We have experienced a grave loss *UPDATED*

Janice

Janice AKA mac_obsession passed away early this morning 9.28.05 after dealing with a chronic illness for half of her short life.

Janice has been a Specktra member since its inception; she quickly proved her mettle and has been a vital member of our Staff, serving as Veteran Moderator, for over a year. Janice was a compassionate, brave, strong soul and her presence here will be deeply missed.

Janice is survived by her soon to be eight year old daughter Ciara, her significant other Tom & both of her parents.

I will post any memorial service information I receive, as well as flower or donation information.

Update 9.28.05 9:54 PM

Tom informs me there will be no flowers at her memorial. Her services will be at 12 PM 9.29.05, the location will not be publically disclosed.

Ciara's relatives are in the process of setting a trust fund up for her. When I get that information I will pass it along so that those who wish to contribute will be able to.

Update 9.30.05 8:28 PM

We have added Janice's Memorial to the site.

JamericanDiva

My heartfelt condolences go out to her family and I continue to keep them in my prayers that God may grant them the strength to cope with this great loss.

Wontpayretail23

Thats horrible. 2 of my 4 tokens here were from AWESOME swaps with her. I had no idea she was ill. This is quite a shock to me.

Juneplum

I still cannot believe she's gone
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
... rest in peace my sweet friend.. i know u r with the angels and my only consolation is that u r no longer in pain anymore... i miss you SOOOOO much
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

user3

My heart goes out to her family.

I only knew her from a few post we did back and forth. She was very kind!

Her family will be in prayers.

midnightlouise

I cannot believe it. I knew she had been ill, but she was so brave about it that it was hard to remember. She was such a wonderful person, so sweet and helpful to me always, and was my first friend here. I'm going to miss her so much. And I'll be praying for her loved ones. God, it's hard not to cry.....

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry to hear that. For the short time I've been posting here, she has offered so much help & advice that has been above and beyond her moderator duties. I never would have known she was ill from the upbeat words of all of her messages. I was awaiting a PM from her and had an e-mail of hers I needed to reply to as she was helping me with an Excel sheet. Please give her family my condolences. She will definitely be missed here. Dawn

melozburngr

Wow. Its amazing how precious and fragile life is. I had no clue she was even ill, she was the type that didnt whine and complain. She was SO nice and sweet, and always helped me out when I asked. My condolences go out to her family, especially her daughter. I can't imagine growing up without a mom, its so sad, because I know how excited she was about her daughter's birthday party.

user2

What? OMG that really slapped me! I can't believe it! My deepest condolences go out to her family and beloved ones! I'm shocked right now!

I keep her in mind with he signature:
You may only be one person to the world - but you maybe the world to one person.

She was wonderful and special!

The angles are about to see one of their best angles to come back to heaven!

SugarAsh182

God I'm so upset by this news
ssad.gif
Her family will be in my prayers!

She was one of the kindest people that I ever had the privilege to talk to... on Specktra or otherwise. When that whole discussion about trolls occured, and I voiced my story... she immediately PM'd me and sent me a very nice e-mail trying to encourage me to keep posting FOTD's. We then wrote each other a few more e-mails. She was so sweet and open. She made me feel so much better that day... and she did mention her illness to me... but she never complained. This was just a few weeks ago
ssad.gif

I admire her bravery so much and her kindness! I'll definetly miss you Jan.

Shawna

Jan was all the way across the country, but she was still one of my dearest friends. We chatted and emailed all the time. I am just so upset by this, I don't know what I am going to do without her
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

lovejam

Oh my god... I had no idea. Seeing her post not even two days ago, and then finding out she's gone... My condolences to her family, especially her little girl.

Gloriamgo

My heartfelt condolences go out to her family and friends, especially her daughter, who you could tell Jan was completely in love with. They will all be in my prayers.