What's Your Red???

TwistedFaith

Hi, just wanted add another I forgot in my original post and I can't believe it; YSL Rouge Volupte #18 in Red Taboo. I forgot about this one, and it is gorg! I would like to include MAC Wild Bout You but that has some strong fuschia/berry leanings, at least on me.

qipao

Big red is sexy! So many women fall in love with the color. But not all the women who love it can use red. It depends.

B7uemo0n

Everyone should try viva glam I. I wear it with NYX lip liner in burgundy and it is so pretty. It's the perfect red on me!! I bought all the MM lippies and none of them compare to this color!

13maggieann

I have viva glam and I feel just like I look terrible! Im fair skinned but want that deep matte vintage red look.

RaymondKurzweil

If your lips are highly pigmented (a SA gave me Midimauve to try and we both agreed it is my natural lip color in a tube), you're around a NC40, and you're looking for that ultimate, true red that doesn't turn fuchsia or pull orange and isn't dark, try NARS Jungle Red. I've always wanted a red lipstick that would be the equivalent of a Russian Red or Ruby Woo but for my WOC skin and lip tone, and this is it. It's a perfect true red. I'm lucky that it is permanent, too.

MACerette

I have viva glam and I feel just like I look terrible! Im fair skinned but want that deep matte vintage red look.
You didn't get Deeply Adored from MM? That's the shade that comes to my mind when I see deep matte vintage red for fair skin. You can make it darker by using darker lip pencils if it isn't dark enough. Oh I love that shade....

13maggieann

No! I get so nervous to try products living in South Dakota, without trying them first. We don't have a MAC counter or store so it sucks because I want so much but if I get it I end up being disappointed.

BlissfullyYours

How about Apres Chic or Absolute Power?? I loved Dubonet (my &$#@! Roomie stole it). And Smashbox Legendary. Its such a bright vibrant red, but totalky wearble.

CdotP

NARS- Velvet Matte lip Pencil Dragon Girl
MAC- Ruby Woo & Lady Danger
Stila Fiery
.......and I am currently on the hunt for more.

Ana A

Im on the olive darker side and I always struggle when it comes to red lipsticks, Ive tried tons and they are all either too dark, too orange, too creamy etc. etc......Anyway I dont have a fav single lipstick but I do have a favorite combo, I usually combine Mac Ruby woo and Mac lady danger...I like that it makes ruby woo pop even more without being drying (I hate ruby woo's texture by itself)

melissa20

MAC Ruby Woo!!!! absolute favorite of all time. looks gorgeous on any skin color, highly recommend this color.

B7uemo0n

MAC Ruby Woo!!!! absolute favorite of all time. looks gorgeous on any skin color,  highly recommend this color.
I love Viva Glam 1 but the wine color that it is makes my teeth look more yellow than they are. I do drink more coffee which I heard stains the teeth which sucks...

VioletPearl

I didn't really liked reds but this fall-winter I back to Mac-ed Ruby Woo, and I really like it, perfect for my really pale skin, and I really like that it is bright but not as blue as Russian Red for example.
When Aprés Chic came out, AC instantly became my favourite red though, it is a perfect toned down, bricky-brownish red on me,
it is perfection!
heart.gif

Perfectlypurple

My skin tone: MAC PLW fndn in NC 40, Studio Sculpt NC 40, Matchmaster 5.0, F&B C4, Revlon Colour stay in Natural Tan (Combination/Oily Skin) Fave Reds: MAC Ruby Woo, Deeply Adored, Heartless NARS: Cruella Velvet Matte lip pencil.

Perfectlypurple

Also Endless Drama plw lipstick from MAC and Prince Noir too omg soooo pretty! I love deep reds. Also Fiery/Beso liquid lipsticks from Stila and Dior Addict gloss in 856... I think that's it for now :p REDS