What is Your Technology Pet Peeve

AppleDiva

Hey, I love gadgets and, sometimes, widgets, but I do not always like the functionality. (Does not prevent me using the gadget) lol So here are some of my tech pet peeves.
  1. My iPod Nano's earbuds cannot fit in my ear, why because my ears are too small. I have to use regular headphones! Urks me
    ssad.gif
  2. Since I have nails, I have to type on hubby's iPhone with the side of my finger (like I am being fingerprinted)
  3. I cannot view YouTube on my Blackberry....what the heck!
What are some of your tech pet peeves?

Brittni

Windows Vista. Enough said.

Don't fix what isn't broken. :grumble: Missing my XP now that I just got a new laptop... :tear:

M.A.C. head.

The internet connection on my SideKick LX is TERRIBLE.

The running time is slow and I can't watch videos at all. Loading pictures takes forever.

ms_bloom

As a Mac lover of the computer as well as cosmetic kind, I hate with a passion that lots of programs are Windows-only. Luckily there are Mac equivalents (or betters!) for nearly everything I use (although I haven't tried SPSS for Mac yet). I also hate websites that are optimised for the horrible Internet Explorer, or worse yet, only run on IE. And I do not use the word "hate" lightly. Ugh. A lot of it is because people just assume the proportion of their market that needs Mac (and Linux?) -friendly software and sites are negligible (or don't even bother to consider this), but it is tantamount to discrimination!

NicksWifey

I have such a hard time with Microsoft Word for Vista. It's nothing like the previous Word versions, I mean, it is and it isn't. It's hard to describe. I just can't navigate it at all, I feel retarted whenever I need to type a document up.

ms_bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I second windows vista... maybe we are old farts? its just confusing and i dont know how to use it.

No, not at all, if you read tech blogs etc., then you'll see that lots of IT people don't even like it. We are still on XP at work but this will inevitably change, and they are also beginning to roll out Office 2007 which I agree looks bamboozling. I haven't switched over to Office 2008 for Mac so I hope that's not a similar leap.

Shanti

My vixy.net converter is almost never working when I'm trying to convert a Youtube video.

laperle

I second the MAC thing.

And, AppleDiva, I have the same problem regarding earbuds and I got great earphones at ifrogz.

I HATE my digicam that died on me when I was all set for my first FOTD pics.

OfficerJenny

I think i'm one of the few people who prefers vista over XP? o-o-o

I dont have a lot of pet peeves cause im a geek and can figure things out pretty easily ;-;

melliquor

Ohh... i love Vista and Office 2007. It does take awhile to figure it out but it is much easier and stable than XP.

I hate the IPhone... it is so crap... i prefer my N95. Ipod drives me crazy because they are always breaking or crashing.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom
No, not at all, if you read tech blogs etc., then you'll see that lots of IT people don't even like it. We are still on XP at work but this will inevitably change, and they are also beginning to roll out Office 2007 which I agree looks bamboozling. I haven't switched over to Office 2008 for Mac so I hope that's not a similar leap.

Office 07 is confusing at first... but it's the same (plus more!) options on a different, more visual menu system.

i have been using office 07 for a while now and like it much more than older versions. there are some improvements that have made my life much easier at work.

Vista though? blaaaah. too much focus on being "pretty" and it gobbles up system resources.

my personal pet peeve is my current digital camera. it will not allow me to transfer pics to my computer without the special (and clunky) software installed. my old cam would load up like an external harddrive and i could transfer stuff easily.

Beauty Mark

I like Apple products, but I hate that the iPod scratches so frickin easily. It's like just looking at it can scratch it.

I also hate that laptop wireless mice are so tiny. I have small hands, and those things are still uncomfortable.

MzzRach

I really dislike Windows OS generally glitchiness in general.

I especially love it when I experience a "fatal error" for no reason whatsoever.

Although the term "fatal error" makes me laugh. Is my computer now terminally ill?

k.a.t

I don't have Vista yet
ssad.gif

um i guess my pet peeve would be that for some unknow reason i can't change the ink cartrisges in my brand new printer...that's really sucks coz i'm almost out but it won't let me change them...argh

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by laperle
I second the MAC thing.

And, AppleDiva, I have the same problem regarding earbuds and I got great earphones at ifrogz.

I HATE my digicam that died on me when I was all set for my first FOTD pics.

Thanks, I will check out iFrogz...Hopefully, they will work for me.

nibjet

My pet peeve right now is that my htc touch phone is windows based, and crashes about three times a day, typically when I'm getting an incoming call. The alarm on it never works either, and all day long it gives me notifications that I have new voicemail, even when I don't. So I went to go check out the iPhone, was pretty much set to ditch Sprint, and my beloved Sero plan ($30/month!) for AT&T, only to discover that i can't type on the damn thing because I have nails. I may get it anyway and buy a stylus, I'm used to using it with the htc touch anyway.

Brittni

Does anyone know if it's even possible when your laptop comes with Vista installed to switch back to XP? I know they recently stopped manufacturing new CD's but idfc! I hate it!!!! LOL

and I'm not an old fart... I'm 19!