Versailles aka Cruise

Shypo

Bit the bullet and ordered it tonight - I was almost asleep watching 'Castle', reading this thread, and said why the heck not. You are SO right. It never ends!!

why do these SAs have to be so darn clueless?
wondering.gif
My personal opinion? They're just employees. It's just a job. They are not obsessed with collecting, as some of us are. They work at the counter for their shift, and maybe go to Chanel training periodically, but they are not reading forty beauty blogs every day, and trying to discover when/where the newest Chanel products will be released. ;-)

Also, regarding the boutiques' policy of not selling to customers who are not "already in the system".... Last summer, I popped in at the Houston boutique to buy some perfume and makeup. The sales people were, by and large, excessively snooty (which I expected, but that sort of thing doesn't bother me as long as they perform their duties) but I did get the business card of the gentleman who helped me. When a new collection comes out, I email him to ask if they have it. Unfortunately, it seems Houston doesn't get some of the more unusual items (I get my "fix" elsewhere because I keep a lot of irons in the fire), but they cannot say that I am not "in the system". {{{ wicked giggle }}}

Ernie

I picked up the last powder at Bergdorf's today (NYC), but then I walked to the Chanel shop on 57th st and they had it, then I walked to Bloomingdales and they also had it! Go figure.

It's gorgeous, by the way.

Icecaramellatte

I picked up the last powder at Bergdorf's today (NYC), but then I walked to the Chanel shop on 57th st and they had it, then I walked to Bloomingdales and they also had it! Go figure.

It's gorgeous, by the way.
Oh thanks! I'm going to try to go to Bloomies tomorrow.

sungelly87

Has anyone found this at neimans? I'm thinking of looking today but wondering if I need another highlight powder...

I purchased the pink shadow (Rose Favorite) because I wear pink shadows often, as it's my favourite colour. I applied Rose Favorite from lashes to above the crease, then a light pink Ombre Unique called Frou Frou as under-brow highlight. Notorious in the crease blended into an awesome pinky-purple, so the purple Ligne Graphique was a good match for winged eyeliner. Violet Smoke Crayon Yeux under the eye, with Beryl Stylo Yeux on the waterline, then whacking great loads of the new mascara. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I loved it, and enjoyed many compliments. <3

CartoonChic

I just got an email from Chanel about this collection. Its available on the website, but the collection has a different name. COLLECTION MAQUILLAGE CROISIÈRE DE CHANEL

Icecaramellatte

I'm kind of thinking about get the pink es. it looks soooooooooooo lovely & wearable. hmmmm
I considered it as well. There were so many dark pink shadows out this spring. It is definitely wearable but it reminded me of one of the Mac shadows I never wear. I think it was from one of the previous spring collections. Maybe Spring Color Forecast. I decided to go with the Dior pink shadow stick. Let us know what you decide. I'm sure you can rock it!

elegant-one

I considered it as well. There were so many dark pink shadows out this spring. It is definitely wearable but it reminded me of one of the Mac shadows I never wear. I think it was from one of the previous spring collections. Maybe Spring Color Forecast. I decided to go with the Dior pink shadow stick. Let us know what you decide. I'm sure you can rock it!
Thanks dear! What do you think of the Dior stick? I wasn't sure what the color would be like.

Haven

So should I order the highlighter & pink shadow from this collection? Stupid LE status sucks me in almost everytime.

And of course the darn highlighter has to be $80.
censored.gif
th_wallbash.gif

elegant-one

Yeah, I'm not doing $80 on a highlighter. A blush maybe
lol.gif
The pink es is realllly nagging at me. It looks like it would be perfect. I could only find 1 swatch of it.

Miss QQ

^^ Similar, though I like this Versailles powder on me more. My EL MM has a chemical smell too, though it isn't detectable once on my skin.

Icecaramellatte - Do you like the Dior twin set pencil eyeshadow? I got the black one, and I like it, but I'm not sure how hygienic the powder sponge is in the long run.

CartoonChic

I ordered the Mouche de Beaute powder today from my Saks SA. She held it for me until other items came back in stock. I got 10% off my order since I also signed up for a Saks card today. That made it $72. It's closer to the $68 range of the Poudre Signee highlighter, so I feel better about it.
greengrin.gif

Saks also I had a free gift promotion. I ordered more stuff to qualify. I got some YSL and Dior polishes, the Eclosion quad, and Malice blush thinking I was getting Frivole. I'm not sure how I made that mistake. I'm keeping it anyway. It was on my to-buy list. But now I still need to get Frivole blush.

Latest posts