What does this mean?

StphVal

I swear sometimes the most random of things happen to me and I don't even see it coming, it's just incredible. Well it all started about 2-3 weeks ago. I had to get new glasses because the ones I have, the frame is super delicate and they can break easily, so while I was having my first one fixed I decided to get another pair that were much stronger. ANYWAYS, sooo lately when my Dr. would see me he would just come up to me and give me a huge hug and a kiss. I didn't really think much about it sooo I brushed that off. 2 weeks later my cousin needed to get an eye test done cuz obviously she wasn't seeing well. So I took her to my Dr and I accompanied her while she got her test. The dr again saw me and gave me this huge hug and kiss. So me and my cousin step into his office and the Dr and I are just talking and talking and talking. I dont even remember how the convo started all I know is that he ends up talking about Alex (my ex) and how he had noticed how controlling he is and bla bla (which is not far from the damn truth) so I was talking to the Dr about that and he goes well I have noticed that and asks me if I was happy and lots of other stuff to which I simply told him the truth, nothing to hide. He goes oh I'm going to make him jealous , next time you're here im going to hug you more than ever and he stands up and gives me a hug and a kiss...I'm like umnnnn uh huh. So then he goes Stephanie you are so mature for your age its incredible you should just leave that behind you and focus on someone older than you. Whom is that the same capacity that you are. Then he goes " You are probably going to end up dating a 30 something year old with his own business, established" I looked at him and I thought damn he is describing himself...and I just go Oh really, he goes yeah. You know who that person is but you maybe don't want to admit it, that person is closer to you than you think. Ok right about then my mind is like oh what in the hell lol. But he then continues to do my cousins test and bla bla. Afterwards I get up to leave and just joking I go so doc who's that lady out in front he goes Oh its this lady that won't stop coming here and I look at him like Uh huh yea sure...although it was the truth cuz his secretary had told me, but anywho I couldnt keep talking to him and he goes we shall talk about this next time...I came out of that office going..what just happened...soo was he flirting, I've always felt attracted to him but now I dont know if he actually likes me or if it was all joking ...*confused*

urbanlilyfairy

Totally sounds like he wants to date you. Definetly hitting on you no doubt. I bit unethical to hit on your patients ..but if he's hott and single why not .. But it makes me wonder if he hits on all his cute patients ? lol you never know.

StphVal

No, he's completely single
graucho.gif

StphVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
Do you like him back?

Yea I do, I feel really attracted to him

StphVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy
Totally sounds like he wants to date you. Definetly hitting on you no doubt. I bit unethical to hit on your patients ..but if he's hott and single why not .. But it makes me wonder if he hits on all his cute patients ? lol you never know.

That did cross my mind, I asked his secretary to whom I'm super close with and she said that he is obviously nice and all but not to an extreme

PigmentJunkie

Go for it, it's worth a shot!
thmbup.gif

About the age difference - my husband is 11 years older than me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Wait...a few things...
You're still pretty young (no offense...), don't sleep with him right off the bat, lay ground rules for the relationship (if there is one), and don't get caught up in letting someone older make the decisions for you.

Those elements are key.

StphVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Wait...a few things...
You're still pretty young (no offense...), don't sleep with him right off the bat, lay ground rules for the relationship (if there is one), and don't get caught up in letting someone older make the decisions for you.

Those elements are key.

No, I understand all of that...I'm not aiming to sleep with him, I would just really like a nice genuine relationship with him, since he's someone I get along with very well.

Beauty Mark

Well... I don't mean to rain on your parade, but that just seems really unethical to me. You are of age, of course, but that's awfully pushy towards a patient (the hugging/kissing part) when you don't know if she's into you. Besides, doctors aren't really supposed to date their patients.

I'm not saying don't pursue him, but be cautious.

StphVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Well... I don't mean to rain on your parade, but that just seems really unethical to me. You are of age, of course, but that's awfully pushy towards a patient (the hugging/kissing part) when you don't know if she's into you. Besides, doctors aren't really supposed to date their patients.

I'm not saying don't pursue him, but be cautious.

I know...that's why I was i've been pretty confused. it's weird that a dr would act that way. Let's see what happens.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by StphVal
Ok so here's the darn catch...I'm 21 and he's 35:whattha:

and the problem here is??????

As long as you are comfortable with him, then go for it...but Shimmer gave you some really good advice...

Urbana

is he good looking? :p
i would give him a chance. you dont loose anything just going out once... and if you like it you could go out on a date another time
smiles.gif