What's Your Red???

RaymondKurzweil

Depends on the red (like, does it lean blue or is it orange-based? and is it matte? or is it especially dark?, etc.) but usually something like NARS Lovejoy.

B7uemo0n

Depends on the red (like, does it lean blue or is it orange-based? and is it matte? or is it especially dark?, etc.) but usually something like NARS Lovejoy.
I have MAC Viva glam 1 which is a matte deep wine looking red. I also have apres chic lipstick that just came out.

VioletPearl

What blush color do you guys usually wear with red lipstick?
MAC's Buff, maybe mixed a tiny bit with Tenderling.
Or Sleek's Suede (really similar to Buff).
(Contoured with NYX's Taupe)
I like to wear neutral colors on my cheek if I am wearing red lipstick. :) Not rosy nor peachy.

VampyCouture

What blush color do you guys usually wear with red lipstick?
I know you said you had VG1, which is one of my favorite reds as well! I always forget about it, because it's not in the actual Mac lipstick lineup so it doesn't get as much love as it should.

I would honestly go with a neutral blush or a pinkish nude blush. Sometimes, just a great highlighter and contour is all you need. I have some deep blushes (ex: Nars Exhibit A) that look good too, but you definitely need a light hand!

VioletPearl

Mac ruby woo is my favorite red. . Its ridiculously red and matte
smiles.gif
Yes, I love that it is soo crazy MATTE!
And it makes it comfortable to wear, I'm not afraid of smearing at all.
heart.gif

LAKESHA1908

My HG Red Lipstick is MAC Russian Red it is the only Red I wear!!! I am MAC NC44 for reference.

I do LOVE Lady Danger too...

LauraLoumua

Mine is definitely "Deeply Adored" from the Marilyn Monroe collection from Mac. love it loads, gorgeous dark red that doesnt lean berry.

Love Crimson lip mix from mac too!

13maggieann

I have MAC viva glam I, but I want something a little more vintage. I'm super pale and have dark brown hair. Suggestions?

CrissyF

My favorite red combo on me is Mac Dubonnet with Ruffian Red on top to brighten the color just enough :) (I'm NC30 for reference)

cherrybomb138

Lime Crime's Glamour 101(great blue under toned red)and Retrofuturist(more of an orange-red) are both my go to reds :) I am also loving Julie Hewitt's reds from her Noir collection :)

bluelitzer

I never wore red. I try them out at counters but nothing really made me want to buy them. My first high end red is Charmed I'm Sure and it's because I wanted a MM collection lipstick and I only wore it with a Halloween costume (Snow White) once. But then I got MAC Ronnie Red from the AG collection.
holysheep.gif
I freakin fell in love with reds. RR is my HG lipstick. It's not like the usual blue based red. It's pinky-red but still blue based AND it's a gorgeous comfortable modern matte. I made sure I got backups to last until they hopefully repromote it.

CrissyF

I never wore red. I try them out at counters but nothing really made me want to buy them. My first high end red is Charmed I'm Sure and it's because I wanted a MM collection lipstick and I only wore it with a Halloween costume (Snow White) once. But then I got MAC Ronnie Red from the AG collection. :sheep:  I freakin fell in love with reds. RR is my HG lipstick. It's not like the usual red based blue. It's pinky-red but still blue based AND it's a gorgeous comfortable modern matte. I made sure I got backups to last until they hopefully repromote it.
Glad you finally found your HG red! Just a bummer that it's a LE shade.