Uh guys...we might be in pigment trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxybc

Where is SonRisa, maybe she can clear things up about the pigments for us. I just started getting into pigments, and I still planned on getting Kelly Green, Grape, Rose and a few others! I hope this doesn't happen, cuz I don't live anywhere near a pro store and always have to wait a really long time to go to them!

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc
Where is SonRisa, maybe she can clear things up about the pigments for us. I just started getting into pigments, and I still planned on getting Kelly Green, Grape, Rose and a few others! I hope this doesn't happen, cuz I don't live anywhere near a pro store and always have to wait a really long time to go to them!

I'll ask about it tomorrow when I'm at the seminar.

lah_knee

i dont see triangles either. but i notice a trend with people who do... all the PRO only items seem to have them and none of the regular stuff... so like 15 pan palette, pro pigments, pro shadows. so maybe its just a pro-only symbol or something.

metalkitty

I dunno, I don't see it but I'm still nervous. Probably unnecessarilly though, someone should clear this up soon.

If you think about it most of those pigments were just put out not too long ago. You think they would really discontinue them that quick? It's the PRO items.

Joke

Ok, I'm seeing everywhere posts that some Pro pigments like electric coral might be dced! Is this true or not??
If so, I might have to buy those real soon!!!

TIA for anyone who knows more!!

nphernetton

I'm not seeing it either...it seems like it may be a glitch in their programming, someone used the wrong code on all of the pro products or something...I'm sure it'l be fine, MAC is doing WAY too well to L/E THAT many of their products.

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke
Ok, I'm seeing everywhere posts that some Pro pigments like electric coral might be dced! Is this true or not??
If so, I might have to buy those real soon!!!

TIA for anyone who knows more!!

Someone pointed out this morning that Electric Coral, Bright Coral and Bright Fuschia were d/c since July in the LJ MAC community.

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc

*raises hand*

I asked my trainer at update today. He doesn't know for sure, but he said he wouldn't be surprised if all the PRO pigments got d/c. Apparently it's pretty difficult to make pigments - especially the PRO ones and once they run out of a resource - they have nothing to make it with anymore (one of the reasons they also dc shadows and lipsticks). After hearing this, I told the manager of the pro store, who was also at update with me, that I'd be calling him tomorrow to put a whole bunch on hold. When I explained why, he wasn't surprised either because he had said something about going to a meeting about new products and supposedly MAC may be coming out with a whole bunch of new pigments. Notice I said *may*. Sorry this is inconclusive, but I tried!

Juneplum

thanks risa! i knew u'd come to the rescue!!! gawd lemme go order my beloved grape, rose gold, kelly green and chartreuse now!
icon_eek.gif

Joke

Thank you Risa! I guess I will buy all the pigments on my wishlist without waiting anymore ...

killfemme

ugh this kinda angers me. I still want several of them and there isn't a pro store near me, let alone I don't have that kind of money to spend to get them all..

there were like... two differant links on the site. one leading to normal ones, other leading to the discountinuing one.. Maybe thats why some people are confused..

canadiangirl_1117

I know this is an old post, but when I checked the Pro site, there's a LOT of pigments missing now
ssad.gif
I guess they were d/c after all?

The ones still there:
Rose, Fuchsia, Frozen White, Kitschmas, Deep Purple, Violet, Cornflower, Teal, Golden Olive, Vanilla, Golden Lemon, Pink Opal, Fairylite, Melon, Old Gold, Copper Sparkle, Naked, Pink Bronze, Tan, Chocolate Brown, Blue Brown, Frost, Dark Soul

turtle_pixie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_1117
I know this is an old post, but when I checked the Pro site, there's a LOT of pigments missing now
ssad.gif
I guess they were d/c after all?

The ones still there:
Rose, Fuchsia, Frozen White, Kitschmas, Deep Purple, Violet, Cornflower, Teal, Golden Olive, Vanilla, Golden Lemon, Pink Opal, Fairylite, Melon, Old Gold, Copper Sparkle, Naked, Pink Bronze, Tan, Chocolate Brown, Blue Brown, Frost, Dark Soul

That's a wrong link, theres like 2 links, go to pro product then pigments

Status
Not open for further replies.