Undertones

BionicWoman

I have yellow and pink undertones in my skin. When most people look at my skin, they assume I have more yellow but I think they're pretty equal, because if I try to wear a C6 for example..it comes out way to ashy and gray. Same if I wear an N anything...it looks too orangey...so I'm a NC43 Studio Fix Powder/NC44 Studio Tech & NC45 in Studio Fix Fluid....plus my skin is oliy which plays a HUGE factor as well.

lucia_la_latina

I am an NC41 and i have olive and yellow undertones - i look like i have a perma tan ahhaha kinda bronzey tone? can also wear an NW40 at times too.... so its hit and miss with me... i think i have bronze undetones, mixed with greeny olive ones? LOL

Lapis

nw 45 I think, note I said think I have rust/golden undertones, silver makeup looks like crap on me!

MAHALO

I am not sure about my undertones. I think they must be a mix. I think see yellow/gold, red, and bronze. NW43 is a good match for my skin but in the winter 2 parts NW43 plus one part NC45 is even better. Gold looks better than silver on me. Black hair looks awful. Orange, coral, and pink blushes are my favorites (NARS Taj Mahal, CARGO Rome, MAC DollyMix, MAC MSF PettiCoat). I prefer Fuchsia, Turquoise, Greens, Browns, and Black for clothing.

Curly1908

I'm African American. In my face & neck, I have VERY red undertones, and I'm an NW50, but other parts of my body are like an NC40. I'm like a zebra.
lmao.gif

It might have something to do with my mom having extremely golden undertones (she's like an NC35), and my dad having extremely red undertones. (If he wore makeup, he'd probably be an NW40.) I guess I'm a mixture, but mostly red. For some reason, deep blue and green eyeshadows look especially fierce on me. Charcoal grey clothing looks good on me as do jewel tones like teal, burgundy, deep purples, etc. I can also wear some yellows, oranges, & pinks. Neutral tones such as blacks, browns, beiges, etc. do not look good on me. Pastels look horrible too. I can do both silver & gold jewelry, but silver looks better IMO.

Deep pink and purple blushes look best on me.

GlamQueen21

I'm NC50-NC55 (or NW50) and I have yellow/golden undertone (sometimes I do see red undertones on my skin). I have Studio Fix Powder in NW50 and Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC55. I wear the Studio Fix Powder more than the Select Sheer Pressed Powder. I think I might need to see a MAC Makeup Artist and see if I'm a NC or an NW.

BrawnShuga

I definitely have very golden/cool undertones - NC42/Honey in Bobbi Brown. With that said, most of the colours look good on me - is that strange?

BrawnShuga

I definitely have very golden/cool undertones - NC42/Honey in Bobbi Brown. With that said, most of the colours look good on me - is that strange?

anickia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
It's good to know that I'm not the only one with multiple undertones.
smiles.gif

HERE! HERE. Same problem.......everytime i go to the counter it a different color.

GlossyLips

I have no idea. I'm African American with a Rihanna-esque complexion (minus the tanning lotion/bronzer). I'm an NC42ish, BB 4.5-honey, MAC c4, MUFE F&B 34 (mixed with a slightly darker/olive shade shade).
I thought I was yellow toned, but recently two MAs told me I'm olive toned. I look best in warm or warmish shades, but I can pull off cool pink blush. I look terrible in pinky taupes, red-plums, and orange eyeshadows.
My fave colors range from Nars gilda/MAC melba to BB peony blush, and Nars outlaw. I look bad in lilac pinks and orange (MAC lady danger l/s).

Shadowy Lady

I'm pretty sure I'm cool toned. I have a lot of pink in my skin (especially my face) and look good in blues/purpls and pinks. I don't own anything yellow or oragne and these colours clash against my skin

Rancas

I have yellow undertones in the winter and reddish undertones in the summer when I am tan so I have to have 2 sets of foundation products. I look horrible in blue toned reds (lips) or really warm toned greens (eyes).

I am/was N3/4. NW & NC colors don't match my skintone. One is too pink & the other too peach.

elektra513

I'm updating again. I realized that I used to get a lot of inflammation in my skin, but now that I don't anymore I can clearly see that I am a yellow/olive. Px is still my foundation of choice, but I did try out the studio fix c8 and it's ok...I wish there was a c7.5 though...

dominichulinda

glominerals-mineral-foundation.jpg

This a foundation chart..but its so weird..because we can be cool in certain area and warm in others.

Like me I'm warm(yellow) where I normally highlight and cool(olive) where I contour.

MAHALO

I keep playing with my foundation combinations to accommodate my yellow/bronze/red undertones. For years, I wore and loved MAC NW43. Recently, I began mixing a little NC45 into the NW43 and liked it even better. My latest experiment has been to do the top of my face with NC45 and the chin area with NW43. I know it sounds really weird but with careful blending, this is the best look yet. The NC45 goes on so yellow but in no time, it changes to become my skin tone.

I'll get a lot more red undertone in the Summer so I'll have to keep playing as the seasons change.

sweetie

^ hmm I'm starting to think i need two different colors some days too. I've been wondering what is the difference between C7 and NC45? Is C7 more golden? I used to loooove C7. Then when they started the NC/NW system, I was moved to NC45. I recently bought a C7 from the CCO and I'm gonna play around with it soon. This is Studio Fix powder btw.