what do you guys think of an 11 year old girl wanting to be...

Beauty Mark

I think those dolls started the interest, but it's ultimately parents who are allowing their kids to get the clothes and cosmetics. Most of those kids are too young to work or earn any kind of income to buy all that stuff

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
I agree with your entire post, except for the Bratz dolls comment. It's probably those same dolls that started her obsession. Those dolls represent exactly what is wrong with children these days.

yeh i know what you mean but the thing is i played with barbies since i was like 3-4 and look at her! she has big breasts, a really tiny skinny waist [with a skinny body too] really long blonde hair, tonnes of makeup, tanned with short skirts and cleavage showing tops but i didnt wanna look like that at all i wore normal childrens clothes and didnt wear makeup at the age of 4. Bratz dolls are just toys they arent models in real life and if you see the Bratz movie the girls dont wear tonnes of makeup or skimpy outfits, the dolls are just toys like i said and they arent the only toys that look 'inopropriate' theres millions of things, i mean look at Action man he has a 6 or 8 pack with big muscles you dont see little boys at the age of 11 going to the gym and taking steroids to look like that do you?

kimmy

Quote:
Sasha says: “I just want to be pretty because then people will like me.”

ssad.gif

how about try being a decent person? that'll usually make people genuinely like you...

xbeatofangelx

HAHAHA I read the article. It was hilarious. Mostly because the mom is HIDEOUS. Whew, and you know what, she's not that cute either.
I sound mean :[. But you know, I did agree with a couple of the mom's comments - if you're dirty and smelly, no one will want to get to know you - however, I feel like that pertains more to personal HYGIENE than image.

Much sympathy though, for the little girl.

tsukiyomi

That's disgusting. That mother needs to realise that what she is doing is harmful to her daughter. She's making her grow up WAAAY too fast. That girl will probably need lots of therapy. Geez. And I bet her mother will let her start drinking and having sex soon too. Ugh.

Little girls are little girls for a reason. They are not supposed to be sexy. can we say "pedo's dream"?

-would you encourage your young child to be like this? HELL NO. I want my daughter to be a child when she is 11, not a teenybopper whore.

-would you encourage your child to lose weight and workout everyday? Not for cosmtic reasons, but if she needed to for health reasons, yes, but not every day.

-would you encourage your young 4 year old daughter to wear makeup? Absolutely not! That's insane. I'm sorry that that women felt her 4 year old was so unattractive, she needed to wear makeup...

-would you let your young daughter get into playboy? No way. I'm not even into that filth.

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
ssad.gif

how about try being a decent person? that'll usually make people genuinely like you...

LOL! i totally agree

veilchen

Wow, when I was an 11-year-old child, I was just that: a child, playing with Barbie dolls instead of Playboy bunnies ... Since when aren't children allowed to be children anymore? I can't really believe that this girl wants all of this of her own accord, her mother's surely the motor behind this. It sounds similar to these beauty pageants where 5-year-olds are dressed up to parade just because their mothers want to distinguish themselves ... Poor girl.

Marielle001

That whole article is kind of disturbing, but what really bothers me is the teeth! If you're that ridiculously image-conscious wouldn't you get braces? Maybe it's because I'm American and teeth-obsessed but their teeth look funny to me... Although I wouldn't ordinarily think their teeth were bad if it weren't for the context of the article.

And there is no way I would ever encourage a child to be like that. Very creepy. Reminds me of the pageant girls in Little Miss Sunshine.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Wow, when I was an 11-year-old child, I was just that: a child, playing with Barbie dolls instead of Playboy bunnies ... Since when aren't children allowed to be children anymore?

