"Unpopular" perfumes

NatalieMT

My Nan, bless her honestly. Gave me a bottle of the Paris Hilton perfume cleverly named Paris Hilton. How original of her. I can imagine it's pretty unpopular due to the nature of who's endorsing it.

However I have to say it actually doesn't smell that bad, my manager even complimented me on it the other day and thought it was Ralph lauren. It's pretty sweet, with a slight floral hint. Not for everyone I can imagine.

CellyCell

I don't know if it's unpopular but I rarely smell it on people and since they don't carry a signature scent and "Auf Wiedersehen" them off into discount stores - Escada perfumes. Which is why I HATE when my mom uses them because I can't replace them.

I LOVE this one perfume called Fahrenheit - they have the one for men but NEVER for women. I heard it was discontinued for some reason... I remember searching forever for it.

Arisone

Clear by Neil Morris (from his signature collection). It's actually a unisex fragrance. I love it. It's not a strong scent, its very light and not sweet smelling at all.. its just right for me.

brixton

I will always come back to Cabochard by Gres - a smoky, leathery, green chypre, first released in 1959 and still seems modern. Very comforting to me but very sophisticated too.
Nu by YSL is only unpopular in that it's been discontinued, sadly. Tom Ford was at YSL at the time (2001) and it's an lovely incense-y, spicy scent - almost unisex in the manner of Bulgari Black. I think he did a much better job on this one than his new bespoke scent lines. You can still find it on ebay...
In the summer, adore Cristalle by Chanel - only the EDT though, which is light and green and totally sparkling-fresh. The EDP is heavier and more floral and a totally different scent IMO.

Kuki

I used to work in Fenwicks Department store, here in the UK on Molton Brown and the general perfume section.

I Love Molton Brown's Heavenly Gingerlily Shimmer Fragrance! (infact I love the whole heavenly gingerlily collection!)

and from the perfume department, I fell in love with Omnia Crystalline by Bvulgari. I'm listing it here, because in all the time I worked at this store, only 2 people ever bought it in 6 months I was there!LOL The Omnia was quite popular, but not the Omnia Crystalline. I'm not sure of its popularity anywhere else but its the only perfume I wear

KristyVictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicenoelle
My all time favorite is Lanvin's Eclat D'arpege. It's very light, fresh and floral. I originally purchased it about 4 1/2 years ago at Sephora and they've since discontinued it.
ssad.gif
I have to order via Amazon cos it's just that AMAZING!

This is still available at almost all department stores, it is not discontinued.

KristyVictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by brixton
I will always come back to Cabochard by Gres - a smoky, leathery, green chypre, first released in 1959 and still seems modern. Very comforting to me but very sophisticated too.
Nu by YSL is only unpopular in that it's been discontinued, sadly. Tom Ford was at YSL at the time (2001) and it's an lovely incense-y, spicy scent - almost unisex in the manner of Bulgari Black. I think he did a much better job on this one than his new bespoke scent lines. You can still find it on ebay...
In the summer, adore Cristalle by Chanel - only the EDT though, which is light and green and totally sparkling-fresh. The EDP is heavier and more floral and a totally different scent IMO.

Oh I completely agree about Nu! This is one of the best incense scents around, just as good as many of the Comme des Garcons which are over $100+ for a bottle. Why they discontinued it is beyond me but stock up while you can ladies! It is available at discounters for cheap and comes in an awesome purple metallic cylinder.

KristyVictoria

A couple of my favorite fragrances which aren't very common but are available at discounters are Eau de Lalique, Some of the Gianfranco Ferre fragrances (Ferre by Ferre, Ferre 20, GFF Donna...)

Chanel's Pour Monsieur is a somewhat uncommon men's scent that is a little bit like fizzy rootbeer! I love wearing men's fragrance and find that very few other women do.

Some of my favorite niche scents are Comme des Garcons 2 or Vettiveru. 2 Smells like robo-flowers to me! I also love Frederick Malle's Carnal Flower, though it costs an arm and a leg, and Etro Dianthus, Yosh's Stargazer, and L'Artisan Passage D'Enfer.

star*violet

I loved the Hard Candy perfume (sortof like Pink Sugar but not so obnoxiously sweet smelling). Now I have Betsey Johnson, not really sure how popular that one is...

Tigresse

Mazzolari Alessandro - Strong almond with vanilla and honey, a little pricey, though.
Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose - Violet, Grapefruit, Ambrette Coriander, Tagette Aldéhydes, Rose, Iris, Rasberry, Héliotrope - smells like a doubled old Guerlain lipstick, very strong, good lasting power.
After 35 years being a perfume maniac (my first scent given from my mother at my 13. Birthday has been Lauder's Azzuree, which is very unpopular in Germany) my nose is a little bored and I need strong and extraordinary scents.

chiquilla_loca

CLEAN: Baby Girl <----- LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent!!!
Never have smelled this on anyone else...it's my dirty lil secret, revealed!

Arisone

^ You're not the only one. I like Imari as well.
I don't know if this one was mentioned but I like Clean by Simply Soap. I received the sample size from Sephora and instantly fell in love with it.

BEA2LS

i love all of the clean line.. i remember when it first came out i thought it was going to be huge but it never was
ssad.gif

kathyp

I wouldn't call it unpopular, though I rarely smell it on women under 50, but Chanel No.19 was (still is?) my signature scent for the longest time. It does this wonderful preppy/horsey/English-y thing on me. (I am neither preppy nor English, and the closest I've even been to a horse is My Little Pony, but it oddly, it works.)

I was into Cabotine De Gres for a while. Kind of dated now, I suppose. I haven't seen it in a store in over a decade.

I had a brief fling with Caron Nocturnes, mid 90s. It's fairly similar to Chanel No.5. Lately, migraines have prevented me from wearing any perfume save for Kiehl's Musk. I'm shocked how many "big" scents I wore in my twenties.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyp

I was into Cabotine De Gres for a while. Kind of dated now, I suppose. I haven't seen it in a store in over a decade.

I always wear it
kisses.gif

Zephyra

I've never seen this for sale anywhere except my esthetician's office, but I really love "Secrets de Sothys" by Sothys:

Top note: Fresh note Citrus and bergamot Middle note - Flowery, fruity aromatic Ylang-ylang and marjoram Coriander Jasmine Peach blackcurrant Base note - Woody & musky Amber Vetiver Patchouli

Sallasilo

My absolute favorite perfume is Lolita Lempicka... it smells very strong on others, but on me, it is perfect. I also love Hanae Mori, Rumeur 2 Rose (Lanvin), and Vera Wang Princess (although that one is very popular)..