what do you guys think of an 11 year old girl wanting to be...

JustDivine

" 'People go on about the paedophile thing, but they've got that one wrong. Paedophiles don't want girls who look 18. If anything, it's the fresh-faced younger ones they want.
'And so what if she poses in a bikini? There are plenty of 11-year-old girls on beaches in bikinis. If people have a problem with it, I'd say it is their problem, not mine.

'Besides, as I keep saying, this is what Sasha wants.'"

JustDivine

article-1032029-01D6C60100000578-746_468x315.jpg

k.a.t

Wow, poor little girl has been brainwashed amd controlled by her sad, sicko of a mother.
ssad.gif

Her mother is just crazy..

pratbc

WOW, this is absolutely disturbing in my opinion. This "mother" (I put that it quotes b/c there doesn't really seem to be anything maternal about her) is robbing the poor girl of her childhood. When I was 11 I was playing around the neighborhood with my friends, building forts, playing with barbies and had no clue what Playboy even was. And I was a very early bloomer- I was totally developed by age 10.
Lately I have noticed that society as a whole seems to be encouraging little girls to look like grown-ups. I personally do not have a daughter (was blessed with a son) but I do have a 6 year old niece who I am very close with. Just clothes shopping for her I notice that A LOT of the clothes they are selling now for kids her age are absolutely not age appropriate. On the racks I see mini versions of the same clothes they are selling for teens and adults. Why would they even make Playboy clothing, belly shirts, and mini skirts in little girls sizes???? I find myself having to sift through the racks just to find something non-trampy for her to wear. Then I see these little girls walking around wearing t-shirts that say "sexy" and things of that nature on them and I immediately wonder how any mother in their right mind would purchase and/or allow their little girls to wear that type of thing.
In my opinion, this little girl and her mother look incredibly tacky and cheap in the last picture posted. If the look they are going for is "glamour" this mother's got it all wrong (maybe trailer park glamour). There is absolutely nothing classy or beautiful about the image this mother is forcing onto her daughter.
So sad....

Lapis

Would I do this to my kid, NO WAY.
Would I make her exercise? Nope that's what playing is for.

On something the OP said
Quote:
american girls who do beauty pageants all look beautiful with bright white teeth, really dark tans, beautifully looked after hair, amazing makeup

Yes but take out the fake teeth, fake hair, let the tan fade and they look just like this little girl, she could enter and win as long as she does the same thing that all the American kids do.
Since when they wash their makeup off I bet they look alot like this poor little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
" 'People go on about the paedophile thing, but they've got that one wrong. Paedophiles don't want girls who look 18. If anything, it's the fresh-faced younger ones they want.
'And so what if she poses in a bikini? There are plenty of 11-year-old girls on beaches in bikinis. If people have a problem with it, I'd say it is their problem, not mine.

'Besides, as I keep saying, this is what Sasha wants.'"

I think her mother is jaded as hell!! But she had a point her daughter won't be on a pedophile's radar she's too adult, BUT that doesn't mean that some one else wouldn't take advantage of her because she's coming across as mature and if someone has the opportunity they may take advantage of her, coupled with the I'm pretty/I don't need to be smart attitude she's ripe for being taken advantage of anyway.

adela88

shes beautiful i mean comeone guys- you remember when you were 11..using dollar store nailpolishes and those tacky bright eyeshadows that came with magazines and the first time we all got highlights around that age...thats no different with her apart from its all professionally done..
i had long manicured nails at 11- my mother always had the idea that well groomed nails are essential.My hair was naturally that light and i wore makeup.i didnt master the smokey eye till my teens though :p

what does make me piiiised is her mother. is serously like to hit that moody cow.it literally makes my blood boil to see what physcological damamage shes doing to that girl and ahh the fathers even worse-- he just sits by and says absolutly nothing..

fafinette21

wow that picture of her and her mother is way creepy. for god's sake i'm 21 and i don't even dress like that!
i'd love to see them on the dr. phil show and have good ol phil knock some sense into this woman.

BarrelOfDonkeys

I have no idea what a glamour model is, but I think it's disgusting that her mother lets (well, by the sounds of it, makes) her wear makeup, extensions and spray tan (although at least it's not a real tan) at that age.

ellienellie

I personally think it's a disgrace, and her mother should be ashamed.

What on earth is she teaching her daughter?? That all she should aim for in life is big boobs, outward appearance and shallowness?

