VA JAY JAY help

macchristyy

i think this is why they invented panty liners
cutey.gif

i know what you mean and mine is kinda milky at times with a yellowish tint. im guessing its normal since i dont have a smell to mine so
thmbup.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
WHOA THERE! I'd definitely advise AGAINST Ivory, great gosh a mighty! If anything, Ivory soap will further aggravate the balance of your vaginal flora. ( Personal experience is a mutha!) If you have a detachable shower head, using plain water on your labia/vulva and folds/whatever is JUST FINE. We don't need all that extra stuff going on down there. Soaping up the mons/pubic area is cool, but the love below doesn't really need all that. If you don't have a shower head to do the job, a small squirt bottle is just fine, and you can also keep a purse sized one with you, to keep in a zip bag in your purse, to freshen up during the day- that is, if it doesn't embarrass you to fill it up before taking a leak at work. If you feel like you MUST use a cleansing agent, Dove is fine, a baby wash is fine and pHisoderm is even better, but rinse, rinse rinse! Hope That helps.

Signed,

A chick who from time to time has gotten overzealous with va jay jay cleansing, and is now much more gentle
tong.gif

agreed. i have used water, and ONLY water, for as long as i can remember. its the only place that soap hasn't touched. i have never had any infections, irritation, odor or anything. your body has its own way of cleaning itself, and using anything (unless prescribed) can cause more harm than good.

BeautyPsycho

Well... I heard that panty liners are not all that good because your ahem.. va jay jay can't breathe
greengrin.gif
Air is not circulating... so it can make things even worse.

Paramnesia

Yeah panty liners aren't good for daily use, thats why I only wear them with tight clothing (which also isn't good). But loose cotton underwear for at home are great, I just buy the cheapo ones that stretch more.

SkylarV217

th_LMAO.gif
By the way ... I chose the Va Jay Jay terminology becasue I'm addicted to Grey's Anatomy and I crack up every time I hear it b/c I think of Bailey yelling O'MALLEY STOP LOOKIN AT MY VA JAY JAY... wondered if any one else thought that

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
FYI: IUC=IUD. It's annoying how the terminology keeps evolving, but they're the same thing. There ARE however, the type that releases hormones and those who don't. But anyway...

There are several terms, which provide a description of the contraceptive devices, working in the uterus. The Intrauterine Contraception (IUC) includes the Intrauterine Device (IUD), and the Intrauterine System (IUS). The term IUD may often be used as the synonym of the term IUC, as both of them have similar meaning, while the term IUS may only be used, if dealing with the devices, which contain hormones.

Thanks for the clarification , the way I had believed it was that an IUD had hormones while an IUC didn't .

sharronmarie

i have had the same symptoms as you described and today i found out i have bv. My gyno told me it can come from using soap and tampons with perfume or wearing undwear that isnt cotton. I was perscribed antibiotics (sp?) that i have to take twice a day. She said that should clear it up!

Sound Of Vision

I've got similar problem...and when I went to gyno last time she said it's because of yeast infection. But i'm going for my test results today and we'll see what's up.

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
agreed. i have used water, and ONLY water, for as long as i can remember. its the only place that soap hasn't touched. i have never had any infections, irritation, odor or anything. your body has its own way of cleaning itself, and using anything (unless prescribed) can cause more harm than good.

I agree. Once I went through a phase similar to this and using the "gentle soaps" like Ivory made things worse odor wise and the soap made my skin down there itch like you would not believe.

The doctor told me we don't need all those cleansing agents since our body cleans itself out (thus the discharge?). She said the soaps throw off the natural ph.
th_dunno.gif

crystalado

I also was diagnosed with a Bac Infec last week. I have been on antibiotics for 5 days now. When I talked to the doctor about it he said that it can be caused by the change in the weather or stress. And I am thinking it is the weather because I am definitely not stressed!

It is very annoying though!

ThePerfectScore

I have this problem. I find that I get a lot of yeast infections especially since I've been on the pill. During the YI I take baths in a mixture of water and Hydrogen Peroxide and that seems to help control the yeast.

AllisonWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
th_LMAO.gif
By the way ... I chose the Va Jay Jay terminology becasue I'm addicted to Grey's Anatomy and I crack up every time I hear it b/c I think of Bailey yelling O'MALLEY STOP LOOKIN AT MY VA JAY JAY... wondered if any one else thought that

I did!
tong.gif

IDontKnowMomo

I've kinda always had the same problem, since about sixth grade. I've never spoke about it with a doctor though (i'm scared of them, and it would just be too much for me >.<)
I've just recently visited the gyno, though, and all of my tests came back normal, so I'm assuming mine is just normal.

pretebrowneyes

oh my this is an awesome thread. I've always been (don't yell at me) taught the scrub it clean method and have passed that down to my daughters. I also have a treasure trove of wipes, liners, feminine wash, douches, and other didntknowwerentgoodforme thingamajigs. I will pass this info on to my girls and start using some of the advice ASAP. And here's my querie.....i have a 12 yr old athlete and she's started experiencing some discharge and foul oder. She's run track everyday, every week since about March until last week. It's not fishy...just smelly. So I told her to let her nether region breathe at night with no panties; once she feels wetness to go freshen up; had her eating yogurt...stuff like that. I didn't know if this should be her first gyno visit...but am taking her in for her before school checkup. any idea what could be causing this? thanks ma'ams

clwkerric

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby
It could be the IUD that your body is responding to. Because it is a foreign object, your body can be reacting/rejecting it in a sense. I don't know how long you've had the problem but I would definitely ask your gynecologist. I used to get yeast infections a few times a year. I eat at least 6 oz of yogurt a day and haven't had one in well over a year. I would recommend using a vaginal wash and not the body wash/soap that you use for the rest of your body.

What Brand yogurts do you buy? and what type of ingredients in the yogurt should someone look for? Or is it just any yogurt. Somone suggested Activa yogurt... It is good for your digestive system but I don't know if that is what they were thinking about when they suggested it or if it would be for these type situations.