Which collection is your favourite, or which collection lived up to the hype?

ratmist

I was disappointed by C Shock, and no matter how much I wanted to love Moonbathe, very few of the products actually worked well with my skintone and style. And the Barbie collection was really boring to me. So I thought I'd ask others - when and what was the last collection you really totally and completely loved? The one you felt lived up to the hype?

My favourite so far is the Lingerie Collection.

lara

Beauty Icon II (Diana Ross) and A Muse.

To be honest I usually don't get swept up in the hype to begin with, so my chances of being disappointed are greatly lowered. If you take the attitude of collection by collection, you can see the truely lovely items for what they are but not be crushed by the inevitable 'well, this isn't what I was expecting'.
smiles.gif

Beauty Mark

A Muse and Lingerie were the only collections I was genuinely impressed by.

I like Flashtronic, but it isn't my absolute favorites. I also don't get too overly invested in the hype, so I'm never really disappointed.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Beauty Icon II (Diana Ross) and A Muse.

To be honest I usually don't get swept up in the hype to begin with, so my chances of being disappointed are greatly lowered. If you take the attitude of collection by collection, you can see the truely lovely items for what they are but not be crushed by the inevitable 'well, this isn't what I was expecting'.
smiles.gif

Wise words, to be sure, but I don't think I was ever 'crushed' by the disappointment.
winks.gif
Hard to be crushed when you walk away with more money in your pocket, and maybe one nice new item rather than a splurge. All I meant was that I was disappointed and surprised at some of the somewhat mundane items in the past three collections. The way some of these recent collections sold out makes me wonder if I'm the only one that was struck by the 'Meh', so I was curious if there were other collections that people really remember for being somehow noteworthy.

ledonatella

For this year at least, Barbie was great, C Shock was netter than expected (because I didn't have very high hopes for it), Moonbathe disappointed, Strange Hybrid was just okay, Balloonacy disappointed, and Flashtronic/Rushmetal is my fave so far, even beating Barbie!

girlstar

The Barbie collection was definitely my favourite.. but that's because I'm a little biased towards her! Otherwise, no collections have really been my *favourite*, I've been happy with one or two things from each collection, because that's all I can afford. Of course, if I could afford more, I would definitely buy more, but I bet I would end up swapping most of it, if I did..

Chrystia

Moonbathe has been my favourite collection this year. I bought both blushes, all five shadows, two lipglosses, two lipsticks, a nail lacquer, molten sol, and a glimmershimmer. (On top of one of the charged waters from sunstrip) The colors are great for me since I have so much gold in my skin. I've been using them non stop all summer.

I was dissapointed with both Rushmetal and Flashtronic. I thought I would want everything, but once I stopped in to buy them nothing liooked right. I ended up buying Gold Spill, Northern Lights, Flashtronic l/g, and Mauvement pigment. I was pretty sad. None of the upcoming collections have gotten too much interest from me either....oh well.

glamqueen1

I loved moonbathe, even if I did'n get much- claire de lune and cosmic e/s and golded for the nails, but once I started using it, couldn't use anything else! It goes so well with my colours and with my clothes! used a softer orange with it, blooming from Make Up Store (swedish brand)

lsperry

Nocturnelle is my 2006 favorite. But there were other 2006 collections I got plenty from.

For 2007, C-shock is my fave, so far. And I have gotten a few things from the other collections, as well.

I don’t look for all the collections to grab me. I read past the hype and pick and choose what is suitable for my NW45 skin. I don’t look for any collection to be the “be all, end all” collection for me. How can it for anyone other than a MA? But that’s my opinion.

I got the quads from Raquel Welch collection and glissade MSF and quad from Corps de Couleur and was satisfied there was nothing else from the collections I liked. Also, I got the Barbie doll collectibles and a couple of eye shadows and lipstick/glass.

I like MAC for its versatility and creativeness. And if I had other cosmetic companies to choose from, I would pick and choose from their collections as I see fit, too.

