What's your brush collection like ???

aziajs

P3140015.jpg

Mine is mostly MAC brushes. I tend to like to stick to a brand. But I do have several non-MAC brushes. I think the majority of my collection are eye brushes or it may be equally face and eye brushes.

Life In Return

I can't afford the MAC brushes. Well, I guess I can, but I do well w/the brushes I have. I'd love to have the MAC ones just because though, lol
smiles.gif

user79

Good make-up brushes are SO expensive. Over the top expensive. When I think of spending $50 for a single brush...that could feed a whole family in some poor country for a week. I don't know, I feel guilty about it. Or I think of other ways I could spend that $50. I have a set of L'Oreal brushes, and some Quo brushes. They work ok.

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Good make-up brushes are SO expensive. Over the top expensive. When I think of spending $50 for a single brush...that could feed a whole family in some poor country for a week. I don't know, I feel guilty about it. Or I think of other ways I could spend that $50. I have a set of L'Oreal brushes, and some Quo brushes. They work ok.

I agree with you that they are super expensive. The thing is though, I used to cheap out and buy other brushes. Then they started falling apart and they didn't work well to apply my make up. I actually wasted a lot of make up because some of my cheap brushes back then were so coarse they would literally "eat" into my make up. I kept replacing them with new ones and it actually got to the point where I was spending more on cheap ones than I would on one expensive one that would last me a long time.

I started small on my MAC brush collection and slowly add more. They are awesome and I take great care of them. If gives me pride knowing that each and every one of them is something I saved for and hand picked myself. I also like the fact that they have now lasted me 2 years +; a lot longer than any cheap brush lasted. Not putting useless waste into landfills also drives me to be more of a concious consumer.

As a compliment though, I do have to say I still have a few Quo brushes left from those days of cheap brushes. I have one I just love and refuse to part with, even though it doesn't match my family of MAC brushes. But all in all, less wasted make up + buying brushes once every 10 years (as opposed to every 2) = more savings in the end and less crap in our landfills.

smiles.gif

Ali253

My favorites are some very old silver plastic handled ones are from an old Mary Kay set and I absolutely love them. The rest are MAC, BE, Scott Barnes, UD, Cat Cosmetics, etc. I want to convert all my brushes into UD or Too Faced eventually because they are excellent non-animal hair brushes.

Corvs Queen

I use the Mary Kay brush set plus the 187.
I have the Olive and Teal brush sets from last Christmas and to be honest, I hardly ever use them.

TrusyMyEyes

I have alot of sonia kush (sp) brushes. They were slightly expensive but less expensive than mac and they work really really well. So if someone couldn't buy counter brushes I would direct them to sonias cause they are off the chain.

But, now I have a mix between like 2 mac some stilla and sonias.

I have like 5 cheap cheap ones..but I plan to stick with sonias stilas and macs.

calliestar

I have a small set of sephora brushes...I think it was around 45 dollars. I also have a small set of synthetic mary kay brushes that I don't use much. They were a gift. I also have a BE face brush, another Mary Kay brush that came with a compact, and several drugstore ones I got from target/walmart. I mainly use my sephora brushes and the Mary Kay one from the compact. I want to get some MAC e/s brushes.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous

Well said
smiles.gif
Drugstore Brushes for me.. Except 187# from MAC.

Chic 2k6

i got very puny collection =| i have:

eyelash comb
e/s applicator brush, its like a hairy thingy lol
6 blusher brushes
mini applicators
mini hairy applicators
3 l/g brush

all of course cheapo ones lol i rather buy an e/s and pigment than buy £25 187 brush

browneyedbaby

I don't have many (yet!)...

MAC:

Ruby & Millie:
Foundation brush
7mm Eyeliner
Eye definer
2 x Eye brush (m) short

d_flawless

i have 13 brushes from MAC, another 5 from other brands.

then i have a bath and body works "smudger" brush (a really small eyeshadow brush) i use to blend liner in my lashes, cheapo lip and concealer brushes i never even use, a sonia kashak brush (no. 4, and looks like a smaller 252), then some sephora brushes (small shader and this cool one that is comparable to the MAC 259)

Oonie

MAC

#116,#187,#209, (2) #213, (2) #217, #219, #222, #239, (2) #242, #252, #266, #272 (2) #318, #180, #249. #182, #204, #316

MAC SH brushes

#129, #168, #190, #194, #212, #213, #224, #239, (2) #242, #252, #266, #316

Prescriptives Foundation Brush and Eye Shaper Brush
Smashbox #21
Cargo Smoky Eye Brush

laurenmo88

brushes are my favorite thing from MAC
smiles.gif
i love their makeup but i feel that what really enhances their makeup is their brushes!

so the brushes i have are....
159, blush brush
219, (my favorite), pencil eye brush
222, blending eye brush
249, big flat eye brush
275, shading eye brush
311, eye liner brush
208, angled brush
102, eyebrow groomer
239SH, pink diana ross special edition (MY PRIDE AND JOY!)
266, big angled brush
316, lip liner brush w/ silver casing

i can't wait to get a 187, and the purple/gold brushes from patternmaker!!

YvetteJeannine

I mostly have MAC brushes...but I'd like to get a couple'a Smashbox brushes (I'd realllly like their slanted eyeliner brush) I have:

3 Bare Escentuals buffer brushes (not the Kabuki kind...more of a small blush brush)

1 Bare Escentuals concealer/eye shadow brush

Two sets of Essence Of Beauty brushes..one brush in each set is bigger than the other..so basically there's two sizes..one for 'bigger' jobs, and one for more detailed work-one set consists of small hair-tipped smudgers, the other set has two oval shaped sponge-tipped smudgers. These are cheap-os, but really great for smudging (esp. eyeliner) and I use them when I'm doing something messy (like w/ Black Tied, or Pigments) and I don't wanna get my MAC brushes dirty!

Origins Powder and Blush Brush...These are ancient! I don't even know why I keep them...The bristles are worn out like an old lady's 40 yr. old Florshiems!

Sephora Sponge-tipped applicator...I actually LOVE this..I use it a lot to apply Pigments to the lid. Why pay so much more for the MAC one when these are like four dollars!!

A cheap (but pretty nice) brush set in a plastic case..it contains all the "essential" brushes. I used to use this when I didn't really have many MAC brushes. I will probably give this to my 13 yr. old niece, as all the brushes are still in really good condition.

I also have many of those brush sets you get from GWP at Lancome and Estee Lauder

MAC:

eyelove.gif

9-01 ETA: Just got myself the #129 Blusher...Love this one, too.

I would LIKE to get another all-round Powder/Blush, and a large powder. Also I'd like the #272 (I think that's the one..it's a slant-tip eyeshadow brush)...AND the #228. Actually, there's a couple eye brushes I'd like to get..lol!!!!!!

11-02 Edit; these brushes were purchases from the last couple weeks through to tonight:

All MAC:

I also got a large powder/blush brush from Sephora
winks.gif

mona971

I love my MAC brushes and I take very good care of them, I have had my 116 brush for 5 years and it is still in awesome condition with all the writing still on the handle.

FACE:

109, 116, 129, 150, 162, 168, 187(x2), 190, 192

EYE:

201(x10), 204, 207, 210, 211, 213(x2), 216(x2), 217, 219, 222, 224, 225, 228, 236, 239, 242, 246, 249, 252, 255, 263, 266(x3), 272, 275

LIP:

306, 311, 321