UK Girls: Important re price increase!!!

madame_morbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani California
Thats what I was thinking as well.......I wanted to get Solar White today , then remembered about you guys saying they were charging £11 for them and thought better of it.

I sold quite a few eyeshadows yesterday and they all went though at £10.

JustDivine

There's no reason why there should be now any sold at £11.

It was a tachnical fault and everyone who contacts MAC should get thei refund.

nunu

girls who paid the £1 extra should definately contact MAC and ask for a refund. It's unfair that you had to pay extra when everywhere else in th UK plus the website are selling their products at the same price.

melliquor

I am contacting Mac tomorrow and letting them know that I got overcharged. I am so just so pissed off w/ Mac now. I might not get stuff until the end of the year. None of the upcoming collections interest me that much.

elleread

OMG! I am really annoyed now I got charged £11. I didn't really notice at the time as I bought a few other things too.
This was in the Nottingham store.
I emailed MAC customer service yesterday but haven't had a reply yet.
What should I do, go into the store and complain? I don't really want to kick up a fuss over £1 mind you, it could be really embarrassing!

JustDivine

Monique will be getting back to me shortly as she is "investigating". I'll let you know as soon as I hear, and then in any case you should be eligible for a refund.

Janice

An update for this - MAC UK is aware of the issue, tomorrow morning stores will reflect the correct price of £10.
smiles.gif

Ang9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen
Well I've just complained to MAC Consumer communications and they said the freestanding stores SHOULD NOT be charging £11 for shadows.

With the instore outlets (eg HOF - City) she said they are given the RRP of £10 but can charge what they like but I'd still try and get a refund.

I have just given my details and they are sending me a cheque refund for the difference.

MAC seems to be having a very bad week at the moment imagine how many people have been through those stores yesterday and today and paid £11.
Hope they read this and get their refunds
angry.gif

What details did they need? Cool Heat Shadows were £11 in MAC Pro Covent Garden, but regular shadows were still coming up £10

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
It's not an issue with the website. On the site the eyeshadows have always been £10.

Doh! I was in a rush, I corrected my post.
smiles.gif

elleread

Today I got this reply from MAC customer service:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact MAC cosmetics online.

Please accept my sincere apologies, There has been an error with the retail price for the eye shadows within the Cool Heat Collection. It was a keying error and the brand are doing as much as they can to rectify this matter with all of our retail stores.

Please return to the MAC store in Nottingham where you purchased the Shadows to receive your refund.

Once again, Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Monique Stobart
M.A.C Cosmetics Online Customer Services
0870 0342999"

Luckily I kept the receipt, I'll let you know how I get on! Hope it's not a problem.... :-S

ilovegreen

I received my cheque from MAC in the post today along with a letter of apology.

I don't get why if they all have the same packaging/barcode some came up £10 & some £11.

I think the price will increase soon though maybe some stores jumped the gun.

Ang9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen
I received my cheque from MAC in the post today along with a letter of apology.

I don't get why if they all have the same packaging/barcode some came up £10 & some £11.

I think the price will increase soon though maybe some stores jumped the gun.

Did they need your receipt details? I don't think I know where mine is
th_dunno.gif

ilovegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang9000
Did they need your receipt details? I don't think I know where mine is
th_dunno.gif

no they didn't ask for it. the number is 0870 034 6700

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_morbid
I sold quite a few eyeshadows yesterday and they all went though at £10.

Yay!!
thmbup.gif

Oooh I went in for one of the cool heat shadows this week and it was sold out. Hope they get them back in!!
yes.gif

I like going in during the week, its a lot quieter and you can look round loads better.
thmbup.gif

elleread

They're still £7.50. There hasn't been any price increase -the Cool Heat shadows were a mistake.