VA JAY JAY help

SkylarV217

Okay Ladies Lets get a little intimate,

I know I'm clean of STD's and I bath regularly & visit the Girlie Doctor regularly. My problem is that I always have ton of Discharge. Its always clear or just a hint of yellow tint to it. It doesn't Stink like Menstruation but it has a strong oder.
throwup.gif
yucky.gif

Sometimes I have such heavy discharge it feels like i wet my self or like I started and my underwear is soaked. I'm tired of it and wondered if you ladies have dealt with this or a similar issue or if you have any suggestions. Any help would be appreciated.

Ithica

I feel like I can relate. I used to get this too although it was all healthy/natural down there (just normal discharge) it made me feel really gross and uncomfy. I found it got better the more i drank water, I guess to help flush your system and what have you. If its just general discharge then its just your bodies normal way of cleansing/getting rid of stuff and keeping you clean (doesnt seem it huh?)

If its an excessively large amount or your worried about the odour/colour then I would get checked out but the water may help if its just normal.

n_c

Have you got ur self checked for possible yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis (BV). I had a similar problem last year and although i did not have the symptoms for the above i had a yeast infection which was not treated and it led to bv (at least thats what my dr said). If it has a strong odor get checked out.

Obreathemykiss

I feel like I can relate as well. I have a similar type of thing...a whitish/clear discharge that doesn't have a strong odor, but a strange odor. It's difficult to describe. I have had BV and yeast infections in the past and this was determined to be my body's natural thing. I have it daily-sometimes a lot-sometimes just a slight trace and it does feel like I've just started sometimes. I would suggest keeping your belly full of water and eating a lot of yogurt. This has helped me. You may have some sort of hormonal thing going on. Are you on b/c?

purrtykitty

Do you wash "down there" with anti-bacterial soap in the shower? And I mean a good washing (inner, outer - everything), not just "the bush" and surrounding area. If you're doing that, it could cause your body to produce excess discharge. I used to do that and I had a similar problem. Once I stopped, the excess problem stopped. Now, I wash with a little soap the hairy parts and outlying area and rinse the "inner" part with just water. Sorry...that was a bit graphic, but I hope that helps.

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obreathemykiss
Are you on b/c?

I have an IUC, Merina , One of those little plastic things that goes up in you and stays for 5 years .... I've had it for 8 months now and I love it, I don't have periods ( I used to have such excessive bleeding it was ridiculous)
If I do have a period it lasts 2 days and thats only every couple of months .
yahoo.gif

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Do you wash "down there" with anti-bacterial soap in the shower? And I mean a good washing (inner, outer - everything), not just "the bush" and surrounding area. If you're doing that, it could cause your body to produce excess discharge. I used to do that and I had a similar problem. Once I stopped, the excess problem stopped. Now, I wash with a little soap the hairy parts and outlying area and rinse the "inner" part with just water. Sorry...that was a bit graphic, but I hope that helps.

I typically just shampoo the bush and give a soap swipe to the rest, I know Douching is now considered a no no .... So I don't really so a full detail down there , but I keep it clean , and I use those always cleansing wipes regularly.

Oh the things we are willing to talk about on specktra
th_LMAO.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
I typically just shampoo the bush and give a soap swipe to the rest, I know Douching is now considered a no no .... So I don't really so a full detail down there , but I keep it clean , and I use those always cleansing wipes regularly.

Oh the things we are willing to talk about on specktra
th_LMAO.gif

No kidding!
lol.gif

I wonder if maybe the cleansing wipes aren't the problem because while they're cleaning out the icky stuff, they're also getting rid of the good bacteria as well. It sounds counter-intuitive, because you think discharge = dirty and therefore you should clean really well, but that's not the case. You might try just doing your usual shampoo and then just rinsing the inner area for a couple of days. I noticed a change almost immediately. Otherwise, I'd say check with the lady-bits doctor. Maybe there's something that the regular tests aren't catching.

Kuuipo

Yeast does not smell bad, it smells like bread or soft pretzels baking. Trich is a yellow discharge and is fishy. BV just smells not good.
The labia majora and minora need to be washed with soap and water minimally daily. Try to use a pH balanced soap.

infernalmachine

kuuipo's got it perfectly right. you DO need to wash daily and thoroughly, preferably with something like ivory or dove (pH neutral). get checked out if you're odour-y because that is not normal if you wash daily / twice daily.

you might also try bikini waxes or shaving, i personally can't stand under-bush.