But for now, I’m satisfied with the type of collections they release and the timing, as well. I feel there's no need to fret and get full of angst......

BlahWah

Moonbathe surprised me, as I didn't think I'd get much other than Firespot. C-Shock, however, was exactly was I expected and definitely didn't disappont! Altho I passed on most of the shadows because I have dupes, if I had enough money I definitely would not regret buying all of them, even backups of them. I don't wear lipstick much so I haven't gotten any of those yet, but again, w/ enough cash they'd be on my buy list because I can find some way to work all of them. =)

*edit* If I was into MAC earlier I think Salsabelle would've topped the list. A good group of items I'm wishing for are from that collection!

coachkitten

One of my favorite collections of all time is Madame B. I love pollen, moth brown, metamorph, and meadowland!!!

Although I have liked a lot of the collections this year, none have really wowed me. I am hoping that Blue Storm and McQueen change all of that!
smiles.gif

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
One of my favorite collections of all time is Madame B. I love pollen, moth brown, metamorph, and meadowland!!!

Although I have liked a lot of the collections this year, none have really wowed me. I am hoping that Blue Storm and McQueen change all of that!
smiles.gif

I'm very curious about the McQueen one. Some of the names sound really funky.
smiles.gif

amelia.jayde

i have only been interested in the collections since danse (but i didn't like danse and bought nothing from it) so yeah lmao

but anyway, so far, my favorite was c-shock. i bought all the eyeshadows and vivacious lipstick. moonbathe was just... not suited to my style, but i did get other worldly 'cause a MA put it on me. strange hybrid was okay, but i passed on it. i only liked balloonacy for viz-a-violet and helium. i liked barbie just for the lip products.. and well, the end.

stellarx1587

I was pretty pleaded with Moon Bathe. The colors complimented my skintone nicely. Barbie IMO lived up to the hype. Umm... Id say Lingerie and High Tea are still big stand outs for me.

Graziella*K

I don't know Mac for a very long time but my 3 favorite collections are : C-Shock,Formal black 2006 and Strange Hybrid !

I liked Barbie too but some of the eyesadows were disapointing and I also think that Danse and Untamed were nice collections !

xoxoGraziellaxoxo

juicyaddict

I only got into MAC this year, and so far I love Barbie. This is the collection I use most of the time. Mothbrown, beautyburst, magic dust, pearl sunshine, sweet and single, modern ms, malibu barbie, happening gal, fab, don't be shy are my favorites. The colors are so wearable at least for me.

flowerhead

I rarely get anything from collections because I'm very set in what looks good on me, but I really loved Rebelrock, I bought everything from that collection as I love cool mauves, greys and blues on me..I've run out of my Oi Oi Oi! lipglass and I'm gutted
ssad.gif

bellaetoile

the last collection i really, truly LOVED was lingerie. since then, i liked sweetie cake, lure/bait/hooked, a muse, and c-shock. overall, though, i feel like the collections have been released way too often, and are used only as a way formac to generate extra profit, not release something original that the consumers will actually appreciate. too often, we are seeing similar colors, re-releases, and massive new LE collections. it gets frustrating..

Twinkle_Twinkle

I actually liked Strange Hybrid a lot. I find myself coming back to the products in the collection again and again. I think the C-Shock shadows are great, and a great change from what I usually see at MAC, but you could also get bright colors like it from Ben Nye. I didn't really start paying attention to Limited Edition collections until Nocturnelle/Danse, so I don't have much to choose from. But I do agree that Barbie was pretty normal, the colors were wearable but not wow, so I am totally perplexed by the excitement around it. The packaging was cool though Maybe that's why?
I think there has been at least one really cool product in every collection (except this Rachel Welch, eww) and I like that the items from the collections are linering around the counters longer so it gives me a chance to try a product without the pressure that it is going to sell out and I have to get it now or else or the opp. to re-discover a product I might have passed on the first time around. I wish had been into MAC during the Adore and Lingerie collections. I have Boudior Hues and I wish I could get my hands on some of the shadows from that collection.