Since everyone's been expected to be superlative beings. It's not uncommon to have people push their kids beyond what I believe is healthy. It's mostly in academics, but I think the idea is the same

as_cute_as_pie

had to revive this thread!
she was on a program last night 9pm on bbc3 called sasha-beauty queen at 11
or something like that

the mother made me sooooooooooo angry grrrrrr
angry.gif

they were going to dallas to compete in a pagent there and at the airport the mother was sayin go on practice now (she was doing a cheerleading routine for her talent) and they were literally sitting in the middle of the airport restaurant and sasha was like noo people will stare
and her mum went in a RIGHT mood and sasha said why do u always shout at me when ive done nothing
and her mum acting like a 5 year old said under her breath exactly you've done nothing

and at the pagent (if we can call it that they had about 4 contestants) sasha won the most trophies out of any of the contestants but another girl won the beauty queen title and her bro (they also had a little boys pagent) won every prize (i think) as he was the only one entered!
so they ended up with like 8 trophies and STILL her mum wasnt happy
angry.gif
bcos they didnt win the title for gods sake its a silly crown cant you be please you're daughter won SOMETHING

grr she makes me sick :|

i think its repeated at 9pm on thurs 17th on bbc3
smiles.gif

User93

I find it awful when parents try to get over their own complexes by using kids, making kids be what they always wanted. Of course this lil girl can be enjoyning it for now, she is 11, she is fasinated by all this glam and glitters. The truth is that extensions, tan, all this make-up - they do damage your health. Thats just more acceptable when an older person gets this, the health is more stable at least, as well as mental health.

I think this mom just always admired Jordan, and tries to make her dreams come true using her daughter. Thats awful. She definitely needs some help.

Here goes

-would you encourage your young child to be like this?

Nope, never. I want my future kid healthy, i would help her with everything, buy her a good teenage lotion to prevent teenage pimples, and a suitable gentle make-up. I found THAT thing sick.

-would you encourage your child to lose weight and workout everyday

Yes, if my kid would be fat or obesed a little, i would. Just because of health and her self esteem reasons. Of course for the parent the child is always the cutest ever, yet i dont understand Moms who tell their obvious obesed daughters they are perfect and dont need to change anything. In healthy way, i would make my kid do that.

-would you encourage your young 4 year old daughter to wear makeup?

hell no.

-would you let your young daughter get into playboy?

As soon as she will be 18, and if she will really want it, yes. I find underaged models in such magazines a really sick thing. I will try to raise my daughter the way she will know the limits herself and decide herself. If at 18 she would still be into it and it would be her dream, i would support her.

Shaquille

I think it's ridiculous
thmbdn.gif
I think she should go to John Robert Powers instead to learn a lot about personality.
Then when she grows up, she'll be able to have all the potentials

NatalieMT

I watched the documentary last night too and it was quite disturbing. The family went to a model agency only to be told Sasha needed to look like an 11 year old child and that they wanted the children on their books to 'look like children'. I think that was probably the sentiment of the show in my mind.

I understand pageants are sort of the norm. in the South but I still don't think it's wholly right. These children are being taught the wrong values.

In Sasha's case I think she knew she was different and it came across from watching her that she wasn't really happy with who she was becoming. It was a major case of the pushy parent. She seemed less concerned about getting an education and more worried about being 'sexy' and appealing to boys.

I don't disagree with people becoming glamour modelling - it's a great career and a really good earner if you get it right and have the right looks and attitude. I just think the decision to become a glamour model should fall into the hands of someone when they reach the appropriate age - which in my mind is 18, certainly not 11.

n_c

-would you encourage your young child to be like this?
I have a nine year old girl...um and that's definitely a NO...actually a HELL NO.

COBI

Here's a sign of the mother's lack of logic:

She said, "We’re a good-looking family ? she can’t help being good-looking. I just want her to use it to achieve something.”

Um, okay, all other things aside (age, etc), if you're such a good-looking family, why do you need all the enhancements (extensions, tan, etc)?

I, too, think this is sad because there is not way that it's not completely screwing up this child's psyche.

JustDivine

"After our interview, Jayne will be taking Sasha to cheerleading classes, in a further bid to realise that all-American dream.

She makes Sasha practise her cheerleading wherever she goes - even pushing her into the middle of the floor in restaurants. Why?

'You have to be out there, being noticed, even at a bus stop. What if Andrew Lloyd Webber walks past?'

What will become of the child, who turns just 12 in two weeks? We might hope for a reverse teenage rebellion - one in which she dyes her hair mousey brown and professes a desire to study political science at university - but it's unlikely.

Ask Sasha how she sees herself and she replies: 'Blonde, pretty, dumb - I don't need brains.' Her mum laughs her head off at this, proud that the child is so like her."