Unique/Irreplaceable MAC shade?

cipelica

Ok, in your opinion which is the most unique color of MAC (blush, shadow, lipstick….) that cannot easily be duped?

Shadowy Lady

Re: Unique/irreplaceable MAC shade?

Well, not having tried all shades out there I still think most MAC blushes and lipsticks can be duped. But maybe some of their eyeshadows could not. On top of my head:

Gorgeous Gold e/s
Solar White e/s
Mothbrown e/s
Melon p/m
Rose p/m
Old Gold p/m

concertina

I think Club e/s is pretty impossible to dupe. Really, any of the duochrome colors.

And Old Gold pigment would be near impossible, I would think.

stv578

I'm not 100% sure on the name, but I think it was White Wheat e/s. It was in the Inventive eyes quad. Nymphette l/g is also another one imo.

rocking chick

Well..I think there's a couple of them eg.

Parrot e/s
Rocking Chick l/s
Snowscene lg
Springtime Skipper e/s
All the MES esp. Mercurial,Two To Glow & Ether
All the MSF esp. Petticoat & Light Flush

L1LMAMAJ

i would say most of the irridescent shades are hard to duplicate. Things like Vellum, Club. I have yet to find a dupe of Satin Taupe. Many of the neutral browns are very easy to find a dupe of.

nico

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
I think Club e/s is pretty impossible to dupe. Really, any of the duochrome colors.

Label Whore by Too Faced is a dupe of Club.It's better than Club IMO

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina

And Old Gold pigment would be near impossible, I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico
Label Whore by Too Faced is a dupe of Club.It's better than Club IMO

you took the words right out of my mouth
winks.gif
Two Faced label Whore is an almost perfect dupe, and I agree - I think it is much better in terms of colour!!

Moth Brown - I know one of the reg e/s is used a replacement for this by a lot of people, but the red undertones are just a killjoy for me and not nearly close enough to be considered a dupe. I LOVE this colour so much - damn you MAC make it perm!!!!

aziajs

Satin Taupe is dupe-able. L'Oreal HIP has a duo called Sassy. The brown half is almost an exact match of Satin Taupe.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Solar White

Solar white is so amazing! I wish that they would bring that color back.

Karen_B

I haven't seen or heard of any good dupe for Cosmic, from the Moonbathe collection. And I am really kicking myself for not getting Cosmic while I could.

wifey806

hmm, good question OP! well i haven't actually looked because I'm not out, and I see it at the CCOs, but Sock Hop? Just cuz it's hard to find glosses that color w/o frost/shimmer/glitter. I'm sure Nars or Smashbox has one if i looked...

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Moth Brown - I know one of the reg e/s is used a replacement for this by a lot of people, but the red undertones are just a killjoy for me and not nearly close enough to be considered a dupe. I LOVE this colour so much - damn you MAC make it perm!!!!

which color are u refering to? i've still to this day never seen moth brown in person and i just want to try it!

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Solar white is so amazing! I wish that they would bring that color back.

There's a color from Flirt Cosmetics that looks pretty much the same as SW. I didn't have my SW to compare, but it looked the same.

Humayra

gorgeous gold for sure! i tried to find a dupe, but to no avail..sometimes its soo much better and easier to just get the real thing..i dunno why i took ages to begin with llol