What skincare products do you use? Dr Hauschka? Clinique?

M4C_G1RL

Ok so im throwing out all my existing drugstore skincare products as they are doing nothing for me, and my acne is getting worse. Like they say, good make up starts with good skin, so im going to invest in some proper skincare, just wondered what you guys recommend, ive heard Dr Huschka is supposed to be really good, and has anybody tried cliniques 3 step programme? Or if you use something different all together? Thanks!

Nadeshda

I don't use either of those. I use Avéne (the Cleanance cleanser, toner and Cleanance K cream as a night cream), La Roche-Posay (the Hydraphasxe XL Legere moisturizer with SPF 15 as a day cream) and Galenic (the Messeger eye cream). It has worked very well for me since I've started using them in April, my skin cleared up and my skintone is more even.

redhairedlefty

I've been using Kiehl's Blue Herbal line for about a year now and it works better for *me* than ProActiv and all other lines I've tried. At night I use the gel cleanser, and several times a week add baking soda as a scrub to the cleanser. After that I use the astringent and the spot treatment if needed. Before makeup in the morning I use the blue herbal moisturizer. It also helps keep my makeup shine free. Just remember what works for some may not work for others. It all depends on your skin type. Also, in the shower I use Dove Sensitive Skin soap to wash my face. HTH!
smiles.gif

Susanne

I use Biotherm products. I can highly recommend them.

I once tried products by Clinique but got horrible breakouts from them.

noahlowryfan

I use Kanebo (Kracie) facial foam cleanser I got from the japanese $1 store and Olay Complete moisturizer. it works for me so I won't be trying anything else.

Shaquille

I use MAC's (but won't re-purchase, too damn expensive), Olay and Glysolid.
Want to try Philosophy, heard they're pretty good.

SweetCheeks

Shiseido the skincare is what I use, and I SWEAR by it. People stop me to ask about my skin, and I say I owe it all to these products.

MissAlphaKitty

La Roche Posay
- make up remover
- Cleansers
- toner
- Moisturizers

MD Formuations ... for treatments
- eye treatment
- 15% glycolic face scrub

star25

I use the Clinique 3 Step, and so far so good.
The bar soap cleans your skin really really well.. even if I have a ton of foundation, bronzer and blush on my face, nothing comes off on the cotton ball after I wash my face with it.
The toner has gotten a lot of flack because it has alcohol in it, but they also have a sensitive skin version of it that is alcohol-free (I personally don't mind the original formula, as I don't find it at all drying - I have combo skin).
And since I'm acne prone I'm kind of leery of moisturizer, so I use the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel as opposed to the Lotion, and it works great to give my skin the moisture it needs after I come out of the shower in the morning.

Their eye creams are very good too. Right now I use the Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream, and sometimes alternate with All About Eyes Rich.

I try to exfoliate as much as possible, but I'm not really a fan of their 7 Day Scrub Cream.. it feels like it leaves a bit of a film behind on my skin. I have an AMAZING at home Microdermabrasion kit from Chanel, that makes my skin baby soft and smooth. I love it.
yes.gif

And lastly if I have a breakout, I use the Proactiv Repairing Lotion at night.. NOT the whole kit, it's way too drying.

LoveMac26

I have used the Clinique 3 step skincare products for about two years now and I absolutely love it. Its easy to follow and keeps my skin clear and moisturized.

NatalieMT

I've tried Cliniqueand Clarins before but now I use Elemis. I have typical combination skin and the Clinque 3 step just made it SO much worse. The first ingredient in their toner is alcohol it's the worst thing in the world for combination skin like mine. I wouldn't use it again!

Clarins is really lovely skincare. Nice and natural and it did improve my skin for the better.

Now I use Elemis and I can't rave about it enough. Seriously underrated stuff! No alcohol, lots of natural ingredients. My skin is the best it has ever been since I switched the Elemis, the texture of my skin is fantastic, it's deeply cleansed, it's well hydrated, plumped. I could go on and on. I'm just very happy to have found a brand that works for me. They have products specifically for acne and other troublesome skin, which have helped reduce my breakouts and take down redness.

The products I use are -
Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser.
Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner.
Elemis Maximum Moisture Day Cream.
SOS Emergency Cream.
Elemis Absolute Eye Serum.
Elemis Skin Buff.
Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair Mask.

Hope you find something that works for you too. Xxx

RoxyJ

I've been using NeoStrata, and I love just about everything they make. Specifically thier AHA products.

slogirl

I have used Philosphy for years and LOVE IT. They have great products for any skin type == plus they are on QVC and when they have a"Todays Special Value" you can get a whole bunch of products for a great price. I also buy them at Sephora- they kits that are cheaper than just getting one product - and then another etc..

msmack

Avene products for me - I have even got my man on board for the men's line of Avene products. I like the Cold Cream Cleanser - sounds greasy, but isn't. So gentle and gets all my makeup/sunscreen off. Really good for sensitive skin and contains no SLS.

yodagirl

I've been using the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control line (foam cleanser, toner, 3-in-1 treatment) for several months now and have only had about 3 pimples in that whole time...Before using this line, I was averaging about 2-3 pimples a week
throwup.gif
I have awful, oily skin and this line has done a wonderful job at keeping the oil under control without completely drying my skin out. The 3-in-1 treatment I find absolutley fabulous...I apply it before bed and wake up with silky, smooth skin...LOVE it!

I would also like to add, that while I adore the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and use it everyday, the rest of the skincare products I have tried from them (facial soap, toner) didn't do much for me as far as breakouts are concerned...plus it dried my skin out terribly. HTH
smiles.gif

KellyBean

I've been using Noxzema original cream and an Olay moisturizer.

Noxzema smells horrible but it works really well. The olay moisturizer, I've used it for about a year on and off. I love it!

glam8babe

i used clinique the other week and it gave me acne!!! it was soo bad i couldnt even leave the house, but since i stopped using it it's really calmed down