What is Your Technology Pet Peeve

PolyphonicLove

I adore Vista - its so rad. Then again I'm also taking a Collge BCA class at my high school, so I HAVE to be able to navigate Word, Powerpoint, etc. Trust me ladies, it's easier than it looks!

NutMeg

Just a shoutout from a uni student who has to use the new Word... It is so much better than the XP version. The tabs at the top contain soooo many really useful and helpful functions. It can be hard to use something when you don't recognize any of the parts... But please give it a try.

kimmy

iphones. everything's okay in moderation, but damn the iphone is just so overdone.

HeavenLeiBlu

I hate Vista, but then again, I hated XP when it was released, too, but I adapted. I'm frustrated with the wifi at my job, because the connection always drops out on me. :-(. I also hate that nobody in my neighborhood has wifi, with their broke asses, LOL. I'm finally gonna just go ahead and do it myself. I'm a lazy ass and I don't like getting outta bed to surf the net sometimes, lmao.

BloodMittens

That I can't view Youtube on my sidekick.
That my sidekick sucks.
That my sidekick never wants to call anyone.

(but at least it has a video capture now for FREE)

glam8babe

ipod ear phones - when im at the gym on the treadmill they just seem to fall out every minute!
recharging digital cameras (they take so long!)
when the sigal goes off on TV - especially when something good is on!

vocaltest

ahhh i love vista. so much better. but i HATE the new word, so confusing. it takes me about ten years to work out how to change the line spacing (stupid uni assignment rules!)

emeraldjewels

I love vista!

But I hate uploading photos to photobucket and having to resize them, etc.. It takes me so long, I wish it was much easier to post pictures

laperle

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
ipod ear phones - when im at the gym on the treadmill they just seem to fall out every minute!
recharging digital cameras (they take so long!)
when the sigal goes off on TV - especially when something good is on!

Becky, try the ifrogz earpollution phones or their iPlugz. They have 25% off now and ship worldwide. I really like their earphones, I have 4 of them! They really go into the ear and even block a lot of outside noise!

Rennah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Does anyone know if it's even possible when your laptop comes with Vista installed to switch back to XP? I know they recently stopped manufacturing new CD's but idfc! I hate it!!!! LOL

and I'm not an old fart... I'm 19!

Hey, this is kind of old information, but it might help you: FAQ: Giving up on Vista? Here's how to downgrade to XP
If you have a Lenovo, check this out: Lenovo Support & downloads - Downgrading from Windows Vista to Windows XP

BTW, I have a technology degree... IT is what I do.
My pet peeves are: blue screens, hard drive failures, never having enough RAM, CPU power, or hard drive space, and downloads that take too long!
Also, when people don't pay their website bills and you end up at a placeholder site instead of the site you wanted to see.
But probably my biggest pet peeve are the prices of technology, and the fact that whenever you buy something new, it's outdated in less than 6 months.

Nox

I hate this Vista on my new laptop, it is currently not as robust as XP was, and I'm not thrilled that Microsoft is using it's customers as quality control (submitting automatic crash reports everytime the system goes wonky.)

I am very glad I still have my desktop operating on XP.