release and Queen's Sin

Agree with the mascara from WW being no where near the quality I hoped, really I am still awaiting the mascara to be invented by MAC that has the quality I have come to expect

Too many special eyeshadows in the big pans and not enough in the Pro Pans

Was really hoping the Glam Gloss would be a new formula, but it was same ole lipglass (although colors were nice, but hey, what a tease)

I am still pissed we never saw Rodarte (yeah, technically 2010, but I really thought we'd see those products circulated in 2011)

Cindy Sherman pulling out of the collection was pretty disappointing

The Gareth Pugh bags were not as luxe as I expected

Loved the Peacocky shadows, wish we could have had more neutrals of those

Did not try the Metal X yet, but surprised and disappointed they did not update the product

I agree that the the "me too" Miss Piggy was really sort of lame.

Finally, the cat lover in me was disappointed we didn't get another cat themed collection, I know, a minor point, but I was really hoping for more kittehs!

BadLeslie

I can't really think of five (that I purchased myself anyway...) but Quite Cute lipstick really stands out in my mind. Purple lipstick collector that I am, I got it hoping it'd be somewhat similar to Lavender Whip. Instead, it makes me look like a Candyland zombie. Never again.

xJustgirlie

The MES at number one. I'm also not a fan of the collections with odd packaging - I want everything to be the same packaging. I think that looks nicer. Not even talking about the quality of some of those collection items..

Also, I don't like the overhyped 'Angel' l/s and 'Dainty' blush. They're OK. Nothing more than that, an average B

Urmi

Are CMFs that bad?? I was really hoping to get the Butterfly stack from Vera but if they are that bad quality wise I may not bother. Lemme know
type.gif

1. Crushed Metal Pigments. Pigments are difficult enough to work with. This formulation just makes it worse.
  2. Glitter and Ice. I dont think I've bought anything from a Holiday collection since.... MAC Mischeif Makers and the one product I got was at a CCOs months after the collection had left stores.
  3. The colored Zoom Lash macara from Wonder Woman. I loved the colors but on my super dark lashes you could barely see them.
  4. The Evil Eye Quad. I agree with the OP. I like the quad but I think it could have had better pigmentation

Cydonian

1) Big Bounce eyeshadows. They felt like uncooled jello. Gross.

2) Metal X eyeshadows. Why can't Mac do a good cream shadow? Especially when Maybelline launched the Color Tattoos around the same time and knocked it out of the park.

3) Too many repromoted items/shades. I want to see new things! Maybe stop releasing so many collections in a year? It's just getting stupid.

4) Suckscapade.

5) This is a tossup between Wonder Woman, Miss Piggy and Sheen Supreme lipsticks.

DILLIGAF

They aren't entirely horrible its just that I expected better. They have a tendency to clump and to me it leads to wasted product. I only have the crushed metal pigments from Surf Baby. I've not purchased any since. Who knows maybe this batch from Vera is better.