Which collection is your favourite, or which collection lived up to the hype?

jenii

Lingerie and Flashtronic, no question. Those are my two favorite collections, even though I didn't bother with the MSFs from Flashtronic. The e/s is amazing, though.

Danse also deserves a mention, just because I love Swan Lake e/s so much.

panda0410

Rushmetal has been my favourite this year, but I am also a pigment freak and I own next to nothing else in way of cosmetics, a few lippies and liners, mascara and thats it, everything else is piggies!! I bought all the Rushmetal piggies and the only one I hated was Quick Frost.....
I did like Icon Diana Ross and Madame B as well though, I got lippies from both collections and love them to bits! Next to that its probably Barbie and Strange Hybrid - again lipsticks form those collections only, but I love them both
smiles.gif

BeatrixKiddo

Moonebathe hands down. For my eye color Blue , hair multi-Blond, and skintone Tan

Every single e/s works for me, I absolutly adore my two lipstick shades Sunmetal & Honey Moon + my one blush Afterdusk.

I use them so much, I bought many b/ups. I seriously couldn't be more pleased with MAC for this 'Gift'. I needed this collection.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii
Danse also deserves a mention, just because I love Swan Lake e/s so much.

Yes, some of the lipsticks and glosses from Danse are really nice. Both pigments were nice, I love French Grey & Swan Lake, and the Corps de Colour Quad is amazing.

JGmac

I just got into MAC this year as well, but I've found all but one of the Lure eyeshadows at a CCO and I really enjoy them.

I've also found myself coming back to Strange Hybrid - a lot of the colors are very wearable. And Showflower has been one of my favorite items yet.

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist

My favourite so far is the Lingerie Collection.

me too!!!the lipgelees were beautiful!

and Amuse.. Lure and Barbie

old ones i like are Pop mode Snow girl and playboy (just for the colours cos i think playboy is tacky!)

i was dissapointed with moonbathe too... too dull and dark for me x

Jacq-i

My favorites are Lure, Danse, Barbie Loves MAC, and Flashtronic.

I'm really exicted about McQueen, Smoke Signals, and Blue Storm though!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Barbie was amazing!!

I absolutely LOVED Lingerie. However, I was very new to MAC and was not aware of things being limited edition and being discontinued. So I only had Sunday Best and I ran out of that quickly.

geeko

Barbie was my favourite collection... i bought all except one of the shadows, both the beauty powders, both the blushers, 3 lipsticks, 3 lipglosses..

this was the most i've ever spent on a single collection

makeupgal

I did like Barbie, Nocturnelle and Strange Hybrid....anything after that, I haven't been overjoyed by. Which is totally out of character for me because I normally buy every piece of each collection. Haven't done that since the collections I mentioned above. My favorite collections ever were Dolled Up and Lady Danger. BTW, if anyone knows where I can get the face charts for Dolled Up, please PM me.

ratmist

I didn't get into MAC until this year. I'm not a makeup person at heart, and I rarely use more than a bit of eyeshadow and lipgloss on a daily basis. I don't enjoy foundation (I rarely use it), I really despise blush (sorry blush ladies but I'm just not comfortable with it), or even mascara (it sucks but it's difficult for me to wear because I wear contacts).

I was sick of using Clinique and Dior, and a friend of mine let me borrow a few MAC shadows, and I fell in love. I found MAC's general colour payoff was miles better than Clinique, had better staying-power than Dior, and what has to be the largest range of eyeshadows I'd ever come across. So when I asked about 'favourite' collections, I guess I was looking to see what I'd missed over the years - the ones in recent years that stood out among the rest. The first set of MAC makeup I bought was a set of 11 pigments for $200 on eBay, and after authenticating they were real, I realised that my absolute favourite colour was Goldenaire. It was the perfect colour. Pink Opal was the first I tried, and it came a close second. I did a bit of research and found that both were from the Lingerie collection, and after looking at other items from the collection, I found I was disappointed I'd missed out big time. The colour range is exactly what I prefer to use on a daily basis - a bit of a shimmer, glowy colours, easy to blend, etc.

I think I skipped Barbie because I didn't really like the colours, but I also have a grudge against Barbie. *ahem*
smiles.gif
(Yes, I'm one of *those* girls.)

Looking through the Color Stories, I think I would've loved the Rockocco and Rococo range, the Rebelrock range, everything in the Gold Play range, and some of the now-discontinued shadesticks from Points of Hue. Maybe MAC will re-release some of them. Personally I'd love to own a Stereo Rose, and a Petticoat (but not for more than $50 each!).
smiles.gif

*Edit* I should say I like using a bit of powder rather than foundation, just to control oil and to give a glow. Hence, I like the MSFs.

Cosmopolitics

Since I've been "into" makeup and MAC in general, Lure is my favorite, hands down. I'm pretty sure I would have loved Salsabelle, though.

MaryJane

I think Barbie was probably the most hyped collection ever. When I first saw the pics and swatches, nothing impressed me but once I saw it in person I bought almost the entire collection so this definitely lived up to the hype! It is much more wearable that I thought.

My second fave collection is Moonbathe. I don't recall there being alot of hype around this but it is beautiful. Again, bought almost the entire collection.

The other collections have been disappointing ~ especially Flashtronic.

melliquor

My favourite collections were Barbie, Strange Hybrid, and Flashtronic.

Barbie - all of the e/s are great and blushes were fab. I bought the entire collection and 5 backups of Moth Brown and one backup of Pearl Sunshine

Strange Hybrid - the e/s were brilliant. I love Rose Blanc, Fertile, and Moonbathe. Also the blushes were really nice. Lets not forget Orchidazzle. Such a pretty lippie

Flashtronic - Ether is my HG blue e/s. Also the MSFs are really great in this collection.

I think the collection I was most let down on was CShock. The e/s were very chalky and didn't have good texture. I was very disappointed. I bought all of them and was disappointed by every single e/s. I was so caught up in the rush because it was so limited that I went and bought everything right away. I will never do that again.

I think from the past collections... I would have loved Danse, Amuse, and Lingerie. They sound just like the colours that I love.

MisStarrlight

You guys really <3 Lingerie that much? It pretty much put me to sleep.

Sweetie Cake was the only collection I remember wanting everything from (except for those nasty lip gloss pot things)...ok, so it was just he pigments I loved....

I also really liked Balloonacy.....apparently I have a thing for the Prom collections-maybe it's my inner 16 year old coming out.

I didn't like Lure/Bait/Hooked when it came out, but this year I found myself continuously referencing it & wishing that Moonbathe was even half as cool.

oddinary

Flashtronic lived upto the hype.
Northern Lights turned out to be popular and everyone seemed to love the MES
greengrin.gif
Probably 70% thought the lipglasses were boring, but personally I loved them!