What pink eyeshadows work for woc?

Sundae

Hi, I' looking for a combination of pink eyeshadows that show up on dark skin. I haven't been able to find anything that doesn't look ashy or washed out. I'm a NW45 and I really want to find a pink that works I have been looking at budding beauty but not sure if it would show up.
Light or dark what are your recs?

AfricanaEyes

I'm NW45 and not really a fan of pink shadows because I think that they look ashy on me too. I think the trick with working with them is finding a good base. Crimson shadestick (is that still around?) and Artifact paint pot are my favorite bases if and when I do attempt to wear pink shadows...

Star Violet and Romping (from the C-Shock Collection) are my favorites. I can even get down with Pink Venus when I pack it on. I also find that adding Carbon really helps make pink shadows look a little more "sultry". If that makes any sense. HTH!

disastarr

I use light flush mineralize skinfinish as an eyeshadow. It looks warm and not ashy at all. I'm an NC50. I put it on the inner lid with bronze on the middle lid and dark brown on the crease and outer lid. My boyfriend even compliments me when I wear it and he NEVER comments on my makeup.

makeba

expensive pink is my favorite shade of pink eyeshadows. its has a very mysterious hue to it. dont shy away from the pink color becuz there are so many shades i know would look beautiful on your skintone. mixing two tones of pink together on the eye of course looks nice as well. crimsonaire(?) shadestick makes sushi flower shadow pop like crazy!!! dollymix blush is a wonderful shade for woc. i am nw40 and i looked like a full time clown in a circus so it did not work for me but i saw it on a specktra diva who was nw45 and it was beautiful.

Sundae

thanks for the recs. i always thought that dollymix would look to bright on my complexion. i also have read mix reviews on sushi flower not showing up or being chalky.

I'll have a look at expensive pink, thanks
thmbup.gif

spectrolite

Nw45 here. I like using Neutral Pink from the N collection, Romping from C-Shock, Plum Dressing is a perm colour and its kind of pinky purpley. It's lovely! I would love to try that bright pink Matte 2 shade, Post Haste.

lazytolove

I think any matte pink will work. Bright fuschia pigment is a beautiful pink color. It shows up on every skin color =]

AppleDiva

Pinked Mauve p/g, a pinkish purple, is a great color. You may be able to buy samples on Speckta.

aziajs

I am a NW40/NC45/NW43 and I haven't seen a pink I didn't like. I have Pink Venus, which I actually really like. I don't get the problem with it. Pair it with Creme de Violet and it's gorgeous. I also have Motif, Vex (which is pink on me), Neutral Pink, and several others.

Sundae

Thank you for the recs ladies, with these pink eyeshadows do you have to pack them on to show up more or do the show up without having to pack it?

elektra513

I agree with aziajs, I haven't met a pink I didn't like either.

You have to have a nicely prepped canvas on the eye if the color isn't showing up on you. UDPP, paint pot, shadestick, etc for base is ideal, esp. for lighter pinks.

I own Scene 1, Girlie, Sushi Flower, and Naked Lunch from MAC, and Summer Sunset from Origins. I think I may have some more, but those are the ones I can recall now.

Oh, and if you pack the shadow on with a brush like #239 (I have the SK brush like it) rather than sweep the shadow on, you'll get better payoff. I personally think darker skins were made for color, esp. pink.
thmbup.gif

Good luck
smiles.gif

Edit:
I think the formula of the shadow can determine how easy v. how difficult the payoff will be, too. Scene 1's velvet texture took me a minute to figure out, but Girlie glides/packs on easily.

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazytolove
I think any matte pink will work. Bright fuschia pigment is a beautiful pink color. It shows up on every skin color =]

I like Bright Fuschia too (even though I read on here that you shouldn't use on the eye area
nope.gif
). It's really vibrant and looks cute when matched with purple eyeshadow.

I own Cranberry, In Living Pink (LE), and Swish. Cranberry is a pretty shade but it usually gets a little pastey if I've had it on a while (I need a base with it maybe?) I love In Living Pink, it's a pinkish-gold that is probably similar to Expensive Pink, just a different finish. Swish is a frosty pink that I bought but rarely wear just because it isn't one of my favorites.

I want to get Poste Haste, it looks pretty cute but I'll have to go investigate it first.

S.S.BlackOrchid

Most light-medium pinks just show up as white on me. I use deep, very pigmented pinks (Mac post haste, Loreal HiP Brazen) and layer shimmery lighter pinks over them.

blazeno.8

Well I was going to say neutral pink too! I also like Revved Up pigment. I have to disagree about pink venus though... I had to just give it away.
ssad.gif
I think that bases are your biggest friend when getting a pink to work for you. I'll go through my collection and let you know.

nunu

im nc43 and my faveorite pink es is da bling! I always use fresco paint pot as a base for pink looks because it helps the es pop

GlamYOURUs

My favs are post haste, melton mauve, neutral pink, swish and expensive pink. You can do so many looks with these colors and use them with a wide range of shadows.

Sundae

I have pinked mauve, but it doesn't show up. I may try using a mixing medium to help it show up. I also have cranberry but it looks more reddish than pink. I'm not a fan of how it looks on me so I don't really use it.

I was looking around of what pigment samples I have and I have pink vivid, bright fushia and pink glitter. I remember trying them earlier on and not liking them. But that was when I was very new to makeup. I'm gonna use my udpp and some mixing medium to help it come out. I also have naked lunch but it comes out whitish, not pink.

Seems like expensive pink and neutral pink seems to be a favourate. Thank you so much for the recs
smiles.gif