What MAC brushes DON'T I need?

xxAngelxx

I know there are similar threads about what is everyones staple brushes, but I wanted to do it a little different. I've decided to buy one brush with every order I make. So is there any brushes that just aren't worth it? Or that are so limited in their use that other brushes are better?

I have the 226 already and I just ordered the 188 and 239 today.

So what do I need to cross off my "list"?

makeupjunkie08

the 239 is also a great brush that does so many things, you don't need the 213
I can't help you out with other mu brushes cause I'm really all about the eyes, sorry

coquetayloca

The 222, 224, and 226 are all pretty similar... (I have them all
smiles.gif
) I would stick with the 226 if you can find it. I like it the most.

ETA--- so you do have the 226! Invest in the others later on...

pdtb050606

Well I have the 226 and I still think you should have at least one or the other of 222 & 224. IMO the 226 doesn't blend out the color as well as the other two, but that's just me

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
Well I have the 226 and I still think you should have at least one or the other of 222 & 224. IMO the 226 doesn't blend out the color as well as the other two, but that's just me

iagree.gif

Honestly if I had to pick 2, I'd go with the 222 and 224. I don't use the 226 that much, but since you've already got it, I'd recommend the 224. I find it to be a much better blender than the 222 (prefer it for color placement).

Cinci

ITA that if you have the 226, you dont NEED the 224.. The 226 is what I always wished the 224 would be....

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
224 is a must have IMO

ditto. I have 222, 224, and the 226 and if I had to pick just one, I would get the 224. I like the 222 for color placement and the 226 for blending in smaller areas. But, nothing does the job like the 224, lol. I think I'm going to try using the 226 for some nose contouring, though.

I'll have to dig through my brushes when I'm at home to come up w/ some more recs of brushes you don't need.

TISH1124

224 for sure ...a couple actually.....and if you don't have the 217....It's another double must for me

BloopBloop

226 cant blend shadow like the 224. i use the 226 mainly for my crease, same for the 222. so that being said, grab a 224 and save the 222 for whenever you're feeling spend-happy.

i'd pass on the 219 as well, its just a stiff pencil brush im sure you can find a cheaper one some place else.

edit:
awww tish you beat me to the punch, i was gonna say that! =p

217= <3

SakurasamaLover

A lot of people raves about 224 but if you have a small eye go with the 222 it's way better for those.

In my opinion you need 165 as it can do so many things, blush highlight contour... it can replace all the others for that purpose.

andrrea

I'm not crazy about the 224, much prefer the 222! Also, the 275 is one I`d also stay away from!

gigiopolis

You don't need any MAC liner brushes like the 209 or 210. You can find cheap alternatives easily that don't differ too much in quality.

There's a lot of brushes that you don't necessarily need, really. I mean if you want to keep it simple you could honestly just keep with one shader brush and one blending brush, plus an angled liner brush. So 239/242, 217, and the 266 are really all you need.

Granted, there are other brushes that help make your job easier but if you practice enough, those three can totally suffice. In terms of eye brushes anyway.

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
You don't need any MAC liner brushes like the 209 or 210. You can find cheap alternatives easily that don't differ too much in quality.

There's a lot of brushes that you don't necessarily need, really. I mean if you want to keep it simple you could honestly just keep with one shader brush and one blending brush, plus an angled liner brush. So 239/242, 217, and the 266 are really all you need.

Granted, there are other brushes that help make your job easier but if you practice enough, those three can totally suffice. In terms of eye brushes anyway.

My 209/210 are Sonia Kashuk's brushes..they aren't bad at all. I really like the 252 lately also.

L1LMAMAJ

i agree. if you have the 226, i think u should still get the 224. the 224 is best for blending out harsh lines. the 226 is good for depositing color in the crease.

nadiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloopBloop
226 cant blend shadow like the 224. i use the 226 mainly for my crease, same for the 222. so that being said, grab a 224 and save the 222 for whenever you're feeling spend-happy.

i'd pass on the 219 as well, its just a stiff pencil brush im sure you can find a cheaper one some place else.

edit:

217= <3

I don't have the 222 but I agree with everything you said about the other brushes.

jacquelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloopBloop

edit:

217= <3

219 is great for applying under eye and even blending and smudging.