What is your makeup kryptonite?

LavenderPearl

I feel like for the most part on here we tend to be equal-opportunity beauty lovers. :haha: But do you ever find that you have a bias towards specific beauty products? Or better yet, specific colors with different product types that always make you weak in the knees? No matter how many dupes you have, you always find yourself gravitating towards these products/shades regardless of brand, formula, price loint, etc. Here are mine: Products: - Lipsticks, lipsticks, and more lipsticks! Throw in lip crayons, and then a few more lipsticks :lmao: Shades: - Berry-toned lip colors - Blue-green/teal eyeliners - Dark blue nail polish (shimmery, metallic, and creme) - Satin/shimmer eye products that are very similar to my skin tone with just a little more *oomph* - Watermelon (very red pinks/pink reds) lip colors Not quite kryptonite status, but I also love a good sheer, easy-to-thrown-on red lipstick or gloss! Please tell me I'm not alone in this lol What are yours? :)

shontay07108

I will never have enough lipsticks. Period. Coral, coral, coral. Orange or reddish coral lipsticks and blushes. Always. Any shade of matte or satin lipstick. Lip stains always suck me in. I'm always searching for the perfect one. Green eyeliner or eyeshadow. Taupe eyeshadow Black gel liner. I want to try them all. Those things always suck me in no matter how much I have of any of it.

PinayGator

Products:

Definitely lipsticks - I don't discriminate between the finishes, but I'll take a matte over a glossy lippie any day.

Bronzers and highlighters. Even if I know I have dupes, it could always be SLIGHTLY different. Or that's how I justify it in my head.

Shades:

For lippies, it's corals/oranges/reds...and nudes for my skin tone. I'll dabble in the pinks and purples, but I always gravitate towards the former.

I'm also a sucker for anything in the bronzer/copper/gold category, be it a highlighter, nail polish or an eyeshadow, I've got to grab them all!

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my makeup obsession!
girlhaha.gif

Marsha Pomells

Purple lipsticks, loose eyeshadow and pigments. I'm even adding gel liners as my kryptonite. I don't care what brand the purple lipstick is, I will find it and buy it. Loose eyeshadows and pigments: I'm fussy about the brand, it either has to be MAC or Barry M. There are other brands, but I stick to what I know. Gel liner... Again, I don't care about the brand, but they are a lot easier and a lot less messier to use. And the colour pay off is just

Jennyemm

I love lipsticks! I will buy a lipstick over any other product easily. As for shades, I gravitate towards purples, golds, and rose golds for blushes, lippies, eyeshadows, pretty much everything lol

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Blushes.
girlhaha.gif
In any shade, preferably matte to satiny ones.
Also highlighters and any kind of powder with a pretty design.
Nude lipsticks.

gina12345

I am a Bronzer fiend! I am constantly searching for that perfect sunkissed glow.
eyelove.gif
I have way too many things that I fall in & out and back in love with LOL!
I am also on lipstick lockdown, I love nude lipstick & I have way too many, I am on a bright coral kick & just got MAC Toxic Tale & La Vie En Rouge. They are perfect for this time of year & work well with my quest for the sunkissed glow.
th_wiggle2.gif

itsmeg

Love this thread!

Highlighters: ANY & EVERY. From liquid, to cream, to powder - I NEED THEM ALL :D
Bronzers: All matte bronzers, I can't have enough!
Blushes: Corals, Reds, and Peaches!
Lipsticks: Nudes & Dark Berries (Pure Heroine to be exact ;) )
Eyeshadow Palettes: ALL, you can never have enough, right..?

SlugPower

Nail polish. I have an unreasonable amount of it. I regret it somehow but I don't know what to do about it.

Colour weaknesses would be blue and green. It's not a shade I can choose from. I will get it in every form available if my wallet allows. Taupe-greys are also bad, especially because this one I can't justify not getting it because I will only use seldomly.

I also have magpie tendencies. Something sparkly or very colourful will get my attention.

Dior. I blame this on getting used to the brand and visiting their counter so often. I get comfortable with it and therefore, I am weaker towards it.

gina12345

Nail polish. I have an unreasonable amount of it. I regret it somehow but I don't know what to do about it.

Colour weaknesses would be blue and green. It's not a shade I can choose from. I will get it in every form available if my wallet allows. Taupe-greys are also bad, especially because this one I can't justify not getting it because I will only use seldomly.

I also have magpie tendencies. Something sparkly or very colourful will get my attention.

Dior. I blame this on getting used to the brand and visiting their counter so often. I get comfortable with it and therefore, I am weaker towards it.
It sounds like you turn into a ......make up ZOMBIE
blush-anim-cl.gif

gina12345

Love this thread!

Highlighters: ANY & EVERY. From liquid, to cream, to powder - I NEED THEM ALL :D
Bronzers: All matte bronzers, I can't have enough!
Blushes: Corals, Reds, and Peaches!
Lipsticks: Nudes & Dark Berries (Pure Heroine to be exact ;) )
Eyeshadow Palettes: ALL, you can never have enough, right..?
I am slowly turning into a highlighter addict too, MAC Cheeky Bronze, Petal Power, Style & Springsheen are recent rediscoveries for me.

Marsha Pomells

Nail polish. I have an unreasonable amount of it. I regret it somehow but I don't know what to do about it. Colour weaknesses would be blue and green. It's not a shade I can choose from. I will get it in every form available if my wallet allows. Taupe-greys are also bad, especially because this one I can't justify not getting it because I will only use seldomly. I also have magpie tendencies. Something sparkly or very colourful will get my attention. Dior. I blame this on getting used to the brand and visiting their counter so often. I get comfortable with it and therefore, I am weaker towards it.
Yep. I know all about the nail polish hoarding. Doesn't help when you can buy 10 bottles of OPI, China Glaze and other brands for under £40 at the wholesalers

mimi0701

I can't say no to a lipstick if it's pink or purple. My next favorites are highlighters. I hardly ever buy eyeshadow though.

Ajigglin

Lipsticks. Nudes, reds, berries, and purples. It's really a sickness. I'm just grateful I don't have any other addictions.

AnastasiaRuth

Lipstick Lover, Collector, possibly Hoarder... I love bright, hot pinks & fuchsias, then I love purples too. You can throw in oranges and reds also, lol. Other than that, I love slim eyeshadow palettes and I'm starting to love highlighters! :heart: Blue-based colors are to die for.

lipstickpd23

Matte/retro matte lipsticks and lip liners. I'm trying to help my addiction but I can't! I want them all. I'm trying really hard not to get into other brands which is the only reason I'm not broke lol.