Where's the parent and child upbringing? where's the damn childhood!?
She's only 11!
She should be playing with dolls and wearing cute dresses, not slapping on make-up, fake tan and skimpy outfits.
If I ever have a girl, I'm telling you, I would NOT allow it, no way, never.

I find this really SAD, poor girl! Her mom is obviously missing something in her life to push her baby to grow up so fast. Whatever happened to riding bikes and playing tag, I wouldn't allow my daughter those things just because at that age she just simply is not ready.

The reason I think that this is so wrong is because the mothers actions are supporting this poor little girls negative body image. Sure your white, lets get you tan, because your skin just isn't what skin should look like. Your nails arent nice enough lets cover them up with acrylics, your hair is not long enough or the right color lets fix that to. This is just pure negative reinforcement of the already off kilter body image this girl has. She says she worried about her weight??? What the hell; she's like 80 pounds. I mean at least give her time to discover who she is and love that person before you change that person; to what the mother wants her to be. Her mother should be building her up at this age, telling her that she's beautiful just as she is not cosmetically changing that person.

Secondly the MALE attention she may or may not get she is obviously not ready to deal with! If she thinks that she need to be "pretty" for people to "like" her. Her walking around with a playboy bunny plastered on her chest just may give off the wrong impression to some sicko.
nonono.gif

Starbright211

I think she's a cute kid if she would wipe all that $hit off her face, let go of the spray-on tan (orange skin is NOT attractive, on female Oompa Loompas yes, people not so much), get rid of those crappy ass acrylic nails.
Her mother should be ashamed of herself!!! I completely agree with all you ladies that have been saying that she is over sexualizing her kid. She needs to start being more of a mother, and less of a "friend"...
I would never encourage my Goddaughter to dress/behave this way. She just turned 13 and attended her first teen dance !!! I took her to MAC for the first time to get some tips on how to take care of her skin and the make-up application. (Thank you Vannessa
smiles.gif
) (She and I are completely different skin tones, and I wanted them to help me with what would look good on her...)
Anyho... I hope that this young girl realizes that she does not want to be Jordan and that the mother comes to her senses. (which I doubt, but there's ALWAYS hope)

SkylarV217

My heart breaks for that little girl, those are the body images that follow women around for the rest of their lives why impose them on her at an age when she need not worry about them?

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT

I understand pageants are sort of the norm. in the South but I still don't think it's wholly right. These children are being taught the wrong values.

I don't think they are the norm... they are still the exception .... I've lived in the south practically all my life and only know one pageant girl ( and she started after high-school for scholarships with Miss Tennessee) There were no girls in my school allowed to wear make up ( until middle-school ).

animecute

-would you encourage your young child to be like this? No way.
-would you encourage your child to lose weight and workout everyday. not really. I'll teach them how to live a healthy life...probarly let him/her play outside, go to the park and play tag...that sort of thing
-would you encourage your young 4 year old daughter to wear makeup? nope
-would you let your young daughter get into playboy? no x.x It's kinda ironic cause my friend got a playboy necklace for her 13th or 14th birthday from her grandmother! And we stared at each other and we're like does her grandmother know what playboy is...

If I had a daughter I'd let her play with nailpolish from time to time, but just for fun. Nothing like stick on nails or acyrils, heck I never use them. =P
I do think it's ok to let them play and experiment with makeup once they hit puberty, at the very least - maybe 12 but only simple stuff like nails and lipgloss. When she wants to and feels ready she can play with eye makeup but just for fun...till she's 14 or 15 lol.

I think 11 is TOO young; way too young, espically if she is forced to. This mother is like brainwashing her child, playing her like a doll. My parents do it in the opposite way and I hate it.

Geez, makeup when she is 4. That is just wrong. My mother put lipstick and stuff on my when I was 5 and I found it so annoying. I have no idea how she stands it. Kinda reminds me of when my boyfriend's mother tried to get him to wear a classy shirt and she's like "Wear it or no money" and he wore it. XP
Poor kid.

There is nothing wrong with having dreams, but this girl is getting spoonfed the wrong idea and point of modeling. It's brainwashing I tell ya. Being beautiful isn't about covering up, nor is makeup. Makeup is to enhance and she should at least have fun and do it if she wants to, not because her mother tells she so. Since she's so young she would be more gullible and her mother seems to be taking advantage of that...not cool.

chameleonmary

I can't wait til puberty kicks in and this little girl becomes a real woman with curves, acne and all the other wonderful things you never expect at that age!