BinkysBaby

It could be the IUD that your body is responding to. Because it is a foreign object, your body can be reacting/rejecting it in a sense. I don't know how long you've had the problem but I would definitely ask your gynecologist. I used to get yeast infections a few times a year. I eat at least 6 oz of yogurt a day and haven't had one in well over a year. I would recommend using a vaginal wash and not the body wash/soap that you use for the rest of your body.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby
It could be the IUD that your body is responding to. Because it is a foreign object, your body can be reacting/rejecting it in a sense. I don't know how long you've had the problem but I would definitely ask your gynecologist. I used to get yeast infections a few times a year. I eat at least 6 oz of yogurt a day and haven't had one in well over a year. I would recommend using a vaginal wash and not the body wash/soap that you use for the rest of your body.

i agree. if its not the presence of the IUD, it may just be the hormones its giving off. if the doctor says you're good, and the color doesn't change or the odor doesn't turn offensive, don't worry. the odor may be due to what you eat as well. believe it or not, certain foods can cause a change in odor/color/taste.

Kuuipo

Most yogurt doesn't have alot of active cultures-like the gelatinous sugary brands. Acidophilus and bifidus tablets help, so does lactobacillus. These are also good for restoring flora to your intestines post antibiotic therapy as well. They also help prevent excess gas and bloating.

An IUD may increase discharge but it shouldn't create odour. Some people are muskier than others but recent odour changes should be investigated.

Paramnesia

Oh I have the same problem, I have for years. I've seen doctors about it and none have been very helpful. A couple have said its a yeast infection then I get tested and its not so I still have no idea whats going on.

I feel so uncomfortable about it. I generally wear loose clothing at home, but when I wear jeans or other tight fitting clothing I wear a panty liner so theres no dampness. Ironically I get really dry down there too.

To be honest sometimes life would be 100 x easier without a va jay jay.

shadowaddict

Well hormones can do really strange things. I'm going through menopause and I think I could bathe three times or more a day and still feel icky there. Like someone else said I wear a thin panty liner. If the odor is almost sour like it could a type of fungal thing. Last year I had to go to the dermatologist for a rash under my breast and she said it was fungal kind of like athlete’s foot and prescribed a cream to clear it up and told me to use a powder called Zeasorb-AF to prevent it again. It all worked so I thought well I get sweaty down there right in my inner thighs at my panty line at the inner leg. So after I would bathe and dry off I started putting a little of this powder there in that “crease” and no more odor. Wall mart stocks this with their foot care and Target and some other stores you have to ask for it at the pharmacy even though you do not need a script. It is about $7.00 but I make sure I never run out now. Maybe this will help a little. Good Luck.

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
Oh I have the same problem, I have for years. I've seen doctors about it and none have been very helpful. A couple have said its a yeast infection then I get tested and its not so I still have no idea whats going on.

I feel so uncomfortable about it. I generally wear loose clothing at home, but when I wear jeans or other tight fitting clothing I wear a panty liner so theres no dampness. Ironically I get really dry down there too.

To be honest sometimes life would be 100 x easier without a va jay jay.

Thanks so much, Thats exactly like me.... At least I know I'm not alone...

BeautyPsycho

^^ I feel your pain... My Dr. said some of us just have a lot of discharge without any known reasons... and yeah, there's nothing we can do... Well, gee.. thanks! That helps... NOT!

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
Thanks ladies ... Clarifications

I have an IUC - Not IUD .... The IUC's have not hormones they are found here Keep life simple with Mirena IUC contraception, including birth control and additional menstruation benefits

FYI: IUC=IUD. It's annoying how the terminology keeps evolving, but they're the same thing. There ARE however, the type that releases hormones and those who don't. But anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalmachine
kuuipo's got it perfectly right. you DO need to wash daily and thoroughly, preferably with something like ivory or dove (pH neutral). get checked out if you're odour-y because that is not normal if you wash daily / twice daily.

WHOA THERE! I'd definitely advise AGAINST Ivory, great gosh a mighty! If anything, Ivory soap will further aggravate the balance of your vaginal flora. ( Personal experience is a mutha!) If you have a detachable shower head, using plain water on your labia/vulva and folds/whatever is JUST FINE. We don't need all that extra stuff going on down there. Soaping up the mons/pubic area is cool, but the love below doesn't really need all that. If you don't have a shower head to do the job, a small squirt bottle is just fine, and you can also keep a purse sized one with you, to keep in a zip bag in your purse, to freshen up during the day- that is, if it doesn't embarrass you to fill it up before taking a leak at work. If you feel like you MUST use a cleansing agent, Dove is fine, a baby wash is fine and pHisoderm is even better, but rinse, rinse rinse! Hope That helps.

Signed,

A chick who from time to time has gotten overzealous with va jay jay cleansing, and is now much more gentle
tong.gif