• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Vampy look w/ smokey eyes and red lips =)

Zoffe

I used:

Face:
GOSH "Velvet touch foundation primer"
MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50
Lancome Teint Idole "010" foundation
Stargazer white powder

Cheeks:
MAC "Emote" blush
GOSH "Fox" effect powder

Eyes:
ArtDeco "Eyeshadow base"
MAC "Vanilla" pigment
MAC "Smoke signal" pigment
GOSH "Fox" effect powder
MAC "Blacktrack" f/l
Black Rimmel e/s for brows

Lips:
Rimmel "024 Red Diva" lip liner
MAC "New York Apple" lipstick
MAC "Boundless" 3D glass

Start with a clean, moisturized face. I've already applied ArtDeco eyeshadow base to both eyes from lashline to browbone.
1-4.jpg

Find your MAC "Vanilla" pigment and your MAC 217 brush. Your favorite highlight and your favorite blending brush will work just as fine
winks.gif

2-4.jpg

Apply it on your browbone and on the inner corners of your eyes:
3-4.jpg

Now for the "Smoke Signal" pigment. Choose a brush like the MAC "239" or any brush that's good for packing on color.
4-4.jpg

Apply the "Smoke Signal" on your lid and blend it out a little bit above the crease.
Instead of swiping the brush across your lid try to pack on the color by dabbing. That will cause less eyeshadow fall out under your eye
smiles.gif

5-4.jpg

Don't worry if it isn't completely even. We'll apply more later
smiles.gif

It should look something like this:
6-3.jpg

Now for some red eyeshadow!
smiles.gif
I love the GOSH "fox" effect powder. I've heard that this color isn't available outside Denmark so try to find another shimmery red eyeshadow for this
smiles.gif

Grab your blending brush again for this step.
7-3.jpg

Apply the red eyeshadow above Smoke Signal. Be careful not to put too much on or you won't be able to blend it out. It's a lot easier to add more than to take some off
winks.gif
You don't wanna take it too far up either 'cus it's going to go higher when you blend it out
smiles.gif

8-3.jpg

And bleeeeend!
smiles.gif

Use whatever method works for you. I use a circular blending motion and blend the red up into the highlight.
9-3.jpg

And it should look something like this:
10-3.jpg

Now for eyeliner!
smiles.gif

I use MAC "Blacktrack" f/l with an eyeliner brush by GOSH. Use an angled brush if that's easier for you
winks.gif

11-3.jpg

And liiiine... It doesn't matter if you put a little too much on or it the line isn't even and straight - we'll fix that in a few steps
smiles.gif

12-3.jpg

Wing your line if you want a cat eye effect:
13-3.jpg

Now go back and pick up a little bit of the "Smoke Signal" pigment with your eyeshadow brush and apply it on top of the eyeliner and where you applied it before. Smudge the eyeliner a bit to make the line softer.
14-3.jpg

See the difference? It's not much but just enough to make the eyeshadow and liner look more "completed" IMO
smiles.gif

15-3.jpg

And the eyeshadow is done!
You'll most likely have a lot of fall out from the dark eyeshadow. I think the easiest way to take care of that is with a cotton swap and makeup remover.
16-3.jpg

Woups, I almost forgot to line the waterline... I use my beloved "Blacktrack" for this too.
Put some on your brush or (like I do) choose a black eyeliner pencil to apply it with
smiles.gif

17-3.jpg

And apply... Put a little bit under your outer lower lashline too:
19-3.jpg

20-3.jpg

And don't forget your lashes! I use an eyelash curler from H&M and Diorshow Blackout mascara
21-3.jpg

Currrrl
22-2.jpg

And apply mascara. I like to wiggle the brush from side to side while applying.
23-3.jpg

Your eyes are done and you can apply your face makeup. See list above for product names
smiles.gif

24-3.jpg

I mix the two products on my hand. That way I do to steps in one and I don't need as much of each product.
25-3.jpg

I apply and blend it in with my fingers
thmbup.gif

26-3.jpg

I use a stippling brush for my foundation. I dab some on and buff it in really good
27-3.jpg

But oh no, look at that! The foundation is a bit too dark for me even though it's the lightest shade... Booo!
28-3.jpg

Well, that's where the white Stargazer powder comes in handy :p
I apply it with my Smashbox powder brush.
29-3.jpg

Contour! When you've done it a few times it gets really easy and it really makes a difference!
thmbup.gif

I use MAC "Emote" blush and a MAC se angled blush brush.
30-3.jpg

Make a fish face and apply the contour in the hollows under your cheekbones

31-3.jpg

For blush I use the GOSH "Fox" effect powder and a MAC se blush brush.
32-3.jpg

I apply it on the apples of my cheeks and blend it up and out towards my temples. I didn't take a picture of that 'cus blush rarely photographs well on me... You couldn't even see this blush in the pictures but it looked fine irl... boo...

I always do my eyebrows after my foundation/powder because I don't wanna mess up my brows with the light powder I use
winks.gif

For my brows I use a black e/s by rimmel and an angled brush.
33-3.jpg

I start by applying shadow right under the brow up to the arch, like this:
34-2.jpg

Then I fill in the end of my brow:
35-1.jpg

And the rest:
36-1.jpg

All that's left are the lips! Yay, almost done :p
37-1.jpg

Start by finding the lowest and highest points in your cupids bow and make little dots there with the lipliner. That'll make it easier to line your lips.
38-1.jpg

Then connect them:
39-1.jpg

Lining the rest of your upper lip should be easy now:
40-1.jpg

Line the center of your lower lips first to make it easier to get the right shape:
41-1.jpg

Line the rest:
42-1.jpg

And fill in your lips with lipliner. If you don't want the lipstick as bright you can skip this step and just blend the lipliner a little in with your finger.
43-1.jpg

Apply your lipstick. I use a lip brush 'cus I think it's easier and more sanitary.
44.jpg

45.jpg

I want really glossy lips so I apply a 3D glass on top, also using a lip brush:
46.jpg

47.jpg

If you want even more deep red lips you can add a little of the MAC "Blackened red glitter" to your lips with a lip brush. Just add a little bit and blend it in with the gloss. Blending the gloss with the glitter on your hand first is even easier
winks.gif

48.jpg

And here's the finished look!
greengrin.gif

With glitter on lips:
49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

And without glitter on lips:
_MG_9544copy.jpg

_MG_9543copy.jpg

_MG_9546copy.jpg

I hope you liked it!
greengrin.gif

If you have any questions, CC or requests I'd love a PM =)

VioletB

YES!!!! I was hoping you would do a tutorial for this look!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Trace

I have to admit, when I first read the colors you were using, it made me wonder, but after looking at your step-by-step pictures you did, I LOVE IT!!! Great eye! Thank you!
Trace'